300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanston Interview Question

Looking to get some information on how Evanston conducts their panel interviews. I just received a letter about my upcoming interview and noticed that they give you 30 minutes to prepare for the interview and that's fallowed by a writing sample. Any info on this matter will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It's a standardized (meaning everyone gets the same questions) board interview. IIRC, you'll be interviewed by three people and the questions are fairly standard. The writing sample is a standard interview question, too; it's just to make sure that you can put a sentence together.
    "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

I went through the entire Evanston hiring process, dropped out to take a position with another department.

The interview isn't all that bad, just nerve racking like most panel interviews.

I don't want to give too much away, just know the town you're working for, and why you want to work there. Also, you can use the notes you take in the preparation phase during the interview, but don't use them too much, it will take too much time. If you take notes, make them neat, I think they may peak at those along with your writing sample.

Also my panel was five officers.
      This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10097 users online. 370 members and 9727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X