Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvey PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • By "your department" do you mean Cook County DOC? You're still in the academy and you're talking like a veteran, get over yourself. There were Cook County sheriffs arrested in the same case those Harvey guys were arrested in and CCDOC guys are constantly giving themselves a bad name, they don't need help from Harvey. Oh, and Harvey tops out about the same if not MORE than CCDOC.
    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

    Comment


    • And what dept do you work for Nissan? I work for Harvey, and i ask you, what is my salary??? How many shootings have I been in???
      Harvey is not a war zone, its certainly not mayberry. A lot of good officers have come from Harvey, as well as **** ones, like all departments. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but unless you actually know me, and have worked with me on the streets, you have no basis to judge. Good luck with your career.
      "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
      "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by itsme37 View Post
        And what dept do you work for Nissan? I work for Harvey, and i ask you, what is my salary??? How many shootings have I been in???
        Harvey is not a war zone, its certainly not mayberry. A lot of good officers have come from Harvey, as well as **** ones, like all departments. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but unless you actually know me, and have worked with me on the streets, you have no basis to judge. Good luck with your career.
        You might be the best copper in the world, and I understand having pride in your department, but unfortunately you can't deny the troubled history of Harvey.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

        "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
          You might be the best copper in the world, and I understand having pride in your department, but unfortunately you can't deny the troubled history of Harvey.
          Seriously, You cannot deny the troubled history of CPD, NYPD, LAPD, FBI( J Edgar and his Dresses), NOPD (the BIg Easy), LVMPD (its Vegas, Baby), MPDC, Miami (City) but if you read these forums.....lot of people want to work there, dont they!!! Lighten up on Harvey, in fact just lighten up. The economy sux and some people just want to be the police. I look at all of the guys who are applying to EVERY PD that pops up....people dont talk about getitng in the door and moving on later....they just want the job!!!!! There was a time when people who wanted to be the "real police" didnt apply to the burbs or metra, or the universities, or the water rec district and the Railroads and were retirement jobs. Times and attitudes change with the economy. Today you are the "real police" if it says so on your star......even if it is Harvey.
          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

          Comment


          • I know this much about Harvey that is true...just try n go out there and commit a crime. You WILL get arrested. You WILL have a court date as well as a hit on your background...just like any other Police Dept., they have full police powers. Have whatever opinion you want about their Dept. but they would be first to help you if you have an emergency in their city. THEN the opinions will change because they helped save your life.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
              Seriously, You cannot deny the troubled history of CPD, NYPD, LAPD, FBI( J Edgar and his Dresses), NOPD (the BIg Easy), LVMPD (its Vegas, Baby), MPDC, Miami (City) but if you read these forums.....lot of people want to work there, dont they!!! Lighten up on Harvey, in fact just lighten up. The economy sux and some people just want to be the police. I look at all of the guys who are applying to EVERY PD that pops up....people dont talk about getitng in the door and moving on later....they just want the job!!!!! There was a time when people who wanted to be the "real police" didnt apply to the burbs or metra, or the universities, or the water rec district and the Railroads and were retirement jobs. Times and attitudes change with the economy. Today you are the "real police" if it says so on your star......even if it is Harvey.

              I agree with you on this 100%.


              As for the Harvey PD guys..... they do their job, and work their asses off. Every single one I have encountered through my job has been a decent cop. Hell, all I care about is the same as yesterday..... when **** hits the fan, they come a runnin. They respond when we call, and thats what matters.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NissanGTR2012
                You're comparing a dept of 60 officers to a dept of 3000 plus. Im
                Not saying my dept is perfect. Do we have bad apples? Sure. Did Cook County ever make a gun go away in a case? No. Has Cook County ever been raided by the FBI? No. Youre wrong about the pay and "yes" I will be sure to get over myself (rolls eyes).
                Buahahahahahahahahahah

                You obviously havent been involved with the county long enough.

                Yes on all fronts......... maybe not RAIDED by the FBI, but you dont think there hasnt been FBI investigations? Come on....... they were FEDERALLY MANDATED to hire more officers...... you dont think SOMEONE from the Feds was inside? Psh.

                My family has been involved in LE in cook and chicago for a long time..... i can PROMISE YOU there are things you either werent told, or are just being ignorant towards.


