300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDOC Training Academy

The first week is done, and it seemed a lot longer!

Day 1 - The state graciously provided us transportation to and from the academy - a bit uncomfortable, but with gas prices the way they are you can't complain too much. On arrival everyone was expecting a drill sergeant to jump on the bus and scream his head off at us military style. Although dressed like drill sergeants, the staff was professional and talked to us in a stern manner. We were asked for any contraband that we might have (things that we weren't supposed to bring) and our bags were checked by a K-9. We then got our room assignments, uniforms, and linen. Once we got everything in our rooms, we then had to make our beds and organize our rooms and foot lockers via our training manuals.

Day 2 - 4 - Complete confusion and frustration in the mornings preparing for inspections. I think that the academy staff did that on purpose to see who took it well and who didn't. People that smoke seem to have a hard time with the teamwork aspect due to the fact that they aren't allowed to smoke during school hours 8am - 4pm. They all hang together after school and just smoke constantly, then whine and complain when they have to do anything in the buildings, which is pretty much a half hearted attempt. The classes are fine.

Day 5 - Inspection, test, and a mad dash to get ready to go home for the weekend. Late bus, but that's better than staying.

Big negative: The food is horrible! It's edible, but breakfast is barely nutritious, which makes me greatful that there's no PT. You absolutely couldn't make it through classes after a good workout and then eating no protein and low carbs, which is pretty much what breakfast consist of on most mornings.
    Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Outstanding sir!
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
      Outstanding sir!
      Yeah, out standing for that late bus. LOL!

Comment

Well you know theres central, mountain, eastern, paciffic and stateville time. The 'Ville is on CPT though! lol

Comment

Academy update.

Blackjack, Good info.

The whole six weeks will be a challenge because of the various personalities of the cadets. I know that it will test my temperament because some cadets act outrageous. The staff is looking at how the cadets interact with each other, and they are also looking for the bad apples. When its all over, i know the experience will make us stronger individuals.

quick review.
          1. Food can be much much better
          2. Class is very boring but educational
          3. The beds are very uncomfortable
          4. Setting up for morning inspection is time consuming
          5. Exams were Easier then i thought they would be

Predictions
          1. Cadets/ Women will attack each other by week 3
          2. Cadets/ Men will attack each other by week 4
          3. Staff will be filling out a lot of blue cards
          4. Hand to Hand combat will Be Fun because we get to beat each other. lol
          “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

More Predictions

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
            Academy update.

Blackjack, Good info.

The whole six weeks will be a challenge because of the various personalities of the cadets. I know that it will test my temperament because some cadets act outrageous. The staff is looking at how the cadets interact with each other, and they are also looking for the bad apples. When its all over, i know the experience will make us stronger individuals.

quick review.
            1. Food can be much much better
            2. Class is very boring but educational
            3. The beds are very uncomfortable
            4. Setting up for morning inspection is time consuming
            5. Exams were Easier then i thought they would be

Predictions
            1. Cadets/ Women will attack each other by week 3
            2. Cadets/ Men will attack each other by week 4
            3. Staff will be filling out a lot of blue cards
            4. Hand to Hand combat will Be Fun because we get to beat each other. lol

5. Somebody is going to test the staff & get busted trying to make a booty call
            6. Somebody is going to get busted trying to sneak off to the McDonald's down the street or going to the bar for some smokes
            7. I hate to say it, but there's going to be someone that will barely pass the range qualification & will be our back up in the tower or on the catwalk

For the most part there are some good people, and most of us are doing our best. However, there are some bad apples that could care less about working together as a team, because they've either never been in a team environment or have failed previously at doing so. I can only hope that they wash out "if" they make it through the academy. Future, you are definitely right about the staff watching us.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackJack View Post
              5. Somebody is going to test the staff & get busted trying to make a booty call
              6. Somebody is going to get busted trying to sneak off to the McDonald's down the street or going to the bar for some smokes
              7. I hate to say it, but there's going to be someone that will barely pass the range qualification & will be our back up in the tower or on the catwalk

