Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get the letter from crest hill?

I applied few months back and just got the letter the other day for the test on nov. 22. Anyone else testing?
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

or does anyone have any info on this dept?
    US Army 13M

Comment

I know a couple of guys that work there or have worked there, its seems like a good dept. You can get a lot of action since you get a lot of the garbage from Lockport and Joliet moving through town. Also, there are a couple of shady bars that will get a decent amout of disturbances.
      It seems as though some guys use Crest Hill as a stepping stone for larger depts. i.e. Joliet, Bolingbrook etc. Overall you may as weel call it Joliet north. The guys on the dept. also seem pretty happy there.

Comment

I know a couple of guys that work there or have worked there, its seems like a good dept. You can get a lot of action since you get a lot of the garbage from Lockport and Joliet moving through town. Also, there are a couple of shady bars that will get a decent amout of disturbances.
        It seems as though some guys use Crest Hill as a stepping stone for larger depts. i.e. Joliet, Bolingbrook etc. Overall you may as well call it Joliet north. The guys on the dept. also seem pretty happy there.

Comment

thanks for the info
          US Army 13M

Comment

i have an interview next saturday with crest hill anyone else take the test and pass?
            US Army 13M

Comment

I was supposed to take the test, but my state certification test was the same day for the part-time academy, and I was unable to reschedule it =(. I know a guy on the department, and he LOVES it! It seems like they get a lot of good action here, as there are not only a couple shady spots and garbage from Joliet and Lockport, but there are a few bad neighborhoods that the Joliet coppers do not even like assisting with! My cousin's boyfriend took the test, and he passed as well. I heard that something in the neighborhood of 25 to 30% of the testers actually passed. The officer I know often refers to Joliet as a mini Chicago, and Crest Hill as a mini Joliet!

Comment

there was 100 or so people at the test so roughy 30-40 are interviewing and there only taking 2 hmmmm

does anyone know whats up with the police chief thing. I heard the current chief is a temp chief and they havent appointed a permanent one as of yet? Does that mean they have to wait to hire until they get a permanent chief
                US Army 13M

Comment

They have a lieutenant who is acting chief and have not appointed an actual chief, I don't know if they will wait for that to hire or not.

Comment

well i didnt blow my interview (if you read my post under ask a cop) but i placed super high on the list #60 i look at it, atleast i made the cut now i just play the waiting game with them...
                    US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                      atleast i made the cut now i just play the waiting game with them...
                      Crest Hill is only about a 20 man PD...You may have to wait for the whole PD to be replaced a few times..

Comment

yup they only went through half the list last year so we will see if anything comes from this which i dont think it will
                        US Army 13M

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6293 users online. 228 members and 6065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X