300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Sheriff

Do you get to choose where you work as a deputy? I heard that you had to work as a jailor for a couple of years before getting to patrol and stuff. That sounds like the worst deal ever. I just wanted to check my facts.

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
    Do you get to choose where you work as a deputy? I heard that you had to work as a jailor for a couple of years before getting to patrol and stuff. That sounds like the worst deal ever. I just wanted to check my facts.
    Currently, you have to start off in the jail, or the courts 4 at least a year. Then, after ur probation, u can test 4 Sheriff's Police (also a juice spot). (Note that sheriff's police, there is a separate police academy 4 that, because 4 jail or courts, thats the corrections academy) More than likely, it would b the jail, because u need political influence to get in court services.

Comment

To add on...

You don’t get to choose where you work either. You get your location and your shift assigned. Once you start to build up seniority, then you can bid for location, shift, and days off.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

And jailers are Deputy Sheriff's.

And we do have a long running one-stop thread for the CCSO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post

Yes it depends on who you know. Also i see you applied for CPD. I know one thing worse that working in the jail. Having a 14yr as you partner while on the beat.

Comment

What divisions are the best to work withing ccdoc? I heard you dont want 7 or 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Wings08 View Post
                What divisions are the best to work withing ccdoc? I heard you dont want 7 or 8.
                There is no such thing as Division 7.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                  Ha. Maybe we should ask Capt. Dembosz if there is a Division 7?
                  WIISAD
                  While invisible, I see and destroy.

Comment

I gotta stop bidding for that division.
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

U should read the fiscal budget, according to it, there is a Div. 7. i think there was supposed 2 be years ago, but it didn't happen, however, money is still budgeted 4 it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wings08 View Post
                        U may mean Div. 3/8, which is all-women. And ur rite, u don't want that drama, unless ur at the bottom of the barrel, senority-wise. Then, u don't have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
                          Yes it depends on who you know. Also i see you applied for CPD. I know one thing worse that working in the jail. Having a 14yr as you partner while on the beat.
                          ZING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
                            Currently, you have to start off in the jail, or the courts 4 at least a year. Then, after ur probation, u can test 4 Sheriff's Police (also a juice spot). (Note that sheriff's police, there is a separate police academy 4 that, because 4 jail or courts, thats the corrections academy) More than likely, it would b the jail, because u need political influence to get in court services.

Dayum! wasnt aware I had to start in a jail.......it's just depressing isnt it? being around low lifes all day....

Comment

Originally posted by GORTIZ View Post
                              Dayum! wasnt aware I had to start in a jail.......it's just depressing isnt it? being around low lifes all day....
                              No not really, I was like thank god I didn't make those stupid decisions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10032 users online. 440 members and 9592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X