300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palos Heights Pd

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from this department. For a while I was recieving letters every two weeks or so. The last time I had any contact with this department I was fingerprinted, photographed, and I filled out a packet about my background.

The tests I have taken are:

Written: Passed
    Oral: Passed
    Physical: Passed
    Poly: Passed

ANY RESPONSES ARE APPRECIATED. THANKS

MovingOn who lurches around here could help ya with that im sure. Why dont you just call the commission and find out to?
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

Makes sense I've seen a lot of two people cars rolling around.

NO MORE WIND IN MY SAILS.

Comment

I'm going to call the two sgt's I had contact with over there they are pretty cool guys so hopefully they can give me a response.

Two Questions:

1) Do they send you a letter saying you didn't get the job?

2) Do you think it is wrong to ask why you didn't get the job, because I believe I was a top canidate (except for not being former LE)?

Comment

This is a hurry up and wait game. They may be having a hard time locking in an academy slot or something in your background is taking longer than expected to look into (a good background check can take 6 months to a year to complete) or may be your not the person they are looking for and they prefer laterals.

Calling the commission is not smart. If you have an officer that you know at the PD that can offer you information, then so be it. However, most officers have no idea what is going on with the F&P Board or the hiring process. At my PD I'll come to work and out of no where there is a new face at the PD. We are out of the loop as far as the hiring process goes.
          Last edited by southchicopper; 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
            MovingOn who lurches around here could help ya with that im sure. Why dont you just call the commission and find out to?
            I worked on Palos Height's undercover squad. The guy that I was dealing with told me they already went through 7 or 8 people on their list. Thats all I know.

Comment

its not a squad its a gold explorer they use for drug busts i believe. I think all the palos areas use it because ive seen it all over.
              US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by MJN325
                Undercover squad?? Are you talking about the SSMCTF? I've never heard of the Heights having a UC Squad
                No, it is definately Palos's car. It is an SUV I don't remember what color it is but it was a Ford. Edge is right they told me it was the drug car but that they were most likely changing it over to public works.

Comment

Originally posted by MJN325
                  Undercover squad?? Are you talking about the SSMCTF? I've never heard of the Heights having a UC Squad
                  BTW every palos but palos park is going for the undercover squads now. Palos hills has 2 completely blacked out tahoes. I believe palos heights has a regular looking impala with the wig wags and strobes
                  US Army 13M

Comment

Wow, post the discription of UC Units on a public forum... Brilliant!

Comment

calls for a guiness! Brilliant!
                      US Army 13M

Comment

if you drive down 111th these cars are too well known i swear those tahoes write so many damn tickets im surprised palos hills isnt rolling around in c class benz squads
                        US Army 13M

Comment

Applications are now open

http://www.palosheights.org/static/u...9f2efa9553.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11318 users online. 464 members and 10854 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X