300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part time friendly?

Does anybody know if there are any agencies looking to hire part-timers right now? I'm currently employed full-time, I'm looking to pick up something on my off days & pull a double shift once or twice a week.

RJSPPO what's wrong, not enough overtime?
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Maywood is always looking for help
      “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

South Barrington is hiring Part time. Talked to a PO yesterday. They have A LOT of openings and only hire certified.

Comment

Stone Park if you want to get shot at for $11 an hour. It's on theblueline.
          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Originally posted by livewire1 View Post
            South Barrington is hiring Part time. Talked to a PO yesterday. They have A LOT of openings and only hire certified.
            I wonder what policing in South Barrington would be like? Do they see any riff raff from Elgin at all or is it mostly my $3,000 cat is stuck in my $20,000 tree??

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
              I wonder what policing in South Barrington would be like? Do they see any riff raff from Elgin at all or is it mostly my $3,000 cat is stuck in my $20,000 tree??

I couldnt give factual information. I got my info from an officer that was patrolling where I was doing a security detail. I dont have any other info on SBPD

Comment

Sbpd

Besides all the usual residential stuff (alcohol affects the wealthy the same way the not-so-wealthy) they have the AMC Theatre which definitely brings in Chicago and Elgin riff-raff. They are also expanding businesses with bars, but in general not bad. Great people to work with. Decent pay and facilities (both of which have gotten better since I left). OT available thanks to Allstate traffic detail.

On a side note - many departments are moving to 1 badge only. So it really only opens it up to recently retired / resigned offficers (Im pretty sure Elmhurst did this on the PT side, and Dupage Forest on the FT side)

Comment

It depends on what area you are in. I know that alot of smaller departments in Lake and McHenry County have part timers from when I worked that way. Svereal departments in DeKalb and Kane county have part time as well. I would say look at smaller departments close to you and it probably won't be hard to find something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12762 users online. 480 members and 12282 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X