300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Letter

My friend tested for ISP in July (Chicago). Recieved his letter that he is in the hiring pool shortly there after. Today, he just recieved a letter from the Merit Board advising him he is no longer in the running for Trooper, and that they are removing him from the hiring pool. An automated voicemail at the Merit Board TX states that if there is a question about the oral interviews taking place, to contact a different number.

Question 1. Any one know why they would remove him from the pool without conducting a backround first?

Question 2. Any one hear if they are in fact doing backrounds. I tested myself back in July but only recieved my conformation letter stating I'm in the running. I have not heard anything about a class statring soon. Anyone w/43?

They may have deemed him ineligable due to the information obtained in his PHQ. They may have seen tickets, drug use, getting fired from jobs, or any combination of a number of things. While I'm not saying this is the case, it is quite possible. Once you submit the PHQ, you are allowing ISP to look over it, and DQ you if they feel you are not qualified. If you pass their overview, then it will go on to the background and further.

I'm sure ISPCAPT will chime in with better info as I'm just an applicant.

Dave
    Last edited by chitown2lacop; 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM. Reason: addon

Comment

Just like god, the merit board can sometime work in mysterious ways.
      "Hardcore, not so hardcore..."
      "Next six cadidiots..."
      "One sur, two sur, tree sur, five sur..."
      "I'm not your brother..."

Comment

Depends on how he scored and if there are enough applicants who scored better. If the pool of more qualified applicants is large enough for anticipated classes then DQ letters are sent to the others.
        Not everyone who is classified as qualified will have backgrounds done. Backgrounds aren't done until a class is scheduled and hiring has been approved. Once the class is scheduled then the Merit Board will send to the ISP a list of names for backgrounds. The list will be about twice or a bit more the number scheduled for the next class.
        Backgrounds have started for Class 117.
        183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
          Depends on how he scored and if there are enough applicants who scored better. If the pool of more qualified applicants is large enough for anticipated classes then DQ letters are sent to the others.
          Not everyone who is classified as qualified will have backgrounds done. Backgrounds aren't done until a class is scheduled and hiring has been approved. Once the class is scheduled then the Merit Board will send to the ISP a list of names for backgrounds. The list will be about twice or a bit more the number scheduled for the next class.
          Backgrounds have started for Class 117.

Which class is 117 going to be? Will those of us in the pool be notified by mail, phone call, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by chitown2lacop View Post
            Which class is 117 going to be? Will those of us in the pool be notified by mail, phone call, etc.?
            Both. They usually call you a couple days before you get it in the mail.
            "Hardcore, not so hardcore..."
            "Next six cadidiots..."
            "One sur, two sur, tree sur, five sur..."
            "I'm not your brother..."

Comment

I just got my letter today stating that I was continuing to backgrounds for class 117. The letter states that the call will come soon.

Needless to say it is a very good day....despite the weather!!!

Comment

What get low said. They will usually try to reach the applicant first by phone. If the applicant is no longer interested then they won't bother sending out the name for the background and they'll get another name off the list.
                Tentatively scheduled for May 2009.
                183 FBINA

Comment

ISPCAPT, what are the typical numbers of those that go to background and subsequently to the academy?

I believe I have heard that some classes start with 100+ recruits.

thanks again for all of your input regarding ISP. It has been invaluable to those of us seeking the position.

Comment

Class sizes typically are in the 50-60 numbers. The last class was larger and I think started with 105. Some of the Troops on here out of 116 could answer that. 105 people is a very large class tho and not at all typical. They graduated 86 and lost one the first week. I haven't checked since then to see if they've lost more in FTO.
                    The number of names submitted for backgrounds usually runs 2 to 3 times the number who will actually be hired. There was something like 230 backgrounds or a bit more for CC116.
                    183 FBINA

Comment

ISPCAPT, thanks for all your info. My guess is they are going to have a rather larger class than usuall due to so many Troops retiring. Has anybody heard any possibility of a Fast Track class? I think it would make sense. Saves the state money, gets Troops in their Dist. quicker, and would make me a happy SOB!!!

Comment

I think we're going to see some large classes as well. Does anyone have an idea of how many people are in the eligibility pool? Having the winter/spring test cancelled will definately give those of us already in a better chance.

I'm hoping I get moved to backgrounds. I haven't gotten a letter yet, but it looks as thought they are just going out, so we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggets View Post
                          Has anybody heard any possibility of a Fast Track class?
                          The last time I discussed Fast Track with the Academy the answer was no plans for FT. At least as far as anyone can see in the future there won't be any FT. It's not the ISP's decision whether there's a FT. That decision is made above the ISP level.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are in the eligibility pool?
                          Yes, but I'm not saying at least at this point.
                          With the number of backgrounds to be done 117 doesn't look like it will be as large as 116. It will probably be a more normal size class. That's all that's being authorized and funded at this point.
                          It takes the Legislature and the Governor's office to authorize the number of hires.
                          183 FBINA

Comment

If the next few years of academy classes go as planned (i.e. funded), ISP will try to rotate class size, regular/large/regular/large...etc. There is only so much space. Good luck to all the applicants.

Make your bi's life easier and have all your information at hand: copies of old leases, proof of employment, etc.

Stay safe, don't do anything stupid and get through the academy - I need the seniority

Comment

Post deleted
                              Last edited by Quicker11; 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17325 users online. 490 members and 16835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X