300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged in slaying of Metra cop

A Cook County judge refused bail today for the 20-year-old Gary, Ind. man accused of murdering a Metra police officer in his car in Harvey more than two years ago.

Jeremy Lloyd remains in Cook County Jail after his first appearance in court this morning, where he was charged with murder and armed robbery.

Jeremy T. Lloyd (right), 20, of Gary, Ind., was charged Monday with murder and armed robbery in connection with the September 2006 death of Metra Police officer Thomas Cook.

Prosecutors said Lloyd _ whom they believe stood as a lookout _ and another man wanted Officer Thomas Cook's gun. The other suspect remains in jail awaiting trial on other charges and hasn't been charge4d in the Cook case, authorities said.

Cook, 43, a former Riverdale police officer and father of two, was fatally shot in the head Sept. 27, 2006 in his patrol car across the street from the Metra Electric Line station on Sibley Boulevard in Harvey. His service weapon also was stolen from his body, authorities said.

The shooting in the crime-plagued suburb was investigated by the South Suburban Major Crimes Task force after then-police chief requested their help.
    Last edited by ofc8269; 01-05-2009, 11:31 PM.

What they just wanted his gun? Who the hell would rob a cop?!
    Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
    Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by shifty277 View Post

Sh**heads. Hopefully these oxygen thieves get the needle.

Comment

That was my first day on patrol at my new department. The randomness of our fellow officers dying is so crazy I'll never be able to comprehend....... I'm glad they got this guy and hope he doesn't take up too much of the IL state money from the taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by shifty277 View Post
          Cowards just sneeked up on, executed Cook, then took his gun. Excellent job by Detectives on the South Suburban Major Case TF. Hopefully the other POS's involved will be charged soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11111 users online. 427 members and 10684 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X