300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Park Police Department

Stone Park Police Auxiliary unit are these Auxiliary Officers Armed and used on day to day operations? Any Pros or Cons of working for them ?

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
    Stone Park Police Auxiliary unit are these Auxiliary Officers Armed and used on day to day operations? Any Pros or Cons of working for them ?
    I live in SP and no they are not armed. I don't believe any Auxiliary dept is armed. For the most part the Auxiiary is used to direct traffic and to perform minor duties that takes time away from patrol. The benefit to being auxiliary is that the dept get's to know you and it's sort of like an intermship.
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Stone Park Auxiliary Officers (Public Safety Officers) most certainly ARE armed.

HapkidoKA: If you've seen a Stone Park Public Safety Officer who wasn't armed, it's because they haven't been to the 40hr firearms class YET.

Great group of guys....you will be utilized for parade duties and village events but also to perform "extra watches" throughout the town, bike patrol during the summer, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
        I live in SP and no they are not armed. I don't believe any Auxiliary dept is armed. For the most part the Auxiiary is used to direct traffic and to perform minor duties that takes time away from patrol. The benefit to being auxiliary is that the dept get's to know you and it's sort of like an intermship.
        The Auxiliary Officers in our dept. are armed (as long as they've completed the 40 hr mandatory firearm course).

The law changed a couple of years ago on auxiliary officers in illinois though, really curtailing what they can do - i don't believe they even have conservator of the peace (i.e., peace officer) powers anymore and the only arrests they can make (even while on duty) are the same arrests that any private citizen can make.

I believe they also have to be under the immediate supervision of either a full-time or part-time officer while on duty. as a result, many departments are either sending their aux guys to part time academy (in which case they become pt officers and not auxiliary) or they're getting rid of their auxiliary units alltogether.

Comment

I applied there a couple months ago for a PT police position, has anybody heard from them yet?

Comment

I heard stone park pays very poorly, anyone know how much they start at?
            “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

I remember Stone Park testing around 2000 and their starting pay was $16,000 a year. That was unbeleievable for a suburban Chicago PD, working as a contract guard payed better. I hope it has gone up dtamatically since then.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                I remember Stone Park testing around 2000 and their starting pay was $16,000 a year.
                Holy ****.

Comment

I remember sometime after 2000, probably a year or two after i saw an announcement for them and it was at $29,000 ..... which is still shocking.

Comment

The pay still sucks. PT pay is almost an insult and FT pay is really low- they have more reason to complain than NYPD! I do salute those guys though because they do their jobs 100% and don't care about the money. This town has a lot of really good honest people.
                    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                    Me: you really want an answer to that
                    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      I remember Stone Park testing around 2000 and their starting pay was $16,000 a year.
                      *clicks out the thread*
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Do they accept non-certified guys for part-time and do you have to know someone to get hired?

Comment

Yes, you have to know someone, therefore they do not hire non certified people. They send their own!

Comment

Starting salary is mid 30s, which is ridiculous because they require at least 30 college credits.. They were accepting apps back in September or August , they only posted the opening to monster.com.... I forgot that i even applied for them until 2 weeks ago when i got a certified letter from them to take their written test. They gave a list of 10 different days to come take the test which they did through Public Safety Recruitment in Westchester. There was only one other guy scheduled to take the test the same day as me and he was a no-show.. Fingers crossed to get my foot in the door!!

Comment

An old Blueline ad ..

http://www.theblueline.com/feature/ILstonepark.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5173 users online. 198 members and 4975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X