Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL no sir not a new guy. Just only really post when something gets me, of course im not completely ethically sound and i don't claim to be so i won't make sweeping generalizations about a while department and the officers that come out of there. I understand Harveys problems I lived and worked in IL and realize that they have MAJOR issues but to go and make a statement about all the harvey cops is absurd. Why not send a private message and help them out and give them a clue who to stay away from. We all know how hard this job was to get into I was fortunate and had military service and got hired right away but thats not always the case. Help em out and flag the problems so they can steer clear. Don't want to start an argument just upset me that one of the most stand up guys I know came from Harvey and then to read these broad generalizations about all the harvey cops whether intentional or not. I would hope that you would feel the same if it was your partner (as long as he wasnt a crooked SOB of course)

Comment

• can we all just get along?
      Last edited by StephDakel; 11-26-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• i love how people post but are not educated nor do they know anything. there facts, data etc are out dated and down right incorrect. i have been with harvey for a yr. and a half. i know more and have learned more than any others that i have graduated with from the cpd. its funny when people you graduated with call you while workig about a question instead of askin their own.our dept. is changing, the state is pumping lots of money into our dept(a new dispatch center, vehicles ,etc) as well as we 3 about to graduate from the cpd and where hiring 6 or so more. lots of towns might be run by corrupt or whatever you might say mayors, but it does not trickle down to the patrol unit. thats bull****. i trust everyone on my shift. i have never seen anything i thought was illegal.we get so much experience and contrary to what edmund the tactical p.i thinks you can go anywhere because of what you know. i myself can be in 2 other depts, but i like the challenge. working in harvey is a challenge we have it all gangs guns narcotics as well as poverty at its greatest level. in dealing with the people its even different. so dont think for one moment that this dept is terrible. when i walk in to court other officers shake my hand they know what were up against, what we put up with(one cook county deputy who runs the ,etal detector always says here comes the real police- how do you putup with it?) at the academy they call us the real police all instructors they respect us they might knock our mayor, but they never crack jokes like they do about other depts like niles and rosemont, but then again were all the police- no matter where you work the next call you take could be your last. i give all respect to all depts, no matter how big or small, crime riden or not..... but it makes me sick to my stomach about all the ill misinformed people on here who take shots at my dept. it disgusts me and makes me sick. when people start a sentence about harvey with " do they still like have the jump out boyz" no we dont you ignorant bastard that stopped many years ago. edmund i have adressed you before and im doing it again. you dont have the heart or courage to do what i do so keep giving advice on a topic and a whole dept yyou know nothing about. your pathetic and make me sick.
        you can talk about me , my spelling or take shots at me personally, but dont talk about my dept. which obviously you know nothing about ....p.s cpd does not have 13000 coppers, that number is inflated and know one really knows and you can even ask the leuatenants at the cpd and im sure not gonna take advice from a sapposed det from chicago who is on this message board more than he is solving crime

Comment

• ...that pretty much says it all.
          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• wait edmond is not a cop...?

Comment

• Originally posted by hfbjr View Post
              i have been with harvey for a yr. and a half. i know more and have learned more than any others that i have graduated with from the cpd. its funny when people you graduated with call you while workig about a question instead of askin their own.
              Do you have a year and a half on the job, or did you leave CPD? Kind of hard to tell with the rambling you have going on here. If CPD guys are calling you to find out what to do, they should quit and go to Harvey to work..

Originally posted by hfbjr View Post
              .p.s cpd does not have 13000 coppers, that number is inflated and know one really knows and you can even ask the leuatenants at the cpd and im sure not gonna take advice from a sapposed det from chicago who is on this message board more than he is solving crime
              If not 13K, then real close. Do you actually believe that no one really knows how many coppers we have?

Really don't care if you take my advice or not. Keep believing your own garbage as you're greeted by the court services deputy at Markham.

PS. Nice that you keep track of my time on this board (or have any idea what my job entails, what with a year and a half of policing under your belt).

