300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
    Today on the way to work -17 with low traffic. I pushed on the speed to warm up the car heat was on blowing cold air at me new car. I see a local PD cruzer pull a u turn. Hits me with the lights I pull over to the right, stop, turn interior lights on. He runs the plates "police memorial" me in uniform. Gets out of the car tells me why he stopped me. "The way he talk was Traffic Stop Guidelines 101"

He then asked me what my "legal justification was for speeding". I never heard any officer ask anyone that.

I felt he could write any other joe 8 mph over. I looked at him when he came back with the goody. I Said no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation. I all most told Him 1 day I will say that to you.

Something tells me his gonna write the chief one day. Tell him the same.

What would have done if you were the officer writing or me.
    The clue to your profession is in the line "I Said (sic) no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation. I all most (sic) told Him (sic) 1 day I will say that to you."

Do you mean one day when you are a probationary officer? Have you not made it to that stage yet?
    JG til the World Blow up

Comment

It's ignorant for one to not only expect, but then ask for PC when one isn't a Law Enforcement Officer. Then you belittle the LEO by using his rookie status against him, when he has possibly made it farther than you have in this career field. Not a great attitude for someone who want's to become a LEO in the future.

Then you come online to a majority LEO forum, and actually post this crap expecting to receive sympathy, or for others to take your side.

It's obvious you aren't an LEO, as it would of been easier to state you are, yet you avoid the question. If you are, excuse me, but then you obviously deserved that citation.

I'm not an LEO myself, but I know enough to respect one and not ask for PC. Especially if he is on probation.

P.S: Take him to court, and tell the judge he didn't extend to you PC. See how well that goes.

Comment

[QUOTE=guffyone;1600307]For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web.

SAFETY REASONS?? Are you that special? The only people this concerned about their true identity are Russian spies, and I don’t extend professional courtesy to Russian Spies!

Comment

For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web. But there is a few guys/ ladies I work with have been stopped by this PD and it's not a PD discretion issues with the PD. But it's this one very odd kid. Overreacted about his job security. I did speak with a senior officer he thinks some of the new guys are a joke.
          You my friend....are a liar, a wannabe, and/or a poser.....

There is no such thing as "safety reasons" on why you can't say where you work....unless you don't work there....

You remind me of someone saying that they were "Special Ops" in the Military.....and won't tell anyone about your training or units you had been in...... Anyone that's been in the military knows that horse crap.....

Along with anyone that is or has been in LE knows your full of crap....

Go back to your Mommy's house.....and play your wII in the basement.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            Hey Dogcop, tell me you didn't secretly wish you had a dollar for every time you heard the term "Real Police" used by a 2 year "vet" on one of those stops
            I wish that was all I heard...lol. I pulled over a female Sgt. one time who mustt have been going through a "time or period in her life" and I explained to her why I pulled her over for speeding, I won't post the speed but trust me it was quite a bit more than 8 over, on this street of road my PD typically wouldn't pull over for less than 20 over. Right away she get's attitude, and hasn't identified herself yet, I remain my usualy calm self, and calls me a "snotty pr**k". At which point I tell her I'll be back with her ticket. She yelss, "what, you're gonna write another cop?". I yell back, "what are you talking about?". She pulls out a badge and says, "I'm a Sgt.!". Well, I tell her, "Well, you're not my Sgt. now get the hell out of her before you make me do something I've never done before and thats write the ticket". She yells back, "How are you talking to me, you're new, you must be new (just to get under my skin I believe), have some respect." I tell her, "Sorry, got no respect for you since you have none for me, now get your car out of the road." She calls me a "pr**k" again I believe as I'm walking away. I yelled back "you must have been a Merit Promotion since you appear to be a clueless idiot" and get back in my car. She then flips me off out the window. Oh, the days before in-car cameras...lol.

Disclaimer: This is not being written for anyone else to add comments to. This is not a flame on my part, not a knock on CPD or anything like that. Merely relating a story that's all, I found it oddly amusing with how bent she got. So that's it on that...lol.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by MetalBeldo View Post
              If you ask for professional courtesy i'm not going to give it to you, if you inform me you are a fellow officer, i'll ask for credentials then tell you to slow down, or signal, or whatever it was you did wrong, and let you on your way. If you blow a stop sign, or a red light I don't care who you are, you could be my mother and i'm still going to write you, that's just to dangerous for me.
              Really? You'll write mom for a stop sign or a red light....puhleese. Think about that next time YOU roll through that stop sign.

Would you write your chief for not having a complete cessation of movement? Your co-workers who are not responding to a bonafide call for service. I call B.S. if you say yes. Maybe your co-worker from the previous shift who pulls out of the station lot without stopping?

