Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow............i just can't win.........i told you all that i was gonna write all my traffic stops and tonight i get a beef because i wrote some $$$hole..........i guess my next stop is not to make any traffic stops ever again.....that's not my style, besides i suffer from ADD and i gotta keep busy.......i'm just gonna roll with the punches, besided this time i had the camera running and my sgt was rolling blocks with me tonight.........for the ones keeping score, my sgt got a beef too........guess going 19 over doesn't deserve a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Unsportmanlike1 View Post
      .....if the violator does not receive a hard copy of a uniform citation (ie; written warning or Citation) they believe that they were pulled over unjustly and the police officer was only targeting them for whatever reason their little minds can conjure up.
      We were in a somewhat similar situation about five years ago. If we made a traffic stop, asked for a consent search and found nothing, rather than issue a cite for the initial violation we usually gave the driver a verbal warning as a tradeoff for their cooperation and the inconvenience of the search. The ACLU sued us alleging racial profiling on consent searches. One of their arguments was that the stop was based on race alone, because if we really had PC, we would have cited the driver for the initial violation even if nothing was found.

When that argument was made, word came down that from now on, there will be no more verbal warnings on consent searches that don't turn up contraband, Instead, the driver will always get a citation for whatever the initial cause was for the stop. We really felt bad because if it turned out that the driver was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time, under the wrong circumstances and was fully cooperative with us, it didn't seem fair to hit him with a citation on top of that. But, if the our failure to do so was going to be held against it, then we had to do it to protect ourselves.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5127 users online. 301 members and 4826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X