• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.theblueline.com/

Comment

www.***********************
      Last edited by mjw5678; 09-12-2008, 10:12 PM. Reason: mistype

Comment

Thank u all for the advice, I think I am going to pass on Harvey.

What other towns should I avoid?

Comment

you people are funny... first of all edmund you cannot comment on somethin your not but want to be ... a cop... elgin guy let me give you serious advice.. if you cannot make up your mind where to test, and you need opinions of others , then you should not be yhe police at all. how are gonna make up your mind, and who are you gonna call for advice if you have to lock someone up? your not gonna be able to log onto the computer to ask people here on this web site lol...

secondly, its great expierience. we dont have a spec. unit for every*&^% crime. we handle it our self i have seen so much in my little time there and yes i have received 2 offers from other depts based on my exp. a very good friend of mine just left our dept. and went to another town and is doin extremely well and he credits his knoweledge from workin in harvey.

its a new dept. lots of young people. there revampin the dept. we got 3 in the cpd acad. and the test comin up is for 10. if you have been thru the cpd acad they talk about our admin. thats it not our p.os or are sgts. they know how we get down, and that were just like the west side of chicago. ask smith or mr minella they will tell you. if you like fast paced, bouncing from call to call, workin with srteet gangs (we got em all)or narcotics, then this is a great dept. forget wgat you heard but to be honest elgin guy, i wouldnt want you workin with me, if you cannot make up your mind about where to test you caint make up your mind to save your own &^*7 or your fellow p.o"s *&^. i welcome all who want to take the test ... send me an im if you have q.s

lol edmund, i think c.s.i miami is on, go put your duty rig on that you ordered from galls and re enact them scenes...lol

Comment

lol yes i proof read i was very steammmedddd. and did not care about the typos

Comment

Hey, you write just like you talk!

Comment

look i worked for a small south suburban town that was fast paced like Harvey, however it did not have the reputation of corruption like harvey. You will get alot of street experiance and learn alot, however the corruption runs deep in Harvey. Some should not even be talked about here, like the mayors bodyguards that show up near suspects houses when other depts are doin surveilance etc...You decide for yourself, but Harvey is also a dumping ground for alot of officers who got fired from other agencies.

Comment

odd i havent come across any officers who were dumped from other agencies and i wonder why why we take so much heat? what about the cpd? every day there in the paper but whats the difference? they have alot more officers bigger dept. but know one sees it.im not knockin em. but you never hear anyone talk about the cpd probs just harvey.

Comment

ask around about the officer arrested on duty for the mob hit in FL. I wont put his name on here, but ask around.

Comment

im in!!

i got out of the army at 28 almost 29 and have been trying to get on a pd for over 2 yrs now! got on 2 waiting list and failed cpd pysch test, If harvey needs officers im more than willing to go over there and be one! I too played the 'i dont want to work there" game with differnt depts and now at 31 am getting worried that time is running out! Any info on the testing (nothing yet on blueline) would be great!!

Comment

Originally posted by hfbjr View Post
                        odd i havent come across any officers who were dumped from other agencies and i wonder why why we take so much heat? what about the cpd? every day there in the paper but whats the difference? they have alot more officers bigger dept. but know one sees it.im not knockin em. but you never hear anyone talk about the cpd probs just harvey.
                        We work for the second biggest police dept in the NATION! We'll make news for anything. Your an idiot if you can't figure out the diffence between Harvey and Chicago.

Comment

application due date was yesterday ($50 processing fee). who's in? they're looking to hire 8-10.
                          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

know ALOT of people there, worked with them a few times, some good guys and gals there.......that cant get out of there.

the fact that HPD is the only one that wants in the south surburban major crimes task force, that cant get in. The task force said no.

Also one of the 3 depts in IL that have been taken over by the state or been close to being taken over by the state or a sheriffs dept.

1. East St Louis P.D.
                            2. Ford Heights P.D.
                            3. Harvey--at least a few of the council members asked cook county or the state to take over patrols in the city last year but so far the CCSPD and ISP have said they cant or wont without formal invitation.

Google them and ask yourself what you want to do. Several articles over the years, including one last year where it was found out the city wasnt paying what they were supposed to into the police pension.

You will learn ALOT there about real police work, but you will more than likely get stuck.

I know for a fact that there are several depts around HPD that wont hire you if you are from HPD and, have said so outright.
                            Last edited by BPD99; 10-18-2008, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ende333 View Post
                              i got out of the army at 28 almost 29 and have been trying to get on a pd for over 2 yrs now! got on 2 waiting list and failed cpd pysch test, If harvey needs officers im more than willing to go over there and be one! I too played the 'i dont want to work there" game with differnt depts and now at 31 am getting worried that time is running out! Any info on the testing (nothing yet on blueline) would be great!!

Go to cook county, get on and then try again locally

Comment

Let people say what they want about Harvey PD, yes they have issues but experience is key. I was a police cadet for Chicago Heights PD and Matteson PD, plus I know cops that worked at my Highschool from Flossmoor. EVERY one of those departments has former Harvey officer's in leadership positions (OIC's and detectives) when I asked why so many former Harvey officer's do so well in other departments I was told because their experience is unmatched. Harvey will prepare you for any department in the country, and that is guaranteed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6270 users online. 343 members and 5927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X