                Again... EVERYWHERE has their moments, no one is 100% safe from it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
                  Seriously, You cannot deny the troubled history of CPD, NYPD, LAPD, FBI( J Edgar and his Dresses), NOPD (the BIg Easy), LVMPD (its Vegas, Baby), MPDC, Miami (City) but if you read these forums.....lot of people want to work there, dont they!!! Lighten up on Harvey, in fact just lighten up. The economy sux and some people just want to be the police. I look at all of the guys who are applying to EVERY PD that pops up....people dont talk about getitng in the door and moving on later....they just want the job!!!!! There was a time when people who wanted to be the "real police" didnt apply to the burbs or metra, or the universities, or the water rec district and the Railroads and were retirement jobs. Times and attitudes change with the economy. Today you are the "real police" if it says so on your star......even if it is Harvey.
                  It has nothing to do with being the real police. It has to do with an agency that appears to foster a culture of corruption and poor management. If I were to google "harvey police" how many stories would I come up with about shady stuff? Being taken over? Raided by outside agencies? Cars being driven by family members etc. ?
                  For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

                  "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                    It has nothing to do with being the real police. It has to do with an agency that appears to foster a culture of corruption and poor management. If I were to google "harvey police" how many stories would I come up with about shady stuff? Being taken over? Raided by outside agencies? Cars being driven by family members etc. ?
                    Same can be said for MOST major police departments.... Chicago NOT excluded. No one is denying the events that happened there, they are just saying that times are changing and they are makingn attempts to correct the problems. No one here has EVER stated it was perfect.

                    There are plenty of towns in IL that had problems as well. If Im not mistaken some larger towns like Cicero had the same stigma way back when.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
                      Same can be said for MOST major police departments.... Chicago NOT excluded. No one is denying the events that happened there, they are just saying that times are changing and they are makingn attempts to correct the problems. No one here has EVER stated it was perfect.

                      There are plenty of towns in IL that had problems as well. If Im not mistaken some larger towns like Cicero had the same stigma way back when.
                      Absolutely incorrect. It can't be said about most departments. That's why people are saying what they are about his one. To compare a department with 10,000 cops to one with fifty or sixty is a bad example. Justifying and excusing poor management doesn't help anyone.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

                      "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                        Absolutely incorrect. It can't be said about most departments. That's why people are saying what they are about his one. To compare a department with 10,000 cops to one with fifty or sixty is a bad example. Justifying and excusing poor management doesn't help anyone.
                        Ok let me clearify myself than. I am in no way speeking as to the MANAGEMENT of Harvey, i am onlu speaking of the officers in which i have first hand knowledge of. I cant speak for the structure or management of the department as i have no first hand experience, and do not wish to play the game of he said she said.


                        And i will refraise...... not ALL departments, but rather some. Better? A department of 60 allows for the screw ups to be more evident than that of the 10000, BUT that does not negate the fact that they exist! Why does it matter if its a department of 60 or 6 million, police corruption is still police corruption. And if you HONESTLY thnk that these large departments have NEVER been "infiltrated" by a fed agency you my friend are living in a wonderful world that we all would love to be part of.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                          If I were to google "harvey police" how many stories would I come up with about shady stuff? ?
                          Which number would be higher? Harvey or CCDOC?

                          And remember, we have to do racial profiling forms for traffic stops due to the actions of a northwest suburban PD.

                          People ask about departments on this board to help them make a informed decision. In this economy, I'd never tell anyone not to apply for any pd. If I say "I wouldn't apply" doesn't mean you shouldn't.
                          Last edited by Cable; 10-30-2011, 01:36 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
                            Ok let me clearify myself than. I am in no way speeking as to the MANAGEMENT of Harvey, i am onlu speaking of the officers in which i have first hand knowledge of. I cant speak for the structure or management of the department as i have no first hand experience, and do not wish to play the game of he said she said.


                            And i will refraise...... not ALL departments, but rather some. Better? A department of 60 allows for the screw ups to be more evident than that of the 10000, BUT that does not negate the fact that they exist! Why does it matter if its a department of 60 or 6 million, police corruption is still police corruption. And if you HONESTLY thnk that these large departments have NEVER been "infiltrated" by a fed agency you my friend are living in a wonderful world that we all would love to be part of.
                            Numbers matter when you look at percentages. If I work at a department of one hundred guys and five are shady, ne you work at a department win ten guys and five are shady, that says something. People will slip through the cracks, no doubt. But if the percentage is high, something is wrong.
                            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

                            "Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                              Numbers matter when you look at percentages. If I work at a department of one hundred guys and five are shady, ne you work at a department win ten guys and five are shady, that says something. People will slip through the cracks, no doubt. But if the percentage is high, something is wrong.
                              Agreed to an extent. That speaks more towards leadership and hiring practices, which again i can see the issue. Like i stated though i am not speaking of leadership. In all honesty as well, you know there are higher numbers than what you are projecting. And agaon the issue of corruption still isnt mute by any number. larger departments can shuffle it around and make it dissapear where as you cant really do that with a small department.

                              You are talking about reality vs. numbers...... the reality is the numbers shoukd be MUCH higher.

                              Comment


                              • And what percentage of Harvey coppers do you think are "dirty"?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9416 users online. 493 members and 8923 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X