For the most part there are some good people, and most of us are doing our best. However, there are some bad apples that could care less about working together as a team, because they've either never been in a team environment or have failed previously at doing so. I can only hope that they wash out "if" they make it through the academy. Future, you are definitely right about the staff watching us.
              The 3 of us have different personalities, backgrounds and reasons for being at the academy but I respect each of you because we are working towards a common goal- graduating and becoming the best officers we can be. I've got your backs 100% now and on the gallery and if you guys need my help just holla I'm in the party suite. As far as those rotten apples- just avoid and ignore them for now, they are going to self destruct and I can't wait! The few of them who do make it through will be the ones who never get respected and run around with their radios falling off- God help them.

Comment

HapkidoKa and BlackJack

Lets just hope the Men make it through and the F*** ups go home.

I may be a little Big, but i could move, so be assured that ill be there when that alarm goes off.

The drop kick, flying elbow, and triangle choke will only be used when the situation demands it, and the beating must be a reasonable one.

Comment

HapkidoKa and BlackJack

Lets just hope the Men make it through and the F*** ups go home.

I may be a little Big, but i could move, so be assured that ill be there when that alarm goes off.

The drop kick, flying elbow, and triangle choke will only be used when the situation demands it, and the beating must be a reasonable one.

Gentlemen, the gym opens up this week. Let's make a good effort to keep it open. I'm assuming that in the past things have not gone well, because the staff has been saying that anything that's screwed up will be blamed on us. I know I'll be there at least 2x a week. I'd go more, but as you know there's only one washer/dryer for over 100 people. I'll be doing most of my laundry in the sink and hang drying.

Comment

I dont do laundry. I wear my gear twice a week. I wonder if can go to the gym wearing civilian clothes and not the idoc sweats.

Comment

Im done with games this week, if u guys want to run or lift, howler at me.

Comment

I dont do laundry. I wear my gear twice a week. I wonder if can go to the gym wearing civilian clothes and not the idoc sweats.
                        We are not allowed to wear civies we have to be in issued uniform- I wear my stuff 2x a week also bro and leave one get up in the locker! Get at me because I lift 4x a week and we can spot each other- plus all I'm going to do now is lift and study.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Can't wait to hear how your 2nd week was. How many cadets are in the class?

Comment

Originally posted by Waiting2years View Post
                            Thank you for the information. Can't wait to hear how your 2nd week was. How many cadets are in the class?
                            The 2nd week we went through the pains of everyone getting to know one another and getting on the same sheet of music. There are some that apparently miss their mommies (can't make a bed, wrinkled uniforms, boots/shoes are polish resistant, little effort helping to clean, etc.) and don't want to get with the program, which is keeping the gym closed. The only positive thing is that we all got split up into different platoons and learning different things. One platoon went to the range to qualify, another learned control tactics, and the other platoon learned restraints and report writing.

I find it hard to understand how we're not given the opportunity to keep in shape. If you came there in shape, about the only thing that you could do is run around the facility and do calisthetics. However with the very limited uniforms and laundry facilities, it's almost impossible. There are just a bit over 100 cadets with only one working washer and two working dryers, and one of the dryers takes forever to get the job done. I'm pretty much left with the choice of doing some calisthetics and a short run on only one day of the week, and getting the rest done on the weekends at home.

Comment

I hear you,

My week 2 was more involved with CT (Control Tactics). I wished the CT was longer, but i wont be a cry baby. All i know is if you Mount me, ill break you. lol.
                              I agree, there is cry babies, and lazy cadets up in Springfield. The food still gives me a lot off gas, and i start getting homesick by day 4, but i push hard and work through it. I actually had a good work out in control tactics this week, i was sore as hell. I was also exercising in the afternoons with some of the cadets. I look forward to the next week. howler .

1,2,3,4, dorks. lol
                              Last edited by Future Shield; 09-28-2008, 11:54 AM. Reason: edit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4682 users online. 258 members and 4424 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X