300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skokie & Northlake

Wow I'm pretty sure this is Northlakes 3rd test in about one and a half years and Skokies 2nd or 3rd in the same amount of time.

whats the deal with them i want to apply for them but i want the background first
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Comment

Northlake Police has a funny chief

http://copssoundoff.blogspot.com/sea...bel/Northlake%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm-d3Z2otjM

Comment

Northlake Has Alot Of Turnover And Alot Of Problems From What I Have Heard For Alot Of Officers Who Have Left For Other Pd's. Went To The Academy With A Few From Skokie Havent Talked To Them Since.

Comment

I recently graduated with 5 northlakes cops and graduated with 3 skokie cops

From what I've heard both places are on par with every other dept. out there, some of the downfalls with Northlake are they have a huge quota to hit. They have to write 40 tickets a month which is a ton, especially if you're not a traffic car.

I haven't heard to much about Skokie except they write paper on every call. Verbal domestics/false burlgar alarms, which is ridiculous.

Comment

thats a no-go

sorry but i think northlake is just trying to make some cash as their fee is 50 dollars to fill out an application, also they will try to find any reason to then void the app after getting the fifty bucks, i filled an app out after getting out of the army, put my cell number on there with my address, a week later had to change my number, got a letter a few weeks later telling me the app was void because the number on app was not working, total bs if u ask me

Comment

i got a buddy in northlake pd, they look for top notch officers and they fail a majority of their applicants in the oral. Got to be squeaky clean to be a northlake officer
              “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
                I recently graduated with 5 northlakes cops and graduated with 3 skokie cops

From what I've heard both places are on par with every other dept. out there, some of the downfalls with Northlake are they have a huge quota to hit. They have to write 40 tickets a month which is a ton, especially if you're not a traffic car.

I haven't heard to much about Skokie except they write paper on every call. Verbal domestics/false burlgar alarms, which is ridiculous.

40 tickets is a ton? That's only about 2 a night. Hardly a ton....

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
                  40 tickets is a ton? That's only about 2 a night. Hardly a ton....
                  now that you mention it....it's not really hard to do that although that's one of the highest quotas I've heard of.....and there shouldn't even be quotas

Comment

I thought quotas were illegal and were more of an "unwritten" understanding of how many tickets one should issue in a given beat.

Comment

I'm sorry, but 40 tickets a month is a ton if the the Department has any kind of call volume AND if you don't savor ticketing the average working man/woman. I think there was one month in my 10 years that I hit 40 in a month. In my OPINION traffic tickets are lame unless you really are looking for the badguys. I'm not going to give some working stiff a $75 fine cause he did a Hollywood stop on a stop sign unless he really deserves it, def not in these economic times. I feel traffic is a means to truly find the bad guy, dope, guns or warrants, not to just generate revenue and have "look at me" numbers. So if Northlake is at all busy, it is obscene to say 40 tickets in a month, as if writing tickets makes someone a good cop. So let's see, I could either hunt, pull 10 cars over, write no tickets cause 9 out of the 10 have a pretty good record and are good people. the 10th car I pull over, I write my one PC ticket, get the driver on a warrant, then pull out dope or a gun. OR I can sit on a stop sign, pull 10 out of 10 people over that run it and write all 10 Tickets. So Officer A has ONE ticket but got a warrant and a gun. Officer B got TEN tickets but nothing else. CLEARLY Officer B is the better Officer! On average I write 10 to 15 tickets a month, and those are usually as a result of an arrest. But that is just my style and my opinion.
                      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Northlake police reminds me of mall security in a way they have to issue a number of curtsey warnings on vehicles. That are parked and have any items of value displayed etc cell phone, gps unit. Most are parked on private property. Plus your minimum 2 tickets with 1 written warning and 1 arrest. Some speeders dont a DL the easy one. So yes it keeps the officers busy but its like all the officers are traffic cops. The word is if you dont get 2 tickets on your shift you will get B.S busy or not arrest what not you will have to make up on your next day. Write ups if you keep it up. So im lost is it about money or justification to keep your job. and thats not it each shift has to do bar checks. But the city just put up red light cameras so there will be cash in a flash that will require someone to be at the desk and of the street.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                          I'm sorry, but 40 tickets a month is a ton if the the Department has any kind of call volume AND if you don't savor ticketing the average working man/woman. I think there was one month in my 10 years that I hit 40 in a month. In my OPINION traffic tickets are lame unless you really are looking for the badguys. I'm not going to give some working stiff a $75 fine cause he did a Hollywood stop on a stop sign unless he really deserves it, def not in these economic times. I feel traffic is a means to truly find the bad guy, dope, guns or warrants, not to just generate revenue and have "look at me" numbers. So if Northlake is at all busy, it is obscene to say 40 tickets in a month, as if writing tickets makes someone a good cop. So let's see, I could either hunt, pull 10 cars over, write no tickets cause 9 out of the 10 have a pretty good record and are good people. the 10th car I pull over, I write my one PC ticket, get the driver on a warrant, then pull out dope or a gun. OR I can sit on a stop sign, pull 10 out of 10 people over that run it and write all 10 Tickets. So Officer A has ONE ticket but got a warrant and a gun. Officer B got TEN tickets but nothing else. CLEARLY Officer B is the better Officer! On average I write 10 to 15 tickets a month, and those are usually as a result of an arrest. But that is just my style and my opinion.
                          All departments need more cops like you.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                            I feel the same way

Comment

They should just rename Northlake PD to the Department of North Avenue Traffic Enforcement...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10022 users online. 442 members and 9580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X