Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going back thru some of your posts guffy and seeing post like the one below, im gonna say NOT A COP.

Private persons use of force

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Would a private person the owner be justified in use of force by means of detaining a person at gun point that is progress of breaking into the owner’s car or is already inside of owner’s car.

The car is parked on private property a condo parking lot. The owner of the car sees a person breaking into his car from his house window. Calls 911 and then waits a few minutes officers are not on scene yet a busy night. So the owner a private person with a legally owned handgun stays on the phone with the call taker and goes out to his car and holds offender until police arrive.

Remember this is a private condo parking lot which the owner owns a condo in.

Why take the gun with because the bad guy inside might have one too.

Yes it is dangerous but at times hard to watch someone rip your car apart and run before officers can arrive. Not the officers fault but Officers cannot be everywhere in a flash.

Would the owner be charged with any criminal offense in Crook County?

Would you do the same as the owner of his car?"

Comment

I extend PC very generously, after all I have been known to have a lead foot from time to time. I got stopped by a neighboring town not too long ago, and I make sure not to speed through there. I don't want to be known as one of the d-bags that drive like idiots in the area that i work. There are a couple of officers in another neighboring department that not only should get tickets for the way they drive, but should be arrested for reckless driving at times. However, there is an old saying; don't s*%t where you eat. You write a guy a ticket that actually deserves it today, tomorrow your in an officer needs assistance situation and guess who the closest unit is. Also, you see these guys in court and in multi-agency functions/training. So I guess the moral of the story is, some cops definitely deserve tickets but do you wanna be the guy known as the cop who cites other cops?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalBeldo View Post
        If you ask for professional courtesy i'm not going to give it to you, if you inform me you are a fellow officer, i'll ask for credentials then tell you to slow down, or signal, or whatever it was you did wrong, and let you on your way. If you blow a stop sign, or a red light I don't care who you are, you could be my mother and i'm still going to write you, that's just to dangerous for me.

Just curious are you ISP? Your profile says you are in patrol but you checked no in the Sworn Police section?

If you answered No for the first one. What type of Ticket would you issue? A citizens speeding ticket?

As far as Professional Courtesy's go. Big deal if the light is the wrong shade of green. Or if your speedometer says 54 rather then 45.

When it comes to real crimes Murder, Rape, Arson that is were that Blue uniform means D*ck.

I was pulled over by an unnamed agency(not trying to start a war) I made him notice the badge and the Lt. acted like i just killed and robbed someone. I was only doing 41mph in a 35mph.

The speed limit was just 45mph. I was in between signs. He gave me a long speech on how i can kill children playing in the street. Of course i kept my cool and gave him the yes sir's and i won't do it again.

Of course he could have issued me a ticket but instead he just gave me a speech on road safety.

Later that week i saw him at 7-11. I was getting lotto tickets and red bull. I offered to buy his coffee and snack cake. His replied i just saved you $95.00 for that speeding ticket. Let me get a sub sandwich. Lets just say that $9.50 is better then spending $95.00 any day.

Comment

guffy, stop avoiding the question: What is your job title? I'm guessing security officer.

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
          "The way he talk was Traffic Stop Guidelines 101"
          He then asked me what my "legal justification was for speeding". I never heard any officer ask anyone that.
          What does this have to do with anything? I've been a cop for almost 10 years, and 95% of my traffic stops sound the same way. "Good afternoon. I'm Officer Badgerland from ____ Police Department. The reason why I stopped you was ____. Do you have any reason for that? Could I see your driver license? Do you still live at ____? O.K., remain in the vehicle. I'll be back with your written warning/citation."

You've never heard any officer say legal justification? Have you ever taken any verbal judo courses? That's what they teach you to say. I used to say, "Do you have any legal justification for ____?", but now I say "Do you have any reason for ____?" It's just more personable.

What's getting lost in all of this is that the officer allegedly wrote a citation for 8 over the limit... in -17 degree weather. Yowza.
          "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
            For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web.....
            This is more evasive than Blagovich is! I'm starting to understand why the Cop wrote you, if you gave answers on the street the same why you do here I probably would write you too.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
              Hey DOLT or ROLT, CSO =COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER

CCSO WOULD BE COOK COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE

WAY TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS
              Yes, thanks that has been covered already. Great use of the caps lock key though.

Comment

I figured maybe it would help you understand

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                  I figured maybe it would help you understand
                  Yes, you're right again. Shouting is usually the best method.

Comment

You're not even a cop and you DEMAND PC? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

As a CSO, you'd be lucky to get any breaks from the PD you work for, let alone some neighboring PD.

Great attitude Guff

PS.... I nearly p*ssed myself while reading this...

"I felt he could write any other joe 8 mph over. I looked at him when he came back with the goody. I Said no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation. I all most told Him 1 day I will say that to you.

Something tells me his gonna write the chief one day. Tell him the same."

that's freakin' hilarious!

Comment

Reminds me of a stop I made years ago..............It was winter and I was working the swing shift, had my parka on because it was -40. Anyway, I stopped a car for 15 over and asked for DL and registration. While the driver (18 yoa) was thumbing through his wallet he opened to a badge and hesitated. I asked again for his DL which he handed over. As I started back to my car, he asked about Professional courtesy. I returned and asked what? He again shuffled past the badge and looked at me. I asked to see it and he was reluctant to hand it to me, but relented.

It was a badge, engraved "Junior Police" LOL Yeah, he got the ticket.
                      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                        Reminds me of a stop I made years ago..............It was winter and I was working the swing shift, had my parka on because it was -40. Anyway, I stopped a car for 15 over and asked for DL and registration. While the driver (18 yoa) was thumbing through his wallet he opened to a badge and hesitated. I asked again for his DL which he handed over. As I started back to my car, he asked about Professional courtesy. I returned and asked what? He again shuffled past the badge and looked at me. I asked to see it and he was reluctant to hand it to me, but relented.

that's hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                          Maybe he was on probation and his PD didn't issue him his REAL badge yet..

Comment

Hey Dogcop, tell me you didn't secretly wish you had a dollar for every time you heard the term "Real Police" used by a 2 year "vet" on one of those stops
                            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

check out the website copswritingcops.com and post your story.

Comment

copswritingcops.com. HOLY TOLEDO!! there is one! Down for maintenance, have to look at later
                                "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8782 users online. 254 members and 8528 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X