Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submitted Cook County Sheriff app in November,,havent got a response...Have you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to soon...got a letter from CC, my written test is set up for 1/26/09

woo hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by livewire1 View Post
      applied in november
      Had Written (passed), Obstacle Course (passed) and backround check (passed). The investigator said i may get a letter in 3-6 months advising if i was certified or not (5 out of 9 people on the board must vote yes for me to advance). 11 days later I got the letter saying i passed. I now have the power test on the 6th followed by psych and poly and final interview.
      You applied last year right? Not this past November?

Comment

Oh. yes. I assumed he meant LAST november since most departments take longer than one month to give out letters, but i was wrong. Disregard my previous post.

Comment

So is there a reason that different people are testing in different months ? Is it because of how many applicants there are or do they have it split that Corrections applicants take it one month and the Deputy applicants take it another? Anyone know the answer to this? I turned in my app. in the first 50 people over at the Maywood Courthouse as I was in line early. So I wouldnt think that my app. was turned in behind that many people.

Comment

Originally posted by lscislo View Post
            So is there a reason that different people are testing in different months ? Is it because of how many applicants there are or do they have it split that Corrections applicants take it one month and the Deputy applicants take it another? Anyone know the answer to this? I turned in my app. in the first 50 people over at the Maywood Courthouse as I was in line early. So I wouldnt think that my app. was turned in behind that many people.
            I don't know the answer to your question, but I did notice that the applications seemed to be in numerical order since there was some kind of serial number on them. Maybe they go of that...

Comment

Since there's new testing requirements...Does anyone know if the written test is still the same. I have the "National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory study guide from IO Solutions and I'm wondering if its still the same for the up coming written test in February?

On my notification letter for the written test it says they will be having a pre-test preparation session and that they will be handing out a free study guide for the written test, so I'm wondering if its the same one as years past.

Comment

I originally applied in '06, written test in July of '07, physical Sept '07, passed everything and didn't get Cert letter until March '08. In June, I was supposed to have a second physical but arrived 6 minutes late (beyond my control). They would not allow me to test. Does anyone know if they will re-schedule me within the two years? I did send a letter of explaination to the personnel director. I am just wondering if I wasted almost three years... any thoughts?

Comment

Contact the Merit Board at (312) 603-0170.

Comment

All I can tell you is, when Sheehan was Sheriff there were probably like 300 C.O.’s for maybe 40 Court Deps. graduating. Me and another guy both applied at the same time same place. I chose the jail, he took courts. I already had a year on when I seen him in the academy for the courts. ( He had some minor pull too ) So the process is a lot faster for the jail because of higher turn over (people leaving and retiring). Odds are once they have exhausted the list for the jail, they will start calling everyone who has been waiting on the list for courts and ask them if they want to switch. If that happens, I suggest take it. It took me almost exactly one year to get hired. Half of my class waited almost 2 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12129 users online. 440 members and 11689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X