Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charges dropped against 2 former SOS officers & the public perception

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charges dropped against 2 former SOS officers & the public perception

    http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...021109.article

    Reading the public's comments on this story both on the Sun Times and Tribune websites, it seems people believe it's a "CPD coverup". I'm not a cop so maybe I am ignorant of the situation, but why would the State's Attorney's Office cover up a crime for these officers? The SA and CPD are seperate entities right? If anything, I would think the SA would be getting political pressure to make charges stick in this situation.

    In any event, guilty or innocent, the State's Attorney couldn't prove their case so I say let the officers move on with their lives.

  • #2
    Originally posted by FourAces325 View Post
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...021109.article

    Reading the public's comments on this story both on the Sun Times and Tribune websites, it seems people believe it's a "CPD coverup". I'm not a cop so maybe I am ignorant of the situation, but why would the State's Attorney's Office cover up a crime for these officers? The SA and CPD are seperate entities right? If anything, I would think the SA would be getting political pressure to make charges stick in this situation.

    In any event, guilty or innocent, the State's Attorney couldn't prove their case so I say let the officers move on with their lives.
    It's not a cover-up by CPD... the SAs office gets a kick out of prosecuting law enforcement. (City, County, State, etc) as u stated, there would be (and was/still is) massive political, and media pressure to make the charges stick. I guess there will be liberal groups, so-called, fake community and religious leaders (media whores), and The Great Rev. Al Sharpton to voice outrage.

    Comment


    • #3
      Congratulations to those two officers. F*** the media.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
        Congratulations to those two officers. F*** the media.
        Congrats for shaking down dealers and getting caught and not prosecuted? The media is bs, but so is being corrupt.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
          The media is bs, but so is being corrupt.
          So is being naive enough to believe all those cops were bad.
          Last edited by skigoggles; 02-12-2009, 07:02 PM. Reason: it was is

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
            Congrats for shaking down dealers and getting caught and not prosecuted? The media is bs, but so is being corrupt.
            Glad you had the "inside track" on what really happened with these guys..

            Comment


            • #7
              From Morse's other posts, it appears he has the "inside track" to alot of police issues

              If those Officers are truly clean, I hope they sue and get a payday. If POS's can get paid, so should Cops that get railroaded.
              www.saveavet.org

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                Congrats for shaking down dealers and getting caught and not prosecuted? The media is bs, but so is being corrupt.
                I'm trying to figure this one out because for now it seems like you are sticking up for the dealers. As a citizen I wouldn't give a rats *** if they beat em with a baseball bat. They're garbage in our community and should be treated as such.
                And the only corrupt that concerns me is if you work with the dealers.
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                  I'm trying to figure this one out because for now it seems like you are sticking up for the dealers. As a citizen I wouldn't give a rats *** if they beat em with a baseball bat. They're garbage in our community and should be treated as such.
                  And the only corrupt that concerns me is if you work with the dealers.
                  Well, just to play devil's advocate, I'll say that shaking down dealers is different from getting them off the streets. Shaking down dealers is just sort of like leeching off them and perpetuating the problem.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U



                  http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 4219 users online. 185 members and 4034 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X