300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Beef

It's official, no more verbal warnings........i just got a beef from a motorist all because i let them go on a verbal warning........i believe that if the violator does not receive a hard copy of a uniform citation (ie; written warning or Citation) they believe that they were pulled over unjustly and the police officer was only targeting them for whatever reason their little minds can conjure up. IF YOU GET STOPPED BY ME, EXPECT A TICKET!!!!!!!!

Don't worry I extend professional courtesy.

Well, that sounds very unsportsmanlike of you.

Comment

I can still give out verbals.

Comment

Don't ticket me...

if I get a ticket I will pay it but I may fight it. However if I get a verbal warning I just thank the officer and move on. If they cut you some slack, there is no reason to bitch about them for pulling you over.

Comment

Congrats! You have just learned the first basic rule of public service -

No good deed goes unpunished.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Unsportmanlike1 View Post
            It's official, no more verbal warnings........i just got a beef from a motorist all because i let them go on a verbal warning........i believe that if the violator does not receive a hard copy of a uniform citation (ie; written warning or Citation) they believe that they were pulled over unjustly and the police officer was only targeting them for whatever reason their little minds can conjure up. IF YOU GET STOPPED BY ME, EXPECT A TICKET!!!!!!!!

Don't worry I extend professional courtesy.
            Just curious was there a racial difference during the traffic stop? I'm not asking who is who.

A Friend of mine pulled over this guy and asked him do you know why i pulled you over? His reply because i'm Black. He now just tells people when he pulls them over I stopped you because.

Comment

I write written warnings probably 95% of the time. Last summer I stopped a guy for speed and during the stop a call came out in my district so I decided to clear the stop with a verbal at which time the violator told me I gave him a verbal because I couldnt prove he was speeding. He then went on and on about how he was stopped because he of the color of his skin. If I wasnt in a hurry I would of told him you arent happy with a verbal sit tight I'll be right back with your ticket. Its a shame when your trying to do the nice quick thing with the verbal and people complain. Would they rather have a ticket????

Comment

some people are idiots! Does your PC extend to CSO's on here lmao
                Please let me know, Thank you.
                US Army 13M

Comment

It seems like the only people who complain are the one's who were given breaks. That has proven itself over and over again. Unreal how that works.
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Just curious was there a racial difference during the traffic stop? I'm not asking who is who.
                    The driver was black, but I work in a typically black area so that shouldn't be an issue.
                    Does your PC extend to CSO's on here lmao
                    if you hump the job, doesn't make a difference if you a CSO, AUX, Retired, in both the LE and FIRE businesses, and that goes for their family, your pretty safe with me.

I looking at it this way if I'm getting out of my car on a Traffic Stop and you don't fit in the criteria mentioned above, then you getting a ticket, end of story. It sucks that it has to come down to this but I looking out for my best interest (My Family)

Comment

What was the stop for? A mover, registration, equipment? Just curious...

I stop people all the time for equipment and almost always give them a verbal... maybe I should change my mindset...

Comment

Originally posted by Unsportmanlike1 View Post
                        if you hump the job, doesn't make a difference if you a CSO

it was a joke see the 7 page long thread on rookie cop gave me no PC
                        Please let me know, Thank you.
                        US Army 13M

Comment

You know sometimes the often forgotten written warning can be very handy for curbing this crap. I would use them for every equipment violation and explain to the driver "I'm not going to give you a citation for this, just make sure you get it fixed. Here is a copy of the warning in case you get stopped tonight by another officer, you can show them you are already aware and have been checked." I used this on your average decent person, no dung heads.

I learned this eliminated the crap you mentioned. I think people realize they came closer to getting a ticket. They are already prepared to be pulled over again, like you just mentioned, and they stop thinking about you. You become the fair cop and you can clear the stop in a quick amount of time to sniff out the next big one. I think I got a thank you every time. To some those words don't mean a lot, but when you work in a tiny town those people you have stopped may be there to help you someday.

I never did them for moving violations- just a waste of time.

Comment

For whatever reason, that just reminded me of the time my wife called me one time and said, "Hey, I just got pulled over for no front plate on the car and the officer said he gave me a written warning....but now that I'm looking at it...it's a $75 ticket!!!!"

What is even WORSE is I know the officer (he doesn't know my wife or this car and she doesn't tell people I'm an officer) and I called him on it. He actually told me he'll say that sometime so people don't get upset. He went on to say it was on a compliance ticket...not a state ticket so "it's kind of like a warning"...

Comment

I've had to rely on PC twice in my life (been driving for 6 years) and I have to say was really really grateful. I didn't go right out and say "OMG DON'T TICKET ME, MY DADDYS A COP" but I politely told them my father would kill me if I got a ticket in his car. Usually made the Officer laugh and we'd get to talking.

Point being, please don't ticket me if you pull me over

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7594 users online. 387 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X