300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skigoggles View Post

And yes, what professional courtesy do you feel was owed to you? All your posts just talk about where you've applied.
    Didn't read his entire post I see..

He stated he was in uniform. From what I have deduced and from his profile, it sounds like he is a Deputy Sheriff with Cook County. Which yes means he is not a sworn Police Officer, he is a sworn peace officer.

Hope this cleared it up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
      or CSO uniform?
      Firstly, I am not advocating for the position that professional courtesy is an absolute.

Secondly, what does being with the Cook County Sheriff's office have to do with your notion that said individual should never even expect any form of professional courtesy?

I see this thread has brought out a lot of the ignorant shortshanks from various departments. Lord knows we all have them, some more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
        Today on the way to work -17 with low traffic. I pushed on the speed to warm up the car heat was on blowing cold air at me new car. I see a local PD cruzer pull a u turn. Hits me with the lights I pull over to the right, stop, turn interior lights on. He runs the plates "police memorial" me in uniform. Gets out of the car tells me why he stopped me. "The way he talk was Traffic Stop Guidelines 101"

He then asked me what my "legal justification was for speeding". I never heard any officer ask anyone that.

I felt he could write any other joe 8 mph over. I looked at him when he came back with the goody. I Said no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation. I all most told Him 1 day I will say that to you.

Something tells me his gonna write the chief one day. Tell him the same.

What would have done if you were the officer writing or me.
        Ok, let me get this straight.... You belong to a forum on that is law enforcement related and this some how means you get professional courtesy? It doesn't figure with me. What courtesy was he supposed to give.

Way to go rook!
        SPSC 262

Comment

Doesn't anyone read the posts? He said he was in uniform.

Comment

Today on the way to work -17 with low traffic. I pushed on the speed to warm up the car heat was on blowing cold air at me new car.

I ain't gonna warm up any faster at 8 over.

Sounds like you feel you deserved better? Well you don't. Wonder where you are comming from with this kinda attitude. The Cop did what he felt was right, would I have done the same? Probably not, but that doesn't negate the decision of the Cop that stopped you.
            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
              Firstly, I am not advocating for the position that professional courtesy is an absolute.

Secondly, what does being with the Cook County Sheriff's office have to do with your notion that said individual should never even expect any form of professional courtesy?

I see this thread has brought out a lot of the ignorant shortshanks from various departments. Lord knows we all have them, some more than others.
              Rolt, I think he was referring to a "Community Service Officer" uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Euclid47 View Post
                Rolt, I think he was referring to a "Community Service Officer" uniform.
                Perhaps I am not as familiar with 'guffy's posts then...

I need more coffee.

Comment

Didn't read his entire post I see..
                  He stated he was in uniform. From what I have deduced and from his profile, it sounds like he is a Deputy Sheriff with Cook County.
                  Hope this cleared it up for you.
                  You made inferences from his post I see.

Firemen wear uniforms, security guards wear uniforms, boy scouts wear uniforms, etc etc.
                  You made a deduction that he's a deputy, when no where in his profile does it say thats what he does.

Unfortunately your posts cleared nothing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                    Same way MetroOff answered. Take the ticket.

Anyways one of my buddies who works for a college PD had an officer who was on his third day get pulled over by a trooper. He flashed his badge, trooper let him go. The trooper called the Dept and the kid was fired the next day for doing what he did. Is this a common thing?
                    No..He was fired for identifying himself as a Police Officer when making contact with another P/O? His Chief is somewhat of a stroke if that's the only reason he fired the kid..

Comment

Doesn't anyone read the posts? He said he was in uniform.
                      Yes remember TSA screeners are Federal Agents

Comment

It was in the Northwest suburbs,the more senior officers in the village cut you lose for speeding in low traffic. I'm not mad at the kid but just he is the first one to pull something like that on me. I have no CQH clear all the way around. One old teenage speeding ticket. Someone just forgot to teach him professional courtesy. I know most of the officers in that village know it but this kid sure did not.

Comment

So do you get stopped by them alot to know that they cut you loose for speed? You never clarified (that I saw) if you were a copper or what since your profile says no. Could you please?
                          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
                            Someone just forgot to teach him professional courtesy.
                            Errr....you wear a uniform as you are doing what for a living...??

Comment

Originally Posted by guffyone View Post
                              Someone just forgot to teach him professional courtesy.

Sounds like you missed an opportunity to do just that
                              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

I would use the discretion that is GIVEN to me and let the PO off....The trooper called his dept and told on him? WTF? And they fired him for it? Bigger WTF. Call me what you want but I'm not gonna jam up another PO by taking his DL away and then go to court and go against him/her...Like I said, I have discretion on who I want to give a ticket to or not...and if this guy wanted to use theirs and write him a ticket, thats his right I guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8490 users online. 327 members and 8163 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X