Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamshire PD

Any one testing for Hampshire?

I am not very familiar with the town, does any one have any comments?

stay away, very very very high turnover. Chief is the major cause of problems and the village will not remove him. They have gone thru about 30 people in about 3-4yrs.

Comment

Wow That Is Alot Of People.

Comment

I applied when they were hiring in january 08 but then i couldnt make it to physical test because i had to work and honestly i couldnt bench my own body weight with free weight and i asked them if it was a universal machine or free weight bar and they said it was a free weight bar. I applied again yesterday and hopefully i will get lucky. They are hiring 3 officers and i am the 195th applicant. WOW! last time i was the 2nd applicant and there were about 50 people at orientation.
        "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

Comment

Its a foot in the door, thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
            Its a foot in the door, thats about it.
            true. Do you by anychance know if there is any kind of study guide for their written test so i can prepare myself? I called and the person who answered the phone had no clue about it. He said PCI or whatever that was handling everything. I have a feeling if i can pass the written test, i would do "OK" with the rest.

also any other informations about Hempshire PD? How hard to get in that department? I mean 3 officers but about 200 applicants?, not looking good!!!
            "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

Comment

Originally posted by musclefan21 View Post
              true. Do you by anychance know if there is any kind of study guide for their written test so i can prepare myself? I called and the person who answered the phone had no clue about it. He said PCI or whatever that was handling everything. I have a feeling if i can pass the written test, i would do "OK" with the rest.

also any other informations about Hempshire PD? How hard to get in that department? I mean 3 officers but about 200 applicants?, not looking good!!!
              You'd be surprised how many rejects come out of their mother's basements to take police tests. Just go and take the test, if you do bad, no biggie, at least you gained experience for the next one.

Comment

(200 applicants for three spots looks like about the same ratio I've been seeing at all the depts I've been applying for.)

The Norridge test was administered by PCI. If they give the same test at Hampshire, then you can't really study for it.

The first section is memory. The test lady will read a few sentences describing something and then ask you a question about a detail in the story she just read. Look at the answer choices as she reads the story to give you an idea of what to pay attention to, and be prepared to answer 3 different questions on each story she reads. About 12 questions.

The second part is reading comprehension. You read stories and answer questions about them. Basic, you can't really study it. About 25 questions.

The next two parts you absolutely cannot study for, because they consist of questions asking you to describe yourself. These two parts of the test consist of about 350-400 questions. Pretty mind-numbing.

So, in conclusion, just get a good night's sleep beforehand, wake up early, eat a small breakfast, and get to the test site well before you have to. If it's the same test I took, there's nothing you can study.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/c..._HM_S1.article

Comment

I passed on this test, now that I have read the article I am glad I did.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5969 users online. 355 members and 5614 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X