Now get a pocket dictionary and stay safe "Mr. Ex (for whatever reason) CPD, now Harvey PD rookie (Talk about grabbing the brass ring in the Land of Broken Toys).

Not everyone there is corrupt or a gang banger on Harvey PD. There are guys that are just humping that beat car from job to job fighting the good fight, but don't for a second think that a corrupt administration doesn't trickle down to the street officers (Have personally seen the little gang handshakes among some street officers.) Did Kellog have some sort of epiphany in the last year that made him do a 180? Don't think so. Just because your not in the Southtown on a daily basis like a few years back, doesn't mean things have changed.

After attempting to make heads or tails from your post, it appears that you left CPD. Not many people take a 20K pay cut for grins and yucks. If that is the case, then you are lucky there are places like Harvey, for those that want to try a 2nd time to be the Police.

Comment

• I believe he was referring to the CPD Metro academy. Also, don't you think there are enough cop bashers out there that we can at least get along with each other? Every banger out there talks trash and files CRs, do cops need to hear it from each other too? I've seen Chicago police throw up gang signs as well, doesn't mean all of em are pieces of ****.

Comment

i love how people post but are not educated nor do they know anything. there facts, data etc are out dated and down right incorrect. i have been with harvey for a yr. and a half. i know more and have learned more than any others that i have graduated with from the cpd. its funny when people you graduated with call you while workig about a question instead of askin their own.our dept. is changing, the state is pumping lots of money into our dept(a new dispatch center, vehicles ,etc) as well as we 3 about to graduate from the cpd and where hiring 6 or so more. lots of towns might be run by corrupt or whatever you might say mayors, but it does not trickle down to the patrol unit. thats bull****. i trust everyone on my shift. i have never seen anything i thought was illegal.we get so much experience and contrary to what edmund the tactical p.i thinks you can go anywhere because of what you know. i myself can be in 2 other depts, but i like the challenge. working in harvey is a challenge we have it all gangs guns narcotics as well as poverty at its greatest level. in dealing with the people its even different. so dont think for one moment that this dept is terrible. when i walk in to court other officers shake my hand they know what were up against, what we put up with(one cook county deputy who runs the ,etal detector always says here comes the real police- how do you putup with it?) at the academy they call us the real police all instructors they respect us they might knock our mayor, but they never crack jokes like they do about other depts like niles and rosemont, but then again were all the police- no matter where you work the next call you take could be your last. i give all respect to all depts, no matter how big or small, crime riden or not..... but it makes me sick to my stomach about all the ill misinformed people on here who take shots at my dept. it disgusts me and makes me sick. when people start a sentence about harvey with " do they still like have the jump out boyz" no we dont you ignorant bastard that stopped many years ago. edmund i have adressed you before and im doing it again. you dont have the heart or courage to do what i do so keep giving advice on a topic and a whole dept yyou know nothing about. your pathetic and make me sick.
                  you can talk about me , my spelling or take shots at me personally, but dont talk about my dept. which obviously you know nothing about ....p.s cpd does not have 13000 coppers, that number is inflated and know one really knows and you can even ask the leuatenants at the cpd and im sure not gonna take advice from a sapposed det from chicago who is on this message board more than he is solving crime

WOW WHAT A RUKIE, WAIT I DONT WORK FOR HARVEY, WHAT A ROOKIE

Comment

• Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                    I've seen Chicago police throw up gang signs as well, .
                    Really?? I doubt it..

Comment

• Wow - that long "post" sure established what most of us have been talking about on this thread. RUN while you still can...