Remember what stop means and THAT my friend means complete cessation of movement. Almost 100% of drivers do not have complete cessation of movement...including cops.

Write yourself a ticket the next time you do a rolling stop whilst out driving and not responding to a bonafide call for service or emergency. I guarantee you don't completely lock your wheels 100% of the time, if you say you do, you have zero credibility.
              Last edited by SeVere; 01-18-2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Speeding lowers your vehicle's gas mpg. Just don't do it.

Also, your car's engine works less efficiently when it's cold, so the idea of speeding when it's cold to "warm it up faster" is baseless. It is just putting more stress on your engine which already is not at its peak. Thus, even lower mpg.

You'd probably save more money in gas by not speeding than you do for all the tickets you haven't had to pay by begging professional courtesy.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

At least people that come on here wanting people to think they are cops put on their profile that they are cops.......And what school is this "student" going to? I had to re-read his original post, at the beginning of this thread, three or four times over to understand it! Hey, buddy.....why don't you slow down while you drive to your explorer meetings next time! Wait! I think I figured it out! You are on ESDA!!! That would explain the TOP SECRET job title that you have.
                  Last edited by styguy531; 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Esda!!!! Lmaooooo
                    Please let me know, Thank you.
                    US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
                      Just curious are you ISP? Your profile says you are in patrol but you checked no in the Sworn Police section?

What type of Ticket would you issue? A citizens speeding ticket?
                      Not ISP, but my father and grandfather both were Florida State Troopers, and I have always liked the ISP patch, and promised them one day i'll look into transfering and become a trooper, but for now I'm in the North 'Burbs. The checked box was a mistake.

My problem with asking for PC is it just seems to me like you are trying to take advantage of the badge, and coming from a line of LEO's I personally find it disrespectful. But like I said as long as its not too dangerous, and you mention being a fellow LEO i'll offer PC.

And I would write a local speed ordinance
                      Last edited by MetalBeldo; 01-18-2009, 09:18 PM. Reason: answering other ?

Comment

[QUOTE=litteringand;1601597]
                        For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web.

SAFETY REASONS?? Are you that special? The only people this concerned about their true identity are Russian spies, and I don’t extend professional courtesy to Russian Spies!
                        Giggle...i hope you take note that your other o.com friend didn't even respond to you in this thread. Just remember who your friends are!
                        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

This post leads me to believe he's a CSO: http://forums.officer.com/showpost.p...24&postcount=5

While that is a very respectful and depending on your area, stressful, position. Asking for PC, and expecting to get it was out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                            Really? You'll write mom for a stop sign or a red light....puhleese. Think about that next time YOU roll through that stop sign.

Would you write your chief for not having a complete cessation of movement? Your co-workers who are not responding to a bonafide call for service. I call B.S. if you say yes. Maybe your co-worker from the previous shift who pulls out of the station lot without stopping?

Remember what stop means and THAT my friend means complete cessation of movement. Almost 100% of drivers do not have complete cessation of movement...including cops.

Write yourself a ticket the next time you do a rolling stop whilst out driving and not responding to a bonafide call for service or emergency. I guarantee you don't completely lock your wheels 100% of the time, if you say you do, you have zero credibility.

There's a difference between completely blowing a stop sign and a "California Stop" Sorry about the confusion, but I mean total disregard for the sign, as if it's not even there. After this one accident I saw back when I was still in High School, yes I will write anyone who completly blows the sign.

Comment

On the receiving end of many traffic stops I have never received a ticket from another officer in 12 years, and I think that you really have to be an a-hole to get one. However, if I received a ticket I would just take it and deal with it. No harm, just business right.

On the other hand you can look at things from another perspective. Many days that I drive around I see a squad with its lights on and a P.O. doing his job. Now if I see a struggle or if something does not look right I would stop and assist with no questions asked (even if the P.O. had given me a ticket earlier), I would put my life on the line (as I hope everybody else would as well) to help out. Maybe that's the reason officers give other officers breaks.
                              Last edited by 38allin; 01-19-2009, 12:37 AM.
                              For some reason whenever I watch 'COPS' I want to move to Texas.

Comment

I remember this guy who was a Ford Heights Tac Ofc who got locked up for armed robbery. While in PC, Id give him like 4-5 trays. That’s professional courtesy isn’t it? (Even though he’s a scumbag, robbing people) I’m sure there were some CO’s who gave him the tray with 1 cookie, the bread in the slop, and all his butter on the next tray….I guess each man to his own.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17912 users online. 480 members and 17432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X