300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 7 says, "NO NEW PO's"

The news at 4pm on channel 7 reports that because of the city's financial problems the CPD will not be replacing the many retired and fired officers. Also, it was stated that the dept. is only down by 200 po's for now and will be down by 400 next year. It was said that they are still waiting for the approval from city hall to hire new recruits. So when will they ever get to us, or will they?

^ I dunno why they would be sending out applications when they cannot even get through the people that tested over two years ago. From watching all of the people on here who are in the process agonize over that department, and the B.S. politics that goes on there....I would look elsewhere if you want to get into LE within a reasonable time frame. Just my two cents though.

Comment

I can't imagine applying for a job and 2 years later still not getting hired. Very sad. The economy is so screwed right now. I was planning on getting out of the military and moving back home to Chicago and applying for CPD. I think now I might stay in Alaska, build a cabin in the middle of nowhere, hunt moose and caribou, and homeschool my kids.

Comment

I wish I got channel 7 news here. That's seriously bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
          I wish I got channel 7 news here. That's seriously bad news.

MPDC you in DC? are you originally from Chicago. If so , hit me up, I am in Quantico, lets see about a ride along, I work for CCDOC.

Comment

They say the goal level is about 13,000, and that the real level is about 11,000, but the computer says the number of checks cut is less than 10,000.

Comment

Stationed at Quantico huh? I always go there to get my haircut done at the main PX. There is this one asian lady who knows how to cut a high reg really well!

Comment

The 13,000 is supposed to include all sworn personnel: commanders, captains, Lt, sgts, PO's ect...9,000 or so is what the "city" claims is the amount of PO's in the patrol division. There was a small article in the suntimes a while back that stated how they lost around 300 to retirements alone, but also at any given time there is roughly 700 to 1,000 people on the medical or light duty. So from those numbers alone the CPD is really down around 1,300 or so.

If the media keeps the pressure on about a manpower shortage look for Daley to cave in and look for mass hiring.

Comment

Also look to see what a joke this hiring process has become, check out this article and how LAPD has hired a 171 recruits since JULY 1, 2008

LAPD hires 181 since July 1

From wire reports
                  Article Last Updated: 09/10/2008 07:20:52 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Police Department has hired 181 officers since July 1 -- about a quarter of the department's goal for the year, the Police Commission was told Tuesday.

The LAPD expects to hire 780 officers by June 30, 2009, which is the end of the fiscal year, said Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell.

The department hired 730 officers in fiscal year 2006-07 and 739 in 2007- 08 -- the most since 1995-96, when 965 officers joined the force.

About 19 percent of the sworn officers are women. The racial breakdown of the LAPD is currently 40 percent Latino; 38 percent white; 12 percent African-American; 6.7 percent Asian; 2 percent Filipino; and less than 1 percent Native American.

"Looking at that breakdown, we've come a long way over the years," McDonnell said.

Crime rates continue to drop in the city of Los Angeles, he said.

Compared to this time last year, homicides are down 11.1 percent; rapes are down 5.6 percent; robberies are down 3.9 percent; and aggravated assaults are down 6.4 percent. Overall violent crime has decreased 5.6 percent.

Property crimes are down 5 percent. Specifically, burglaries have dropped 5.2 percent; grand theft auto is down 7 percent; theft from vehicles is down 5.4 percent; and personal theft is down 2.7 percent.

Comment

hmmmmmm... LAPD starting to look better and better..

Comment

Originally posted by ESCMarine View Post
                      MPDC you in DC? are you originally from Chicago. If so , hit me up, I am in Quantico, lets see about a ride along, I work for CCDOC.
                      Yes, I am orginally from Chicago. I live in the D.C. now.

I sent you a P.M.

Comment

This is nothing new. Hiring freezes have been happening time and time again. In fact, the guy I worked with last night waited over 4 years to get on after taking the written exam in 91. If you want quick and easy, you may want to go elsewhere. The fact is there is a lot that goes on with hiring personnel for a department this big in a city with large financial burdens (but watch them conduct mass hirings if the Olympic committee questions manpower), but it is worth the wait if you decide to persevere.

Comment

Secondcitycop.blogspot has an interesting article about this. It seems that a lot of police are unhappy with this and there is a lack of cops according to them. I don't know the truth of the situation but I am also interested in getting onto the CPD but have been waiting for a testing date. Unfortunately for me I was not able to make the last testing date so I guess I will have to wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6137 users online. 335 members and 5802 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X