Comment

i love how people post but are not educated nor do they know anything. there facts, data etc are out dated and down right incorrect. i have been with harvey for a yr. and a half. i know more and have learned more than any others that i have graduated with from the cpd. its funny when people you graduated with call you while workig about a question instead of askin their own.our dept. is changing, the state is pumping lots of money into our dept(a new dispatch center, vehicles ,etc) as well as we 3 about to graduate from the cpd and where hiring 6 or so more. lots of towns might be run by corrupt or whatever you might say mayors, but it does not trickle down to the patrol unit. thats bull****. i trust everyone on my shift. i have never seen anything i thought was illegal.we get so much experience and contrary to what edmund the tactical p.i thinks you can go anywhere because of what you know. i myself can be in 2 other depts, but i like the challenge. working in harvey is a challenge we have it all gangs guns narcotics as well as poverty at its greatest level. in dealing with the people its even different. so dont think for one moment that this dept is terrible. when i walk in to court other officers shake my hand they know what were up against, what we put up with(one cook county deputy who runs the ,etal detector always says here comes the real police- how do you putup with it?) at the academy they call us the real police all instructors they respect us they might knock our mayor, but they never crack jokes like they do about other depts like niles and rosemont, but then again were all the police- no matter where you work the next call you take could be your last. i give all respect to all depts, no matter how big or small, crime riden or not..... but it makes me sick to my stomach about all the ill misinformed people on here who take shots at my dept. it disgusts me and makes me sick. when people start a sentence about harvey with " do they still like have the jump out boyz" no we dont you ignorant bastard that stopped many years ago. edmund i have adressed you before and im doing it again. you dont have the heart or courage to do what i do so keep giving advice on a topic and a whole dept yyou know nothing about. your pathetic and make me sick.
                        This needs to be summarized, its to darn long. lol
                        “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          Really?? I doubt it..
                          You may be a veteran detective, but you really don't know what you're talking about in regards to this subject. Only a true moron would think that the CPD doesn't have any affiliated members throughout their ranks. What department got in trouble some years back with officers in the Humboldt Park area that were hired hastily due to affirmative action and turned out to be tatted bangers that were taking sides in the hood and then got into it with rivals in the locker room? If you're going to spread bull**** around then make sure you spread it evenly. 13,000 officers and not ONE gang member in them, ****ing dumbass. I've had more than a couple officers drive by and throw up signs while I was growing up, and buddies from other neighborhoods have had the same thing. Don't be ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                            You may be a veteran detective, but you really don't know what you're talking about in regards to this subject. Only a true moron would think that the CPD doesn't have any affiliated members throughout their ranks. What department got in trouble some years back with officers in the Humboldt Park area that were hired hastily due to affirmative action and turned out to be tatted bangers that were taking sides in the hood and then got into it with rivals in the locker room? If you're going to spread bull**** around then make sure you spread it evenly. 13,000 officers and not ONE gang member in them, ****ing dumbass. I've had more than a couple officers drive by and throw up signs while I was growing up, and buddies from other neighborhoods have had the same thing. Don't be ignorant.
                            I know we definitely have gang members that were hired by the Dept., but I call BS on them throwing up signs on the street while patrolling. Yes affirmative action has done it's part to help hasten the decline of this Dept.
                            No Dept. got "in trouble" for the gang rivalry in 014 some years back.

I've noticed that since you've been waiting to get hired, you are getting more and more critical of CPD. Process too slow for your liking? Guess we're missing out on having you taking charge of things here.

As far as spreading BS (look back at some of your posts before accusing another of spreading manure) and being a Dumb***, know what you are talking about. You are not a member of this Dept., so I guess your "experience" is from TV, newspapers, and "friends that heard from other friends."

With the attitude you have and being critical of what you called "the best, the real Police," maybe going to DC, LA, or whatever is best for you. The CPD will get along just fine without you.

Comment

• Growing up in Rogers Park is where I got my experience from. Officers have been convicted of home invasions and putting a contract on other officers lives, I don't think throwing up a gang sign is below some of them. It is not the department I am growing tired of, it's the city. Like another poster said, waiting 3 years for a job is asinine. I've still got years to up and move, but anyone not annoyed by this cities politics isn't paying attention. Plus, there are many "real police" departments in this country, Chicago just happens to be where I call home.

Comment

• Can't you guys continue this over PM? Haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7390 users online. 342 members and 7048 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X