• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Department of Corrections VS. Illinois State Police

Illinois Department of Corrections VS. Illinois State Police

Why do these departments not get along?

post ur info guys.
    Last edited by Future Shield; 05-08-2013, 02:11 AM.
    “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

don't play too much into this bro they are who they are and we are who we are as an agency and individuals- drop this unless an ISP officer does something to you personally because it isn't going to go anywhere good
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

pm me next time
      Last edited by Future Shield; 05-08-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Its a question is all
        Last edited by Future Shield; 05-08-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I know you are really curious and your intentions but thats because I know you personally others won't understand that and this is a topic that I've seen turn ugly on the boards.

I have never heard of any real beef between the two agencies- the incident at the dorms was random and called for but other than that I don't know of any beef.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

sounds good.
            Last edited by Future Shield; 05-08-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

If there's a beef anywhere it's between 2 individuals and not the 2 agencies. The ISP and IDOC have always worked very well, and very closely, together.
              A lot of these "beefs" that get reported aren't between agencies but are between individuals who try to bolster support for their side by elevating their stories to make it sound like it's between the agencies. It's not.
              I worked very closely with IDOC during my career. When I retired I had 5 IDOC prisons and their HQ in my district. The IDOC command were always very helpful and professional. Several years ago I commanded a unit that targeted IDOC corrupt COs who were bringing contraband into the institutions. We arrested a lot of COs over the years. But there wasn't a beef between ISP and IDOC over any of that as we were working closely with IDOC Internal and command in the unit. They brought us most of the cases. However, if you heard the individual COs talk then you would have thought the ISP hated IDOC because we were arresting COs. That wasn't the case. IDOC command was part of our unit and we were both going after the crooked, corrupt COs. The "beef" was not against IDOC but corrupt COs and IDOC was doing all they could to rid their agency of those criminals who were wearing IDOC uniforms.
              183 FBINA

Comment

Thank you very much sir.

Teamwork all the way IDOC and ISP.

Comment

IDOC has some excellent people. I have some very good friends who are with IDOC and would trust them, and have, with anything I'd do and I'd do anything for them. Great bunch of guys. Worked some high risk cases with some of them and trusted them to always have each other's back. IDOC also has some I wouldn't trust no matter what they promised. But that's no different than any other agency. They got their share of outstanding folks and their share of slugs. Just the nature of the beast.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
                    Illinois Department of Corrections VS. Illinois State Police
                    I'm just curious if you work for either of these Depts?

I believe that the other posts are correct. There is not one Dept that officially hates the other. Maybe the FBI and CIA over that 9-11 stuff

Now there might be a P*ssing match between two Depts when professional courtesy is not used.

But in the end an officer has to do his/her job and you have to respect that.

Would you get mad if you got a speeding ticket for doing 55 1/2mph in a 55mph zone?

A few months back i was out with a few officers from Chicago, Cook County, ICE, State , and Suburb depts the only fighting that occurred was Officers VS. Pitchers of beer. I think we won. Hey MJW5678 we went to get a Burrito afterwords and we where all Drunk except for our Designated Drivers(really we had two)

Be safe don't drink and drive you may spill your beer
                    Last edited by Jail Guard7160; 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to cross my t's and dot my i's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7800 users online. 190 members and 7610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X