Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itsme37 or anybody else.......did they say how soon they would contact us for the Oral Interviews?
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• Originally posted by MJN325
      It's amazing how many people ask for advice on this Forum from experienced Law Enforcement Officers, and then when they don't like what we tell them, they do it anyways...... Oh well, can't say we didn't tell you so........
      Yea I guess they will just have to learn the hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
        Itsme37 or anybody else.......did they say how soon they would contact us for the Oral Interviews?
        I dont remember when they said they were gonna interview but I imagine that if they want to hire 6 by Jan of 09 they will contact us within 2 weeks.
        "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
        "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• I also want to thank all the officers that have given their advice to all the guys n gals here trying to get into Law Enforcement. Know what you are doing, giving advice, thats all you can do and we have to learn the rest for ourselves. There are some of us that might actually get into a dept. like Harvey and enjoy it and not want to leave, on the other hand though, we could completely hate it and want to leave. So, it is what it is, and all the current officers on here know that anything can happen to anyone, at any department. But you have to start somewhere, like in any position you have to start at the bottom, prove yourself, and work your way up, or out the door.
          "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
          "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• Originally posted by itsme37 View Post
            I also want to thank all the officers that have given their advice to all the guys n gals here trying to get into Law Enforcement. Know what you are doing, giving advice, thats all you can do and we have to learn the rest for ourselves. There are some of us that might actually get into a dept. like Harvey and enjoy it and not want to leave, on the other hand though, we could completely hate it and want to leave. So, it is what it is, and all the current officers on here know that anything can happen to anyone, at any department. But you have to start somewhere, like in any position you have to start at the bottom, prove yourself, and work your way up, or out the door.

BUT IN THE CASE OF HARVEY WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT THEIR POLICIES ARE BAD, NO ROOM FOR GROWTH OR THERE UNION SUCKS ETC, WE ARE TELLING YOU THEY ARE CORRUPT, BIG DIFFERENCE.

Comment

• That whole city has been dealt a **** hand, the only officers that would work there for many years were the bottom of the barrel pickings. It's a new department now, they have too many eyes on them to be the same ol' Harvey. I don't see how everyone can criticize Harvey and Cicero when we have the most corrupt city in the country (Chicago) right next door. If you honestly think that Chicago coppers haven't planted some dope or cracked some skulls or sold drugs, etc, then you're a moron. Yes, Harvey had problems, so did MANY suburbs. CHICAGO is still making headlines, Harvey hasn't been in trouble in a couple years. I don't know where you're a Sheriff at, but if it's Cook County then you really can't point fingers. Cook County is world renowned for it's corruptness.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                That whole city has been dealt a **** hand, the only officers that would work there for many years were the bottom of the barrel pickings. It's a new department now, they have too many eyes on them to be the same ol' Harvey. I don't see how everyone can criticize Harvey and Cicero when we have the most corrupt city in the country (Chicago) right next door. If you honestly think that Chicago coppers haven't planted some dope or cracked some skulls or sold drugs, etc, then you're a moron. Yes, Harvey had problems, so did MANY suburbs. CHICAGO is still making headlines, Harvey hasn't been in trouble in a couple years. I don't know where you're a Sheriff at, but if it's Cook County then you really can't point fingers. Cook County is world renowned for it's corruptness.
                HAHA, DONT SAY WE DIDNT WARN YAH KID. BY THE WAY HARVEY CITIZENS WANTED COOK COUNTY TO TAKE OVER PATROLS FOR THEM RATHER THEN HAVE HARVEY PD. THAT WAS LAST YEAR I BELIEVE, SOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR NEW CITY.

Comment

• If I lived in a under-policed area I would want a large well funded department to come in too. Harvey is as busy if not busier than a Chicago district the same size and they have a quarter of the officers all in one man squads. Poor taxes call for poor conditions. At least Harvey has an excuse to be saturated with crime, Chicago is the department that has 50 officers scrambling from all over when backup is needed. I'm not sticking up for Harvey or bashing Chicago, but if your department doesn't have problems then you're probably not the real police. BTW, the department was raided due to a high rate of un-solved murders, that doesn't say corruption, that says under manned and not enough citizen involvement. Here is an exert about that incident a couple years ago.

