Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how much it costs per recruit, but out of pocket I spent over 6,000 of my own money for the CPD Academy!

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
      I don't know how much it costs per recruit, but out of pocket I spent over 6,000 of my own money for the CPD Academy!
      So did you enroll before being hired, or did you have to pay anyway?

Comment

alot of cash to dish out.
        “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

http://www.silec.org/intern.asp found this but call to verify good luck
          “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShepXD View Post
            Josph26, the 200 question "equivalency exam" will come at the end of your training modules. I'm fairly certain it's the same exam that recruits take at the end of the academy. You must get 70% correct on that exam alone, I don't think the module exams count for anything.
            Thanks so much for your insight. I'll have to do the best I can preparing for the exam. I wish I could get some good study material.

Comment

You could be an idiot and pass that exam (trust me, I graduated from PTI w/ a few who have proven the truthfulness of that statement).

Also, I believe a passing score is actually 68% and most of the test is common sense. Sure, there are some technical questions with regard to statutes that are specific to Illinois (and pray you don't get a test booklet loaded w/ Hazmat questions!).

For the most part, however, you should be good to go if you already have experience w/ case law that applies everywhere (e.g., tennessee vs. garner; arizona vs. gant, etc.) and if you just use common sense.

If you have any more questions, pm me - I've graduated from an IL p/t academy and also PTI (12 week, not the 80 hr transitional) and as a result, I've taken that test twice (and passed both times w/o putting much time into studying for either).
              Last edited by ilparkcop; 11-13-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ilparkcop View Post
                You could be an idiot and pass that exam (trust me, I graduated from PTI w/ a few who have proven the truthfulness of that statement).

Also, I believe a passing score is actually 68% and most of the test is common sense. Sure, there are some technical questions with regard to statutes that are specific to Illinois (and pray you don't get a test booklet loaded w/ Hazmat questions!).

For the most part, however, you should be good to go if you already have experience w/ case law that applies everywhere (e.g., tennessee vs. garner; arizona vs. gant, etc.) and if you just use common sense.

If you have any more questions, pm me - I've graduated from an IL p/t academy and also PTI (12 week, not the 80 hr transitional) and as a result, I've taken that test twice (and passed both times w/o putting much time into studying for either).
                Is the part time tests the same tests that the full timers take ?

Comment

Same Certification Test. There are a few different versions, but P/T and F/T take the test.

Comment

Can anyone tell me in general what kind of hazmat questions there are in case I do get that test with a lot of hazmat in it ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimijodie View Post
                      Can anyone tell me in general what kind of hazmat questions there are in case I do get that test with a lot of hazmat in it ?
                      You will get instruction during the academy on hazmat. And then you will be tested on that material.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6330 users online. 231 members and 6099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X