Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submitted Cook County Sheriff app in November,,havent got a response...Have you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted Cook County Sheriff app in November,,havent got a response...Have you?

Just looking for a status...thanx

For Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff? I applied for Deputy and havent heard anything back yet either.

Comment

I think the average wait time between app and test is 4-6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
        I think the average wait time between app and test is 4-6 months.
        wow, i know some departments that test and hire within that time frame.

i guess patience is a virtue when dealing with the county. good luck!
        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I heard a written test would be given in january or febuary, but thats just hearsay. Maybe there holding off on testing because of all the bad pub they recived when some of the co's were protecting drug dealers in harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post

If you think that's long, read about the CPD process!

Comment

It took me four and a half years and two application processes to get hired as a Deputy AND I HAD CLOUT. I was about a week away from having the merit board switch me to the DOC.

Court Services hasn't hired a class since 2005 I think. My advice to you is this: call the merit board 312-603-0170 and have them switch you over to a Corrections applicant if you want to get hired by the county anytime soon. It's not exactly a glamorous job but if you ask the guys that post on this site I'm sure they'll tell you that it's not a bad gig as long as you go into it with the right expectations and you aren't a puss or a rat.

If it's a police job you want then avoid Cook County all together if you want to save your sanity. They make you jump through too many hoops (political etc) to get to CCSPD. Finish your 60 hours or associates degree and if you are under 35 apply for any suburb that will take you (except Harvey, Robbins, Dixmoor, Ford Heights etc). That will get your foot in the door setting you up for a lateral transfer down the line.

Good luck.
              Last edited by SippinWhiskey; 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GORTIZ View Post
                Just looking for a status...thanx
                Many people wait an average of almost two years. Do know that your expectations are too high on a response time.

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post

It's a virtue I don't have, I'd rather be on the streets anyway

Comment

Actually I picked up an app. in Nov. as well. It's weird that you asked this question because I received a letter yesterday from them stating I'm scheduled for a written in mid March. Don't remember the exact date as I don't have it in front of me.

Comment

I submitted a Cook County app two years ago november. I didn't get a notification to take the written until about 11 months later. Get this--I didn't go because I figured they were moving so slow that CPD would pick me up first! LOL! Hindsight is 20/20. A very very stupid mistake in retrospect. Nothing moves fast with Chicago/Cook County. I wish I could go back in time three years and aggressively apply for suburban positions instead of waiting like an idiot for CPD.

Comment

I received a notice on sat, saying that the test was going to be held in feb 09. I checked the corrections, I was told by a friend that would be the best way to get my food in the door.

Comment

I also received my test notice this past Saturday. I'm scheduled to take the written test on Feb 09' 09.

Comment

Maybe mine says for March because I checked Deputy Sheriff instead of corrections ? Or maybe because you guys turned yours in faster thats why you are scheduled before me ?

Comment

applied in november
                              Had Written (passed), Obstacle Course (passed) and backround check (passed). The investigator said i may get a letter in 3-6 months advising if i was certified or not (5 out of 9 people on the board must vote yes for me to advance). 11 days later I got the letter saying i passed. I now have the power test on the 6th followed by psych and poly and final interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7362 users online. 322 members and 7040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X