300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
    There was actually a story on the news a few years ago about these clowns and yes it was about them abusing the non existent power they have. Again why would you want to listen to a bunch of cops that have been around. Go to Harvey and learn the hard way I guess.
    I never said I was interested in working for Harvey. I was just commenting on one of the links you posted.

I will say that Harvey needs every one of those 6 officers they're looking to hire and more.

Hopefully the Mayor and Police administration can turn that dept. in the right direction. As they say, fish stinks from the head down.
    Last edited by TOPPED_OUT; 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM. Reason: ....

Comment

Originally posted by RJSPPO View Post
      Actually, Harvey has did away with that ridiculous "Deputy Marshall" program. What they did instead was take a lot of those guys {who couldnt never pass the civil-service exam} & back door them into the part-time academy. By the way, most of those guys dont even work uniform patrol running from call to call allnight, they get to run around in S.O.U. & play the police. Neighboring towns are beginning to "backdoor" unqualified people into the PT academy as political favors {doing it in my town}. I have to get away....
      Yup....I've seen the same things.

What's S.O.U. anyway?

Comment

Special. Operations. Unit. The mayor doesn't put those guys in patrol, so they dont know how to actually "be the police". The current mayor needs to go ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
          I know, what I'm saying is that working on the streets is preferred over working the jail. Especially if one doesn't get hired on Chicago until the second time around.
          Preferred to whom? Maybe to you but not to others.
          Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Originally posted by scotsmen View Post
            You misunderstanding my statement, I am not saying that you will not work but its not hard work. Before I moved on to a higher paying gig in southern Il. I worked every division from 1 to 11 and ex-ops at the ccdoc. At the ccdoc you have everything under the sun happening but you have to enjoy that type of work. Like any job you got good days and you got bad days, but all in all its not hard and it’s a dam good job but it can be very challenging but fun. AND NO YOU DONT FIGHT EVERY DAY. Some days are very quite while others are very violent you have to want to do this job. And anyone who holds a Cook County Dept. of Corrections Star has earned it 10 fold.
            Ive been there for 19 yrs and agree 100 percent with what you wrote.

Comment

Preferred by me and people that want to be police.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                Preferred by me and people that want to be police.
                Good luck to you.

Comment

Just got back from the test. Harvey officials said they would contact us within the next several days to tell us the results.

P.O.W.E.R test is Saturday.

....Goodluck guys!
                  Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Does the HPD still have the "JUMP OUT BOYS"? This is what the residents would refer to the officers riding around in a Ryder rental truck jump out on the dope boys.
                    Last edited by 4g63; 11-02-2008, 02:35 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• Don't know, but if anyone does then it would be Harvey. Leaving orientation last weekend I almost got hit by two squads in a high speed (before 10am) and on the way to the written I saw three cars stopped under the bridge at 159th with an ambulance and squad, all the car doors were open but it didn't look like an accident so I assumed it was a shooting or fight.

Comment

• Any Officer's From 1994

Comment

• Get any results yet from sat. written?
                          "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                          "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• Not yet, I'm going to call tomorrow.

I believe the list will be posted in the Police Station in the afternoon.

Comment

• The list was posted today at the police station.

I got a call around 7PM telling me I was successful at the written exam. P.O.W.E.R test is 8AM Saturday.

Will anyone else be there?
                              Last edited by StephDakel; 11-05-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: Nevermind

Comment

• Best of luck to all on Sat. for the physical, I'll see you all there.
                                "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                                "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8148 users online. 374 members and 7774 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X