The raid was not part of any public corruption investigation, sources said. But prosecutors are trying to find out, in part, why Harvey police have not brought charges in some of these cases.

I won't speak on departments I know nothing about anymore, I suggest you do the same as a professional courtesy to officers working in much more dangerous areas than yourself.

Comment

• Spend some quality time with Harvey cops and you'll see what things are really about.

These guys are telling you these things for a reason. Listen to them.

If this is going to be your attitude going into policing, that you already know everything and won't listen to the guys/gals who have been there and done it and forgotten more than you know, please reject any offer you might get so you won't get yourself, or worse, someone else killed.

That's all I'll say in this thread.

Comment

That whole city has been dealt a **** hand, the only officers that would work there for many years were the bottom of the barrel pickings. It's a new department now, they have too many eyes on them to be the same ol' Harvey. I don't see how everyone can criticize Harvey and Cicero when we have the most corrupt city in the country (Chicago) right next door. If you honestly think that Chicago coppers haven't planted some dope or cracked some skulls or sold drugs, etc, then you're a moron. Yes, Harvey had problems, so did MANY suburbs. CHICAGO is still making headlines, Harvey hasn't been in trouble in a couple years. I don't know where you're a Sheriff at, but if it's Cook County then you really can't point fingers. Cook County is world renowned for it's corruptness.
                      Just seeing what Kellog did to Dorrough's kid over that gun would make me run in the other direction from Harvey.

If you're told to let someone go you locked up, or "look the other way" on a dope set, what are you gonna do? Do the right thing and it may be awful lonely by yourself in those rowhouses west of Dixie, or in one of the bars trying to calm down 20 drunks by your lonesome. Nothing like calling for help and no one coming...It was different when Graves was Mayor, if you think anything has changed in the last year, you're mistaken.

I though MorseAve had taken Chicago's test, but I must have been wrong. Why would you want to work for a corrupt PD in the most corrupt city in the US? Chicago has 13000 coppers, Harvey has 60. Figure out the percentages.

Comment

If I lived in a under-policed area I would want a large well funded department to come in too. Harvey is as busy if not busier than a Chicago district the same size and they have a quarter of the officers all in one man squads. Poor taxes call for poor conditions. At least Harvey has an excuse to be saturated with crime, Chicago is the department that has 50 officers scrambling from all over when backup is needed. I'm not sticking up for Harvey or bashing Chicago, but if your department doesn't have problems then you're probably not the real police. BTW, the department was raided due to a high rate of un-solved murders, that doesn't say corruption, that says under manned and not enough citizen involvement. Here is an exert about that incident a couple years ago.

The raid was not part of any public corruption investigation, sources said. But prosecutors are trying to find out, in part, why Harvey police have not brought charges in some of these cases.

I won't speak on departments I know nothing about anymore, I suggest you do the same as a professional courtesy to officers working in much more dangerous areas than yourself.

ahh they were not solved because some of the offenders had links to the city. wake up now before its too late.

Comment

• I got a letter today from Harvey PD for an interview on the 19th (next Wed).

My buddy also got his letter for the same day. Good luck to everyone else in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                            Spend some quality time with Harvey cops and you'll see what things are really about.

These guys are telling you these things for a reason. Listen to them.

If this is going to be your attitude going into policing, that you already know everything and won't listen to the guys/gals who have been there and done it and forgotten more than you know, please reject any offer you might get so you won't get yourself, or worse, someone else killed.

That's all I'll say in this thread.

Should have kept your mouth shut instead of speaking on this thread Edmond. My partner is a former Harvey cop and I wouldn't have any other. And nope we're definitely not corrupt (specially with our out to get you IA). So keep your broad generalizations to yourself. Corrupt officers dont make corrupt departments they make corrupt officers. There are plenty of guys in departments who have corrupt officers who are there to do there job and get a paycheck. Plus I'm sure you're completely ethically sound and follow all laws all the time including all traffic laws.

Comment

• Yea, but Edmond is a PI. He is much more combat savvy than me. You think I would get someone killed? Been there, done that, came back.

Comment

• Did anyone hear how soon Harvey will be contacting those who passed the interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4930 users online. 243 members and 4687 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X