300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calumet City

I'm currently a Police Officer in Illinois and I'm very interested in the Calumet City Police Department. I'm looking for information related to the lateral process. If there are any current Calumet City Police Officers or others that have information regarding the process, please reply either by post or pm.

All help is much appreciated!

-Your Fellow Officer

They just did a test back in March or April. They were only looking to fill 1 or 2 positions then and probably filled them.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, however I'm still looking for information from current officers. I've been informed by former calumet city officers that the department is constantly hiring laterals. I'm still trying to find out if this is true or not.
      Last edited by southchicopper; 12-29-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Cal city dont "lateral people" in. You have to have taken the test and got on the list. Someone may have told you wrong. There is a new chief at CCPD as well.

Comment

Also why are you so interested in Cal City if I may ask? VERY busy at times with ALOT of action and you can get burned out pretty fast.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they dont take laterals, but I believe they waive the 60 college credits for 3 years of full time service. Decent size burb with an "urban" feel, with a lot of stuff to do. It looks as if they are out-growing their building & with all the riff-raff moving out that way, they will probably need to increase their manpower in the near future. Good place to go if you want to stay busy.

Comment

CCPD used to waive it, so far the new chief (retired FED) said he wasnt into waving the credits now last I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD99 View Post
                Also why are you so interested in Cal City if I may ask? VERY busy at times with ALOT of action and you can get burned out pretty fast.
                I usually don't laugh out loud in front of my computer but I found your question to be humorous. Some of us enjoy working for our money and not just looking pretty in uniform. However, I did find the information I was looking for from "the horses mouth". Thank you to all that attempted to answer my question.
                Last edited by southchicopper; 12-31-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD99 View Post
                  VERY busy at times with ALOT of action and you can get burned out pretty fast.
                  When I went to the orientation, the officer in charge of patrol said that Cal City has the highest population of section 8 in the 'burbs. He said that when they tore down the public housing in Chicago, many of those residents went to Cal City and "brought the problems with them."

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                    When I went to the orientation, the officer in charge of patrol said that Cal City has the highest population of section 8 in the 'burbs. He said that when they tore down the public housing in Chicago, many of those residents went to Cal City and "brought the problems with them."
                    I doubt that very seriously.

I'd put any of the burbs listed below higher than Cal City's section 8 of public housing.....

Riverdale
                    Ford Heights
                    Chicago Heights
                    Harvey
                    Sauk Village (possibly)
                    Dolton (possibly)

I'm not condemming you, I'm just simply saying a lot of south suburbs was hit hard once the projects were torn down in the city. Cal City is a busy burb and has gotten it's share of section 8 residents, but by no means are they leading the pack.
                    Last edited by StephDakel; 12-31-2008, 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling
                    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I would say that Cal City may be higher in Sec.8 renters than the others (except maybe Chgo Hts.), because they have blocks and blocks of apartment buildings out there. They have a pretty large complex off Sibley and a whole lot of apt's on State. Many of our CHA problems did go out there. When they were leveling the buildings on State/Federal, we were going out to Cal City almost daily looking for our mutts. On a few occasions, when looking in the apts. for people, I ran into mutts that called me by a nickname I had a while back..Cleaning out the projects pretty much destroyed Cal City (in addition to the other burbs mentioned).

Comment

Originally posted by southchicopper View Post
                        I usually don't laugh out loud in front of my computer but I found your question to be humorous. Some of us enjoy working for our money and not just looking pretty in uniform. However, I did find the information I was looking for from "the horses mouth". Thank you to all that attempted to answer my question.

I never said you didnt like to work. Ive worked in a busier dept than CC is so btdt. Just wondered why you were asking about CCPD.

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                          I doubt that very seriously.

I'd put any of the burbs listed below higher than Cal City's section 8 of public housing.....

Riverdale
                          Ford Heights
                          Chicago Heights
                          Harvey
                          Sauk Village (possibly)
                          Dolton (possibly)

I'm not condemming you, I'm just simply saying a lot of south suburbs was hit hard once the projects were torn down in the city. Cal City is a busy burb and has gotten it's share of section 8 residents, but by no means are they leading the pack.

Why did you put Dolton in red. The worst one or something?

Comment

Razor I didn't put Dolton in red. You must of googled or searched the term "Dolton" - then all the words entitled "Dolton" popped up red.
                            Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I see they are testing soon. Anyone have info on if they are hiring and how many?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5672 users online. 180 members and 5492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X