Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt guffyone the dude who posts about federal agencies and there carrying issues?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by skigoggles View Post
      You made inferences from his post I see.

Firemen wear uniforms, security guards wear uniforms, boy scouts wear uniforms, etc etc.
      You made a deduction that he's a deputy, when no where in his profile does it say thats what he does.

Unfortunately your posts cleared nothing up.
      I sure did, I thought he was with the Cook County Sheriff's office. I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
        I sure did, I thought he was with the Cook County Sheriff's office. I apologize.
        Holy crap! I think that is the first time I have seen anyone apologize on here!
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
          It was in the Northwest suburbs,the more senior officers in the village cut you lose for speeding in low traffic. I'm not mad at the kid but just he is the first one to pull something like that on me. I have no CQH clear all the way around. One old teenage speeding ticket. Someone just forgot to teach him professional courtesy. I know most of the officers in that village know it but this kid sure did not.
          You have been asked numerous times in this thread to explain why you deserve some professional courtesy. Are you avoiding the question?

Comment

OK, I've been sitting on the sidelines with this one, usually these things turn ugly and I just choose to avoid. For me I have always extended PC, and having worked for a town that bordered Chicago, I had a chance to see a high volume of Police Officers from a surrounding agency (I'll leave it at that ChiTownDet ) and some of them sure pushed buttons, and I bit my tongue more than one time, but never wrote a cop....but now I have to throw my 2 Pesos in because I'm rather annoyed that a poster like Guffy will come on here, throw something out into the mix, yet seem to be ducking all the questions that are asked of him. Are you a Cop, a Correctional Officer, a security guard, fireman, Daddy the Popo? What are you that you feel you deserved PC?
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
              I would use the discretion that is GIVEN to me and let the PO off....The trooper called his dept and told on him? WTF? And they fired him for it? Bigger WTF. Call me what you want but I'm not gonna jam up another PO by taking his DL away and then go to court and go against him/her...Like I said, I have discretion on who I want to give a ticket to or not...and if this guy wanted to use theirs and write him a ticket, thats his right I guess.
              There chief also will not hire anyone who has applied to more than five depts. Im kinda glad i didnt get a job there when i applied.
              Please let me know, Thank you.
              US Army 13M

Comment

For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web. But there is a few guys/ ladies I work with have been stopped by this PD and it's not a PD discretion issues with the PD. But it's this one very odd kid. Overreacted about his job security. I did speak with a senior officer he thinks some of the new guys are a joke.

Comment

Most of the new guys are all college kids with no real life exposure. Very booksmart, Good handwriting. But no classic brains.
                  Last edited by guffyone; 01-17-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Ture but I'll let his own officers do that.

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post

Sounds like you missed an opportunity to do just that

Comment

Sooooo, what's your job title Guffy?

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                        Firstly, I am not advocating for the position that professional courtesy is an absolute.

Secondly, what does being with the Cook County Sheriff's office have to do with your notion that said individual should never even expect any form of professional courtesy?

I see this thread has brought out a lot of the ignorant shortshanks from various departments. Lord knows we all have them, some more than others.

Hey DOLT or ROLT, CSO =COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER

CCSO WOULD BE COOK COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE

WAY TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

Comment

If you ask for professional courtesy i'm not going to give it to you, if you inform me you are a fellow officer, i'll ask for credentials then tell you to slow down, or signal, or whatever it was you did wrong, and let you on your way. If you blow a stop sign, or a red light I don't care who you are, you could be my mother and i'm still going to write you, that's just to dangerous for me.

Comment

He kept looking at the patch. May maybe he needs glasses. But this
                            PD had some race, traffic stop suits. So the kid was like oooo what do I do just write it to be safe.

Comment

So....still not answering the question. job title?
                              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
                                For safety reasons I can't give out employment info out on the web. But there is a few guys/ ladies I work with have been stopped by this PD and it's not a PD discretion issues with the PD. But it's this one very odd kid. Overreacted about his job security. I did speak with a senior officer he thinks some of the new guys are a joke.
                                Safety Reasons?????????????? Are you kidding me. We are asking for a job title, classification etc not what dept you work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16632 users online. 254 members and 16378 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X