300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    The solution is very simple, guys should stop applying to departments such as this. No one is forcing someone to apply for crap pay and crap working conditions.
    As others have pointed out, becoming a state certified police officer is something hard to obtain right now. If you have the option of going to Harvey and starting your career or waiting a year, two years, three years, et cetera to get onto an "ideal" PD the option to me seems clear. You need to have a little more empathy here for those that need to get in somewhere and learn to be a police officer before looking at other options.

Comment

• Has anyone that tested heard anything as of yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by lcastillo82 View Post
        Has anyone that tested heard anything as of yet?
        Dude, when you finally get that call...STOP POSTING UNDER THIS USERNAME

Comment

• Especially when you pass by a point..

Comment

• The hardest written exam I've ever taken is from resource management. I don't know how a place like harvey administers this difficult test when the locals of the area received poor general education.

Comment

• Resource Management as most difficult? That's one of the easier tests out there. Try taking a PCI exam or one of those Selection Works exams and then tell me about a difficult test, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthBurbs07 View Post
                As others have pointed out, becoming a state certified police officer is something hard to obtain right now. If you have the option of going to Harvey and starting your career or waiting a year, two years, three years, et cetera to get onto an "ideal" PD the option to me seems clear. You need to have a little more empathy here for those that need to get in somewhere and learn to be a police officer before looking at other options.
                This is the last I'll say on this because everyone will have a differing opinion and that's fine. This isn't about empathy or about being on and an "ideal" department. This is about someone weighing the risk vs reward of getting hired onto a notorious department. The state cert is not the be all end all. Sometimes it is best to wait and get hired where you are less likely to get jammed up in some BS or have to explain away a reputation. Again, it's your life, do what you want, and you are aware of the ramifications. I hope it all ends in success.
                www.saveavet.org

Comment

• Well not most difficult but up there. I actually find selection works wayy easier !

Comment

• Originally posted by kevmat9 View Post
                    Well not most difficult but up there. I actually find selection works wayy easier !
                    I hate Selection Works. Them and their most realistic to the job" BS they claim. I don't know of any cops who go to a domestic at an apartment building and stare at a building layout and remember exactly how many halls, lefts and rights they have to make just to get to their call, lol

Comment

• It's been years since I've logged onto the forums. I was the 3rd poster of this topic, and it's still going strong. I'll keep my opinion to myself, but I just want to say thanks ChiTownDet, DogCop, and others for all the advice. When this thread started, I wasn't even certified. Now I have over 4 years on the job - and I love every bit of it. Yes, I DID work for Harvey, and YES I moved on. Eitherway, I have no regrets.

Good luck to everyone.

*edited for tupos....oops typos*
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• What was the turnout when they tested earlier this year?

Comment

• its always a decent turnout for the test. they used a different test so it eliminated more people this time. and another large portion after the physical. most people that came to the test didn't look as if they was serious about law enforcement.

Comment

• those that are testing tomorrow, good luck!

Comment

• decent turnout. but many failed the test. the physical killed the remainder. Some really wasted their money if they really wasn't sure if they could pass the physical. Can say for sure, it don't matter who you know, if you fail a portion of the test it wont help you. Seen that very clearly.

Comment

• Any news? Havent heard anything yet besides the test scores was posted

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11152 users online. 429 members and 10723 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X