300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Sheriff Academy

I start the Cook County Sheriff academy in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any experience from there? Tips, suggestion, or heads up on what to expect?

Anything would be great. Thanks in advance.

Its not corrections or courts. It is the academy at Triton College. I was hired at a municipal department and this is where they are sending me.
    Last edited by Kpin0358; 09-11-2008, 08:42 PM.

Just an FYI - we already have a one-stop thread for everything CCSO related:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96101

Comment

Sorry

Its not corrections or courts. It is the academy at Triton College. I was hired by a municipal department and this is where they are sending me.

Comment

went there in 2000, class 00-4. Instructors have changed since then, but it is a paramilitary style academy not like COD's academy. They will teach you to be the police. Enjoy it while it lasts, but you will do most of your learning on the street. Showed up with your uniform fleeced and shoes shined, keep ur gig line straight, no loose strings or fuzz.

Comment

also the above thread will not help you with the academy from what i have read on there, it seems like a bunch of key turners talking about problems in the jail and how they cant get on the road because of their lack of juice.

Comment

The Cook County academy was a great place to learn and I am glad to have gone there. Originally I absolutely hated the place but learned after a short while that it was a place that I needed to be. Definitely cleans all the snot out of your nose and teaches you a thing or two about respect. The instructors are tough on you but are great people. You'll absolutely hate them in the beginning but will grow quite fond of them before it's all over. So definitely enjoy yourself there and know right know that they don't take any s*** so don't try any! Shop up on time with the right attitude and always do your best and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
              also the above thread will not help you with the academy from what i have read on there, it seems like a bunch of key turners talking about problems in the jail and how they cant get on the road because of their lack of juice.
              Hahaha... we were just degraded again...KEY TURNERS.. GET UM someone!

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post

Key Turners?! Hey Barney Fife...we "Key Turners" know more about the criminal mind and getting things done better than your sorry excuse for a "police officer." I bet your suburban *** never seen the ghetto except when you rented Boyz in the Hood. I know alot of good cops who give us "Key Turners" the respect we deserve, because I know for a fact that if your sorry excuse for law enforcement ever had to go into the jail...you would be ****ing in your pants.

Here's something to remember, I don't wear my gun inside. I don't need to. I can eyeball the biggest dirtbag in there, nose to nose toe to toe...no gun, no baton no o.c....nada. Let's see if you can compare to what we do. Until then, go write some parking tickets, hastle some skate boarders and get caught on video beating up some bar tender, thus making it harder for "ALL" of us in blue you jerk-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boned J.G. View Post
                  Key Turners?! Hey Barney Fife...we "Key Turners" know more about the criminal mind and getting things done better than your sorry excuse for a "police officer." I bet your suburban *** never seen the ghetto except when you rented Boyz in the Hood. I know alot of good cops who give us "Key Turners" the respect we deserve, because I know for a fact that if your sorry excuse for law enforcement ever had to go into the jail...you would be ****ing in your pants.

Here's something to remember, I don't wear my gun inside. I don't need to. I can eyeball the biggest dirtbag in there, nose to nose toe to toe...no gun, no baton no o.c....nada. Let's see if you can compare to what we do. Until then, go write some parking tickets, hastle some skate boarders and get caught on video beating up some bar tender, thus making it harder for "ALL" of us in blue you jerk-off.
                  Post of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boned J.G. View Post

Take it easy big fella. We know he doesn't have a clue about jailing.But that was a nice post and nicely said.
                    Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

I thought the only academy held at Triton for municipal depts. is the Part-Time Academy which NEMRT holds. The Sheriff's Academy is for Cook County Sheriff's Police, correct?

If so, the part-time academy has already started in August and is NOT paramilitary by any standard.

Comment

No, the Cook County Sheriff's Academy at Triton has a full-time and part-time academy. I can't speak for the part-time academy but the full-time academy is paramilitary and is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.

Comment

I see...so if I'm understanding you correctly the full-time academy held by Cook County Sheriff's at Triton is for municpal depts. AND Sheriff's Police?

I do know the part-time academy is certified by ILETSB.

Comment

Yeah, it's for both. My class didn't have any Sheriff's Police recruits but a lot of other classes did. They put them both together. From what I understand, if you get hired at a municipal dept. and go through the Cook Co. Academy, then leave to take a job at the jail or something and eventually get on the road, you have to go through the same academy again!

Comment

actually the town i used to work in ,Summit, is quit ghetto, and we had to deal with drunk jail guards at the buritto places all the time, thinking they were the police and tryin to chase down gang bangers, so ur replies just go to show why ur in the jail. I went to Cook Counties academy and have all the respect in the world for the Sheriffs Police. Alot of great instructors there. Seems like u jail guys are a bunch of whiners about how u cant get on the road.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5324 users online. 282 members and 5042 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X