300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 5th '09 - CPD Metro

I've noticed that it's quite a few of us (recruits) heading to CPD Metro on 1/5/2009 from several different agencies. First off let me say congratulations to each and every one of you who've made it to the academy. Second I'd like to say I wish everyone a successful experience in the academy. Third, if you have any questions about the academy share them in this thread.

Here's some general info I can share that I know so far about the academy.

1) POWER test is December 30th at 0800 hours. For those of you who fail the POWER test you will be given a 2nd chance to pass within 48-72 hours.

2) The academy officially starts Jan 5th 2008.

3) From 0640 till ______(someone help me out here)_____

4) Parking is limited! For you guys who've never been in the area, take it from someone who knows the area very well.......between police parking, recruit parking, 911 center parking, Whitney Young parking, and neighborhood parking.......it will be tough to find a space. My advice is either carpool, or atleast show up early enough to get a good space. Also, DONT PARK IN TOW ZONES, OR RESIDENTAL AREAS (with restrictions)......they tow and ticket often over there. You don't want to be known as "that guy."

5) The academy is 13 weeks and ends 3/27/09 (I could be wrong, but this is what I've heard).

For you guys that have been through CPD Metro if you have any advice, PLEASE SHARE.

As the weeks go on share your experiences. Once again....good luck
    Last edited by StephDakel; 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM. Reason: Oops!
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    I've noticed that it's quite a few of us (recruits) heading to CPD Metro on 1/5/2009 from several different agencies. First off let me say congratulations to each and every one of you who've made it to the academy. Second I'd like to say I wish everyone a successful experience in the academy. Third, if you have any questions about the academy share them in this thread.

Here's some general info I can share that I know so far about the academy.

1) POWER test is December 30th at 0800 hours. For those of you who fail the POWER test you will be given a 2nd chance to pass within 48-72 hours.

2) The academy officially starts Jan 5th 2008.

3) From 0640 till ______(someone help me out here)_____

4) Parking is limited! For you guys who've never been in the area, take it from someone who knows the area very well.......between police parking, recruit parking, 911 center parking, Whitney Young parking, and neighborhood parking.......it will be tough to find a space. My advice is either carpool, or atleast show up early enough to get a good space. Also, DONT PARK IN TOW ZONES, OR RESIDENTAL AREAS (with restrictions)......they tow and ticket often over there. You don't want to be known as "that guy."

5) The academy is 13 weeks and ends 3/27/09 (I could be wrong, but this is what I've heard).

For you guys that have been through CPD Metro if you have any advice, PLEASE SHARE.

As the weeks go on share your experiences. Once again....good luck
    Do as you are told.
    Say Hello Sir/Ma'am to everyone you walk pass when you start class
    Beware of "the Snelling" (you will see what i mean)
    Have fun

Comment

I wish I was going to the one in the city, their sending us to the one at college of Du page. Which is about 1.5hrs from my home , but we have the same start date and finish! GL everyone and God speed!
      sigpic
      Train hard,fight easy!
      "OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM" 2004-2005

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCopper
        Welcome to the gym after lunch. By the way ask Mr. Smith about the pink baton the Dec 2006 class gave him at graduation. Good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        He retired. I was the last class in 07...well from what I was told. But we stole it from him and he was ****SSSSED. We were planning on painting it rainbow colors.

Comment

Congrats and good luck at the academy Steph!

I did not attend Metro but heard it is a great academy with great instructors.

Which dept. are you with?

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll PM you the answer to your question.
            Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
              Thanks a lot! I'll PM you the answer to your question.
              Sounds good!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9791 users online. 359 members and 9432 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X