300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help....

Just wondering if anyone knows of a tax preparer that specializes in police officers. I need to find a qualified tax professional that could help me in preparing and filing my tax returns. If he/she uses E-file that would be a plus. Thanks..

Anyplace in the state of Illinois specifically?
    Or are you looking to mail it in to them?

Comment

Thanks for a reply...Yeah anyplace within driving distance from Chicago.. I never went the mail in route...so I don't know what the time frame would be considering its already the 5th of April...

Comment

Nothing like waiting until the very end Chances are there is no way you can get into "my guy" this year, but Tom Wozny of Tax Services of IL. is in Frankfort and works wilth ALOT of Cops and does a great job.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Thanks dogcop...yeah my guy retired and with the process of moving time just "slipped" away...like it always does. Well I could give it a shot and call.. if you can provide his phone number it would be greatly appreciated.. you can email me at [email protected] once again thanks..

Comment

tax

There is a guy that advertises in the changing ads above on this page, from time to time.

Comment

My tax guy is GREAT with PO's and Firefighters. He works here in the Mt.Greendwood area (near 111th and pulaski).

He is an ex IRS Agent, and works with ALOT of police officers, seeing as Mt. Greenwood has alot.

I have never hadd anyone get me as much bak as this guy does, he knows his way around the tax system.

If you want his name and # PM me.

Comment

As a tax preparer (and a full time Corrections officer), I can tell you first of all that there is no "specialty" for tax preparation for law enforcement. There are preparers like myself who have a lot of law enforcement clientele, but tax preparers don't specialize in any given occupation. If they tell you they specialize in it, sorry but it's just not true. There are a multitude of deductions law enforcement officers are entitled to year after year (I replied to a post citing many of them on this website). If you only plan to use the standard deduction, you are better off using commercial software. If you are going to itemize and you find a reputable preparer that deals with a lot of your fellow officers, just make sure they are legal...have a license or are premitted by law to prepare taxes, have some sort of error and omissions insurance/bond to guarantee their work, and that they sign the forms prior to getting your signature. I hope this helps as a quick guide, I'd hate to see another officer get steered in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by CO&Txman View Post
                  As a tax preparer (and a full time Corrections officer), I can tell you first of all that there is no "specialty" for tax preparation for law enforcement. There are preparers like myself who have a lot of law enforcement clientele, but tax preparers don't specialize in any given occupation. If they tell you they specialize in it, sorry but it's just not true. There are a multitude of deductions law enforcement officers are entitled to year after year (I replied to a post citing many of them on this website). If you only plan to use the standard deduction, you are better off using commercial software. If you are going to itemize and you find a reputable preparer that deals with a lot of your fellow officers, just make sure they are legal...have a license or are premitted by law to prepare taxes, have some sort of error and omissions insurance/bond to guarantee their work, and that they sign the forms prior to getting your signature. I hope this helps as a quick guide, I'd hate to see another officer get steered in the wrong direction.
                  You are 3 months late with your useless info.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
                    BAHAHAHAHA
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

lmao!

Comment

Wise ***

Any info helps on dealing with the tax man. Since he comes every year!!

Although, your post was funny, Jail Guard.

Comment

think again....

Actually if it was useless...you wouldn't have read it or responded to it. Oh and uh in case you didn't know, taxes are actually a year around business, with only people like myself coming in January-April on the side. And since tax laws change year to year, people tend to have tax questions all year long. I just happen to me more of help here because although I do taxes on the side four months a year, I wear a badge the rest of the time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16410 users online. 455 members and 15955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X