300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What depts. are hiring and will send you through an academy

I am looking for a department that will pay me to go through an academy.

What is a good site for Illinois PD hiring?

Originally posted by alecseborp View Post

Don't quote me on this but I THINK ISP does.
    Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
    Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

that is state patrol i take it?

Comment

Yup Illinois State Police

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/

I absolutely envy their cruisers sooooooooo much *drools*
        Last edited by shifty277; 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM. Reason: Changed the site.
        Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
        Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

We're not the state patrol. We're the State Police. Big difference
          "Hardcore, not so hardcore..."
          "Next six cadidiots..."
          "One sur, two sur, tree sur, five sur..."
          "I'm not your brother..."

Comment

Just about every PD in Ilinois that is not looking for lateral hires. Check the Blue Line...

Comment

Originally posted by get_low View Post
              We're not the state patrol. We're the State Police. Big difference
              Is that Illinois State Patrol security company still around?? I remember them having to fight in court because their patches looked almost just like the State Police, but the squad cars, LMMFAO were all different colors, when we would see them we'd call them "Rainbow" Security, there goes a blue car, there goes a red car. lol. They bought old PD cars, and old FD cars and old Taxi cabs.

Comment

What ChiTown said. Basically you really can't send yourself through an Academy in IL. without already getting hired on, you really can't "self sponsor" yourself, nor would you want to. So to be a cop in IL., it's a straight ahead process. Test, get hired on, from there you start getting paid and they send you to the Academy. Once you graduate, hit the street with an FTO and begin your career.
                www.saveavet.org

Comment

So which depts. are hiring?

Are you saying that most of them have their own academy?

Comment

So which depts. are hiring?

Are you saying that most of them have their own academy?
                    As stated above, check theblueline.com

Comment

You test, get hired & they send you to the academy {Chicago, PTI, Cook County, Triton College, etc.}. You are paid a salary to attend school. It's that simple.

Comment

In the academy - CPD Metro

...so far everyone in my class is sent from a department. no one has paid to self sponsor themself.
                        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I went to the academy with a guy who paid his own way. He was an "intern" through the training and standards board. He paid his way using money from his GI bill.
                          sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

Like ROOK08 said, "www.theblueline.com" or you can do a search through yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                              What ChiTown said. Basically you really can't send yourself through an Academy in IL. without already getting hired on, you really can't "self sponsor" yourself, nor would you want to. So to be a cop in IL., it's a straight ahead process. Test, get hired on, from there you start getting paid and they send you to the Academy. Once you graduate, hit the street with an FTO and begin your career.
                              Actually, there use 2 be a way to put urself thru an academy that was regulated by the ILETSB, but they stopped that about 3 years or so ago... u paid ur own tuition (about $2000 or more, I think). Once u went thru the 12 week academy, u had a graduation ceremony, and u earned ur certification. (Great opportunity, but as usual, someone messed it up 4 everybody, and thus cancelling the program. Of course it was blamed on lack of money.) And even when this option was available, u would still have 2 go thru the average IL law enforcement dept's. academy all over again for specific dept's. (i.e. CPD, ISP), u just didn't have 2 take the state exam because u would already b certified... this is also the case when you apply 2 most dept's. if ur already employed w/ one, and r looking to go to another dept. Laterals are almost non-existant in IL.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8299 users online. 200 members and 8099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X