Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofc8269
    replied
    A close friend of mine worked for Skokie, then was given the option to resign or be terminated after his FTO period, I also met a guy who had the same thing happen to him in Northlake. Now of course they both said they didn’t do anything wrong and though I probably will never know the truth, I do know that it is next to impossible to get hired anywhere else once that happens. Its funny that these are the two same Departments that were inquired about. Not being able to fit in at a Department, can ruin your career.

Leave a comment:

• blk98gt
    replied
    Originally posted by latindawg View Post
    would that by any chance be the village of Stone Park. I used to live in Bellwood and I dont remember a time I drove down Manheim road and did not see someone getting a ticket. I knew to drive 5 miles under the speed limit in that town!
    hehe I'd be scared to speed through Stone Park even if I had a squad car
    Anyone else applying for Northlake?

Leave a comment:

• mjw5678
    replied
    "They are testing so often because they have a hard time building a good applicant pool with their slightly higher standards and contract agreement req. new hires to stay on for (I believe) a min. of 2 years"

Villages that make you sign contracts have them because of high turnover, and Northlake has very high turnover. They have had their fair share of internal problems.

Leave a comment:

• HapkidoKa
    replied
    If you take into consideration the size of the village and dept I guess you can say "a lot" but many people think it's still the old SP and it's not.

Leave a comment:

• MorseAve1134
    replied
    I thought SP had a lot of action?

Leave a comment:

• HapkidoKa
    replied
    Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
    It was me who said there was a dept. not to far from Northlake who asked their officers for ten a night. I'd rather not name the dept for obvious reasons but it isn't Stone Park.
    Understood. For the record SP does average more than 10 a night! lol

Leave a comment:

• TOPPED_OUT
    replied
    Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
    Stone Park. I have never heard of the 10 a night thing will you please reveal your source of info? Service calls in in the village are very low almost non-existent.

It was me who said there was a dept. not to far from Northlake who asked their officers for ten a night. I'd rather not name the dept for obvious reasons but it isn't Stone Park.

Leave a comment:

• Edge06128
    replied
    does anyone know how many these 2 depts are hiring

Leave a comment:

• HapkidoKa
    replied
    Originally posted by SeVere View Post
    10 tickets a shift means that they don't get too many calls for service.
    Stone Park. I have never heard of the 10 a night thing will you please reveal your source of info? Service calls in in the village are very low almost non-existent.
    Last edited by HapkidoKa; 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HapkidoKa
    replied
    NL does not have any "written" policy on citations and as far as I know that is illegal. They may have some type of policy thats simply understood but compared to the other PD's in the area you are least likely to be pulled over by NL unless you are flying down 64 at 2 in the morning. A few of the mayors in this area instruct their officers to show no leniency from time to time and they will not.

They are testing so often because they have a hard time building a good applicant pool with their slightly higher standards and contract agreement req. new hires to stay on for (I believe) a min. of 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• TOPPED_OUT
    replied
    Originally posted by SeVere View Post
    Correct...the town I'm referring to (not Northlake) does not get many calls for service far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
    There is a town not too far from Northlake that asks their officers to write 10 a shift. Yes, you read that correctly....T E N tickets (not state...compliance).

Leave a comment:

• TOPPED_OUT
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    Topped Out...not really interested in going back and forth with you. I never stated anything I said wasn't just my opinion. No, I'm not stating a "resume", I was stating my experience. And yes, there is a big difference between experience that a full timer and a part timer sees, but that really doesn't matter to this discussion anyway. Basically I'm not going to get into a ****ing match with you with an off topic discussion anyway.
    Fair enough bro. We've both got our opinions so let's just leave it at that.

Stay safe out there.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Topped Out...not really interested in going back and forth with you. I never stated anything I said wasn't just my opinion. No, I'm not stating a "resume", I was stating my experience. And yes, there is a big difference between experience that a full timer and a part timer sees, but that really doesn't matter to this discussion anyway. Basically I'm not going to get into a ****ing match with you with an off topic discussion anyway.

Leave a comment:

• latindawg
    replied
    would that by any chance be the village of Stone Park. I used to live in Bellwood and I dont remember a time I drove down Manheim road and did not see someone getting a ticket. I knew to drive 5 miles under the speed limit in that town!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9718 users online. 211 members and 9507 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X