300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook county giving out apps...When?

I read somewhere on this site that Cook County Correction will be giving out applications in the near future. Any thruth to this? Anyone have any more info.?

Originally posted by workingonit View Post
    I read somewhere on this site that Cook County Correction will be giving out applications in the near future. Any thruth to this? Anyone have any more info.?
    It is almost always in November around the 4th.

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/employment/index.html

Check the above link. They will update it right before they hand out the app. They usually take out an ad in the paper to.

Comment

I seem to remember it's the first Saturday in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Made1981 View Post
        It is almost always in November around the 4th.

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/employment/index.html

Check the above link. They will update it right before they hand out the app. They usually take out an ad in the paper to.
        It might not be updated untill the day after they hand out applications.
        Kinda like the information we get at roll call.
        If you don't find the info, chances are that it will be November 1st.
        Last edited by blk98gt; 09-23-2008, 12:11 AM.
        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Its been updated. How long does the hiring process usually take with them? I hear its reletively quick.

Comment

I believe I took the written in May. And my backround investigator started the investigation TODAY. My room mate says the longest waiting period is now over. he is CCDOC. So its a lot quicker than cpd!

Comment

Originally posted by livewire1 View Post
              I believe I took the written in May. And my backround investigator started the investigation TODAY. My room mate says the longest waiting period is now over. he is CCDOC. So its a lot quicker than cpd!
              Are you sure on the date? I took the written last Jan I believe. Have they had another since? I failed because it was my first test but not I got a ton of experience and will pass no prob.

Comment

Your roomate is wrong. After your background investigation is complete and you get certified there's additional testing that needs to be done, power test, poly test, and phych test. That's only if you got juice to get called up for further testing. I was certified back in Sep 06 and never got the call, I tried pretty much everything that I could to get called up... My certification expires tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by workingonit View Post
                  Are you sure on the date? I took the written last Jan I believe. Have they had another since? I failed because it was my first test but not I got a ton of experience and will pass no prob.
                  Not everyone takes the written test on the same day.

Comment

I was certified in January of 2007, which means my time is running out. I guess I will be waiting in line again in November.

Comment

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but there has been so much money wasted on overtime and staff shortage that they might finally start hiring. Usually most of my post on the weekends are people working overtime from other shifts.
                      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Art25 View Post
                        Your roomate is wrong. After your background investigation is complete and you get certified there's additional testing that needs to be done, power test, poly test, and phych test. That's only if you got juice to get called up for further testing. I was certified back in Sep 06 and never got the call, I tried pretty much everything that I could to get called up... My certification expires tomorrow.

from date of application to first day of the academy it took him 8 months.

Comment

from date of application to first day of the academy it took him 8 months.
                          That's how it used to be, but now with the new testing requirements after you get certified it's taking longer. If you have juice maybe it will be the same for you...

Comment

Originally posted by recruitwill View Post
                            I was certified in January of 2007, which means my time is running out. I guess I will be waiting in line again in November.
                            Have you done any of the new testing requirements? If so I think you might be okay... I don't know maybe ask Rolt.

Comment

I have not completed any of the new testing requirements. I have a friend who was certified in July of 2008 and has already been contacted for further testing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7956 users online. 347 members and 7609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X