Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how old your kids are, But i attended Daniel Boone elementary in west rogers park. That was 8 years ago, but at the time it wasnt a bad school. Don't get me wrong, You would be much better off in the suburbs or something. But, its a decent school if you want to be in the city.

At least it was.

Comment

Well, the way it's looking none of this will be possible until my wife finishes school and starts working. So I guess all I can do right now, is keep my eyes and ears open until Isee what kind of wait I'm looking at. Which I'm certain won't be until at least October, once we find out whether Chicago gets the 2016 Olympics. My guess is, and correct me if I am wrong here, that one way or another, CPD will have to hire once the olympic decision is announced. If we don't get them, the money he is earmarking for future preparation efforts will be without a home, and hopefully, if he has any conscience at all, he will use some of that to get the CPD squared away quickly. If we do get them, they will still have to hire to meet an increased demand once the olympics start, but that isn't for another 8 years, so they have quite a bit of time to beef up the numbers on the street. So, my guess is that a mass hiring wouldn't happen until close to the Games. This is all out of my control, and just a guess at best, so I guess with so many unknowns, all i can do is wait until some of these variables become concrete. Thanks again for all of your help, you've been very informative. I'll be around.
      "He who makes a beast out of himself, forgoes the pain of being a man "

Comment

post deleted by user
        Last edited by sparky134; 01-12-2009, 08:03 PM. Reason: posting in new thread

Comment

they test approximately every five years for sgt and dets. they do the tests at different times from each other. generally, approximately 10% of all the officers that apply will get promoted from testing and merit(if fall under 500 on the list good chance you will be promoted). a det. an officer only needs 2 yrs of experience. while sgt. an officer needs 5 yrs on the street, not including academy time. but the city doesn't hire, they don't promote. to work gang/tac at the dist. there is no amount of time needed on the street to work those units. its all on how the d/c runs their district. home buying programs deal w/homes in bad neighborhoods. you don't want people to find out your the popo. you become a target.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky134 View Post
            So I'm guessing the home buying prog. is kind of useless unless you are batman.
            LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
            That had me rolling.

Listen, the public schools are mostly bad, but they aren't ALL bad. I went to a Chicago public elementary school and high school and I survived. Did you know that the #1 high school in the state (and one of the top schools in the country) is a Chicago Public School? Granted, your kids would have to have above average intelligence to get in (97th percentile or above), but that is a good school. There are other selected enrollment high schools that are also quite decent.

I grew up in Logan Square my whole life (14th district). A lot has changed, but when I was young there were gangs everywhere and for many years I was the only white kid around. Guess what; I turned out fine and so did all my friends from the block. I used to think that it was just a stroke of luck that none of us went down the wrong path, but years later I realized that it wasn't luck at all. We were all good kids raised in good families. Even in the worst neighborhoods, most folks are law-abiding people trying to eke out a decent life.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sparky134 View Post
              Which I'm certain won't be until at least October, once we find out whether Chicago gets the 2016 Olympics. My guess is, and correct me if I am wrong here, that one way or another, CPD will have to hire once the olympic decision is announced. If we don't get them, the money he is earmarking for future preparation efforts will be without a home, and hopefully, if he has any conscience at all, he will use some of that to get the CPD squared away quickly. If we do get them, they will still have to hire to meet an increased demand once the olympics start, but that isn't for another 8 years, so they have quite a bit of time to beef up the numbers on the street. So, my guess is that a mass hiring wouldn't happen until close to the Games.
              P.S.

I posted almost the exact same thing on another thread, but you worded it better. I don't want you to think I was copying you, I guess great minds think alike.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Thanks for the complement ChiCity. It's fine though, I was sure I wasn't the only one to have had these thoughts, no biggie.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12976 users online. 481 members and 12495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X