300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Fast Track

I've heard from some that the Fast Track could be making a comeback. Is there any truth to this rumor?

The search function is your friend.

To answer your question though, refer to the many ISP threads in this subsection. More specifically refer to ISPCapt.

Comment

Anything can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unsportmanlike1 View Post
        I've heard from some that the Fast Track could be making a comeback. Is there any truth to this rumor?
        ditto what ILTPR said.

Comment

I'm all for the academy because traditionally law enforcement is ruled by ego's. for example, you have a PO that has humped the calls/walked the beats for a number of years, developed his/her own way of doing things and now he or she wants a change so they apply for a new agency and go through a new FTO cycle, however, they have the B/S attitude of Been there/Done that which causes havoc for their FTO's. I know, I've trained such individuals. Correct me if I'm wrong, that is why the full 26 week academy is needed. I just hate the idea of being away from my family for 26 weeks, i know you go home on the weekends but still, it's a grind. I would jump at the opportunity of 12 weeks as apposed to 26 but i guess if one truly wants the position of ISP Trooper than they will just do it without complaining.

By the way does anyone have any information of how many classes are scheduled for the 2009 year and if one tests in July, about how long does the process take till they are in a recruit class (estimated)?

Comment

What ILTPR said. Not likely.

By the way does anyone have any information of how many classes are scheduled for the 2009 year
            Too early to tell. The new fiscal starts July 1. No one will know until the legislature settles on a budget. That's suppose to be done by the end of May each year. Realistically, they usually run well into June and sometimes into July.

and if one tests in July, about how long does the process take till they are in a recruit class (estimated)?
            The quickest - expect at least 3 months. That will depend on how often classes are being run and when the testing is done. Some of the people being considered for this next class tentatively set for May tested last summer. While 3 months could be the quickest it could also be a year.
            183 FBINA

Comment

Thanks for the information ISPCapt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12561 users online. 457 members and 12104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X