Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dupage county corrections

Couple quick questions...

1. I just took the psych test for Dupage County Sheriff for corrections. How long does it typically take to find out the results whether I passed or failed?

2. If I passed the psych test, I was told I will need to go in for a medical physical. What can I expect from the physical?

Wow, good luck with physical, I know there are testing for corrections again this month. Was there a big turn out when you tested?

Comment

There were about 100 people or so that came out to test. A couple sheriffs came to my school and told us about the testing dates and handed out applications. We were also told that close to 30 would be hired.

Comment

From what I've heard the medical exam is absolutely no big deal.

And there is no POWER/physical agility test for Dupage Corrections (99.99 % sure)...

Comment

DuPage talk about how many we are hiring

We were told close to 40 will be hired. For sure no power, but when your called for patrol you need to pass the power test. Average person takes 5 - 7 years for the call to go to patrol. Medical has chest X-ray, vision exam, drug test, hearing exam and a a short visit by a doctor. Have a list of all meds you take and all supplements. Psych results take about 5 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by dso View Post
            We were told close to 40 will be hired. For sure no power, but when your called for patrol you need to pass the power test. Average person takes 5 - 7 years for the call to go to patrol. Medical has chest X-ray, vision exam, drug test, hearing exam and a a short visit by a doctor. Have a list of all meds you take and all supplements. Psych results take about 5 working days.
            Wow 40 that is alot, Is it a fact that you have to start in the jail? I know they tested for ther road earlierthis year.

Comment

Dupage County Corrections

Everyone starts in the jail. I have not heard of a patrol test being given this year. We have tested multiple times this year, but for corrections. I heard the Board is telling people that it will be 7 years before you go to patrol. Its not worth a 7 year wait when you top out in salary is 10 years. PM me if you want for details.

Comment

So, how did you do on the psych test?

Originally posted by fratboy50 View Post
                Couple quick questions...

1. I just took the psych test for Dupage County Sheriff for corrections. How long does it typically take to find out the results whether I passed or failed?

2. If I passed the psych test, I was told I will need to go in for a medical physical. What can I expect from the physical?

Comment

Im going through the same process and just finished my medical last thursday. The medical is simple and nothing to worry about. Only problem you may have is that they require 20/20. If that's not a problem don't worry about it. Basically its an eye test, hearing test, drug test, blood work, ekg, visit from the dock, he checks the strength of your muscles with resistance test, tb test that you have to come back to get the results of, then finally a chest xray.

Comment

Originally posted by dso View Post
                    DAMN... 7 YEARS??? Wow, it isn't worth it. Maybe if ur already employed w/ DuPage, and don't plan on going anywhere else. But u actually have a better chance of getting on Sheriff's Police of Cook County (minus the politics, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
                      DAMN... 7 YEARS??? Wow, it isn't worth it. Maybe if ur already employed w/ DuPage, and don't plan on going anywhere else. But u actually have a better chance of getting on Sheriff's Police of Cook County (minus the politics, of course).
                      No you don't. If the average person makes it to patrol in 7 years than the average person has a 100% better average of making it to patrol than making it to the Sheriff's Police.

In Cook County almost every person who wants to go to the Sheriff's Police does not EVER get the chance and would be able to retire out of the courts or corrections without seeing it happen.

I would much rather take my chances in DuPage. At least it looks like if you wait your turn you're in there. You would be waiting an awful long time for a chance like that with CCSPD.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                        No you don't. If the average person makes it to patrol in 7 years than the average person has a 100% better average of making it to patrol than making it to the Sheriff's Police.

In Cook County almost every person who wants to go to the Sheriff's Police does not EVER get the chance and would be able to retire out of the courts or corrections without seeing it happen.

I would much rather take my chances in DuPage. At least it looks like if you wait your turn you're in there. You would be waiting an awful long time for a chance like that with CCSPD.
                        Well, I did say MINUS the politics...lol

Comment

dupage county corrections

There is a list by when you asked to go to patrol. They work there way down the list an average of 5 people a year or one for every academy at COD.

Comment

Wow that really sucks. I always wanted to work for Dupage Sheriff b/c my grandpa worked there for 30 years but i've never wanted to work corrections.

Comment

Are Dupage county corrections officer certified peace officer like in cook county? do they have similar authority to carry off duty and to make arrests?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9511 users online. 450 members and 9061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X