300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie showed no professional courtesy

Today on the way to work -17 with low traffic. I pushed on the speed to warm up the car heat was on blowing cold air at me new car. I see a local PD cruzer pull a u turn. Hits me with the lights I pull over to the right, stop, turn interior lights on. He runs the plates "police memorial" me in uniform. Gets out of the car tells me why he stopped me. "The way he talk was Traffic Stop Guidelines 101"

He then asked me what my "legal justification was for speeding". I never heard any officer ask anyone that.

I felt he could write any other joe 8 mph over. I looked at him when he came back with the goody. I Said no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation. I all most told Him 1 day I will say that to you.

Something tells me his gonna write the chief one day. Tell him the same.

What would have done if you were the officer writing or me.

What PD was he?
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

He did his job and you can't be mad at him for that, all you can do is respect it. It is common in my area to see PO's pull one another over even within the same dept. The law is the law. If you get PC then good if not then oh well.
      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
      Me: you really want an answer to that
      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Read your profile. Is it an old one? It doesn't say that you are a P/O. I would like to hear what town tells their probationary P/O's that they MUST write another Police Officer.

Comment

lol this was a question on my urbana test, this type of situation
          Please let me know, Thank you.
          US Army 13M

Comment

Written warning with the explanation of why. That's what I did. Unless he/she was being a dick then the yellow copy comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
              lol this was a question on my urbana test, this type of situation

How did you answer that?

Comment

So you were speeding and upset you got a ticket?
                The police memorial plates mean nothing, anyone can get them

And yes, what professional courtesy do you feel was owed to you? All your posts just talk about where you've applied.

And professional courtesy is just that, a courtesy, not a requirement.

Comment

If I were to stop another officer, no matter where from, he/she would have to be an *** to get a ticket from me. I would also not lecture or anything like that as well. There are officers on my department who would, as I'm sure there are on most departments. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, just stating my opinion and what I would do.

I'd be ****ed if I were to get a ticket, but wouldn't call up or anything. Just pay it and go on.

Stay safe, guys.

Comment

Posted on wrong thread.
                    Last edited by Tan; 01-17-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post

I Said no professional courtesy he replied I can't I'm still on probation.

You should go to court with this ticket and sit in the front row with him.

It could have been worse he could have planted drugs on you.

Comment

your profile says your a student, what courtesy are you looking for in a security guard or CSO uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
                          How did you answer that?
                          Same way MetroOff answered. Take the ticket.

Anyways one of my buddies who works for a college PD had an officer who was on his third day get pulled over by a trooper. He flashed his badge, trooper let him go. The trooper called the Dept and the kid was fired the next day for doing what he did. Is this a common thing?
                          Please let me know, Thank you.
                          US Army 13M

Comment

You state that he is a “rookie” as if to belittle him. Are you a cop ? And that Chief your talking about is the same one….that when you cut some guy a break and he crashes his car 10 mins later because hes drunk, that’s the same chief that will suspend your #$$ without pay in a heart beat.

I got pulled over by ISP dist 15 ( no comment ) did the field sobriety, refused to blow, cuffed, let go, etc. long night… ended up with 4 tickets. I consider that a break ,especially after I went to court and had the tickets dropped. The bottom line is that as a cop your job is to enforce the law, how can you ask someone else to risk their job, family, life, on your dumb #$$. Yea you might have just been speeding, but you know how to solve that problem...DONT SPEED.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                              Same way MetroOff answered. Take the ticket.

Anyways one of my buddies who works for a college PD had an officer who was on his third day get pulled over by a trooper. He flashed his badge, trooper let him go. The trooper called the Dept and the kid was fired the next day for doing what he did. Is this a common thing?
                              When I was working and on probation, I never busted out the badge for that reason alone. Was even told by the D.C. not to do it when I was hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9537 users online. 470 members and 9067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X