Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need any juice to do a ride along. That's a bunch of garbage.

Comment

I have family on CPD and they asked if i could ride along and there SGT's said absolutely not. To high risk...
      Please let me know, Thank you.
      US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
        I have family on CPD and they asked if i could ride along and there SGT's said absolutely not. To high risk...
        CPD stopped ride a longs after 911. It was a risk for terrorism and the powers that be felt it best to discontinue the program as to not give Info out on how the police respond to emergencies.

Comment

Love how everybody thinks they know everything. We just had a ride along last week in the district. Next time ask a sworn officer about how things are run on CPD.
          Last edited by SIG220; 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
            Love how everybody thinks they know everything. We just had a ride along last week in the district. Next time ask a sworn officer about how things are run on CPD.
            Sorry if the info was wrong. I got that from a LT that retired out of the 8th district. He informed me that they stopped civilian ride a longs. My Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Made1981 View Post
              Sorry if the info was wrong. I got that from a LT that retired out of the 8th district. He informed me that they stopped civilian ride a longs. My Apologies.

my info came from a Sgt in the 8th district.
              Please let me know, Thank you.
              US Army 13M

Comment

Don't be sorry for anything, I just think the rumors on these forums are just plain silly. I know everything goes through the proper channels (chain of command) for a ride along. I believe there has to be a real good reason for the ride along (school, etc, etc). Then it goes through the deputy chiefs office for approval. Once that is done, I believe operations command gets involved with supplying you a vest. I not sure about which districts are approved, which watch you can ride along on. I'll look up the G.O. on ride alongs and post later.

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
                  ... I'll look up the G.O. on ride alongs and post later.
                  That would be great! Thank you!

Comment

Let's hope CPD gives an exam this year.

Comment

Salary

Anyone know if the salary has increased for CPD? Just wondering because the website says the start salary is 43K, but I remember hearing that the FOP was negotiating a new contract and new pay... Anyone got any info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
                        Anyone know if the salary has increased for CPD? Just wondering because the website says the start salary is 43K, but I remember hearing that the FOP was negotiating a new contract and new pay... Anyone got any info on this?
                        Still negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                          Let's hope CPD gives an exam this year.
                          Lets start there. It would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                            Still negotiating.
                            How long has it been? I have heard a few years. Shame on Daley for screwing the police department.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
                              How long has it been? I have heard a few years. Shame on Daley for screwing the police department.
                              June 2007 the contract expired.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                                June 2007 the contract expired.
                                Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know if the police shortage will be brought up by the union? I mean it affects officer safety and I imagine creates more stress for the officers. I also imagine there is much more work for officers on the street since there is a shortage.

I would hope that the union would bring this up? Not only would the hirings relieve some of the burdens on the officers but it would strengthen the union with more members.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6591 users online. 332 members and 6259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X