Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if CPD doesn't hire you the first time around you have to do another 2-3 years in the jail, hoping they'll hire you the second time. Versus doing another 2-3 years on the streets of Harvey. Which would make it a total of 4-6 years at either place by the time you got an offer from the CPD, and if you took it you would have to take a pay cut and a loss of seniority, as well as doing the academy all over again. I would rather be stuck in Harvey than jail. I'll see what happens though, worse case scenario I can get into any other large department in the country in 6 months and bypass all the crook county and Chicago bs.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
      So if CPD doesn't hire you the first time around you have to do another 2-3 years in the jail, hoping they'll hire you the second time. Versus doing another 2-3 years on the streets of Harvey. Which would make it a total of 4-6 years at either place by the time you got an offer from the CPD, and if you took it you would have to take a pay cut and a loss of seniority, as well as doing the academy all over again. I would rather be stuck in Harvey than jail. I'll see what happens though, worse case scenario I can get into any other large department in the country in 6 months and bypass all the crook county and Chicago bs.
      EVEN IF YOU'RE ALREADY A COP AND YOU LEAVE TO GO TO CHICAGO PD YOU'RE GOING TO DO THE FULL 26 WEEK CHICAGO ACADEMY AND TAKE A PAY CUT AND LOOSE YOUR SENIORITY, CHICAGO TAKE NO LATERALS.

Comment

I know, what I'm saying is that working on the streets is preferred over working the jail. Especially if one doesn't get hired on Chicago until the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
          That article regarding the Mayor allowing normal citizens to impersonate the police states,

"Kellogg's crimefighters will take their place alongside a newly assembled group of unpaid chaplains assigned to each of the city's six wards. The ministers, all Christian, will respond alongside police and other emergency officials to crime scenes and natural disasters to comfort victims."

Looks nothing more than a group of typical auxiliary police officers.

Don't see what the big deal is really.

Reread the article and focus on the part that says these guys are wearing clothing to identify themselves as police.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
            I know, what I'm saying is that working on the streets is preferred over working the jail. Especially if one doesn't get hired on Chicago until the second time around.

You think so huh? I listen to HPD's band alot and I know several times officers have gotten severely fu$ked up due to no backup and running call to call for the 12 hour shifts that HPD has......

also at least if you work for county you know you will at least have a pension when you get done, and can go back to it later since they is no maximum age to work there.

Think about it go to county, get a few years on, go to a p.d. somewhere, retire and then go back to county continuing to pay into another pension

Not only that but you can leave county after a couple years and get on a better suburb or go Sheriffs police.

Comment

I have a buddy that worked for HPD and complained of the same things that BPD stated. My buddy said they had him on an "on-call" status at all times(even after he worked 12 hour tours), back-up was far away if available at all, a lot of politics, back-stabbing, low pay, vacation was made difficult to schedule and the equipment wasn't great.

He was thankful that HPD let me get his foot in the door in LE but exited stage left as soon as he could. He worked there for less than 2 years.

Comment

stay away from hpd
                Last edited by scotsmen; 11-19-2008, 12:27 AM.
                The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any LE agency, other person or entity.

Comment

HPD currently runs 8's. How likely is it to get hired on county and how long does the process take? Do they give military points?

Comment

stay away from hpd
                    Last edited by scotsmen; 11-19-2008, 12:25 AM.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any LE agency, other person or entity.

Comment

Employment Opportunities

stay away from hpd
                      Last edited by scotsmen; 11-19-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Scotsmen, in your positives about county jail you said "it's not hard work"....are you stoned? I have 2 friends that work CCDOC and from being a CPD I have been down in the bullpen at 26 and Cal and that statement couldnt be further from the truth....when your with these felons in the processing room, YOU DO NOT HAVE GUN, it's bascially one guard for every 10 inmates....You fight EVERY DAY. You get every bodily fluid thrown at you, you work your a** off. DOC has one of the hardest jobs in law enforcement. These felons are ****ed, a lot of them have 3 strikes, they got nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD99 View Post
                          Reread the article and focus on the part that says these guys are wearing clothing to identify themselves as police.

I read that part....again, it's nothing different than the other suburban departments that have auxiliary units. Some of these depts. also have their auxiliary officers wear outer vest carriers that say "POLICE" on them.

What I would be more interested in is an article depicting these guys as abusing or over-reaching with whatever power they supposedly have.

I haven't seen any evidence of impersonation yet.

Comment

Harvey is a dump.
                            Last edited by scotsmen; 11-19-2008, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
                              I read that part....again, it's nothing different than the other suburban departments that have auxiliary units. Some of these depts. also have their auxiliary officers wear outer vest carriers that say "POLICE" on them.

What I would be more interested in is an article depicting these guys as abusing or over-reaching with whatever power they supposedly have.

I haven't seen any evidence of impersonation yet.

There was actually a story on the news a few years ago about these clowns and yes it was about them abusing the non existent power they have. Again why would you want to listen to a bunch of cops that have been around. Go to Harvey and learn the hard way I guess.
                              Last edited by mjw5678; 10-28-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Actually, Harvey has did away with that ridiculous "Deputy Marshall" program. What they did instead was take a lot of those guys {who couldnt never pass the civil-service exam} & back door them into the part-time academy. By the way, most of those guys dont even work uniform patrol running from call to call allnight, they get to run around in S.O.U. & play the police. Neighboring towns are beginning to "backdoor" unqualified people into the PT academy as political favors {doing it in my town}. I have to get away....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10166 users online. 494 members and 9672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X