Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just read all nine damn pages on this thread. At this point and this economy I really want the career in LE where ever it will be. Thanks for the info.
    "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

• i dont think there taking apps.
      “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

• Well, I guess you are all adults and have free will. Not like the warnings haven't already been talked to death.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

• Originally posted by park88 View Post
          Thanks for the heads up, can you give us more insight on the department? Equipment, Morale, etc..?
          REALLY? What hole did you crawl out of? It's Harvey....where they lost all those automatic guns (doesn't matter that they got any back), where Cook County Sheriff's Deputies are forbidden part time jobs (seriously...we're corrupt and our nick name is cRook county and WE can't work there), where the corrupt are corrupt. As said before...you will work your *** off, if you got any qualms at all about being in the ****e DON'T apply. Harvey is NOT like Naperville or even Bolingbrook for that matter. If you manage to keep your nose clean (and your job) you just might be able to write your own ticket to a more "credible" department.
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

• Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
            i dont think there taking apps.
            they're

Comment

• They're accepting applications for police officer. They did get the cops grant for more officers. IMO, they will have many laid off police officers apply. Goodluck to everyone....

Comment

• Originally posted by littleguy View Post
                They're accepting applications for police officer. They did get the cops grant for more officers. IMO, they will have many laid off police officers apply. Goodluck to everyone....
                I believe the COPS grant can only be used to hire uncertified officers.

Comment

• I believe the COPS grant can only be used to hire uncertified officers.
                  I think it can be used to hire anyone, it just cant be used for laterals of certified officers. As long as they start "from the bottom," certified officers can be hired under the COPS grant and otherwise given preference on eligibility lists as they otherwise would be assuming there was no COPS grant.

Comment

• I called their non-emergency number and confirmed that applications are available for pickup at their front office.

Comment

• none

Alli can say is wow. Arrogance is one thing i cant stand. Yes Harvey has had problems internally. Yes Harvey isnt a white picket fence suburb. It saddens me to see other coppers talk ***t about a place and or ofcs they have never worked at/with. Im sure there are good dedicated cops to match to the corrupt element. Unless youve been there maybe you should keep your comments to yourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul190 View Post
                        Alli can say is wow. Arrogance is one thing i cant stand. Yes Harvey has had problems internally. Yes Harvey isnt a white picket fence suburb. It saddens me to see other coppers talk ***t about a place and or ofcs they have never worked at/with. Im sure there are good dedicated cops to match to the corrupt element. Unless youve been there maybe you should keep your comments to yourselves.
                        Really? Cause it pretty much seems cultural there, thats why. When you have story after story about corruption, in a relatively small department, it says a lot. I'm sure there are decent guys there too, but theres a lot of bad stuff going on there. People want to know about the department, thats why they asked on here.
                        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

• Lets be honest......I've been in LE for 17yrs, and no matter where you go, no matter which dept, you're always going to have some slugs, officers that backstab, officers that make mistakes and yes, dirty officers....the key to a successful career is to go there, do your job, mind your own business and stay away from the bad element (You will SEE and LEARN who are the ones to stay clear from and those who want to work). Those of you who are on the job, know what I'm talking about!
                          I got good advise when I first started LE....Be a sponge, whether good or bad soak it all in.

Comment

• http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/07/...south-suburbs/
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Man dies after exchanging gunfire with off-duty Harvey officer at Burnham bar

3:35 p.m. CDT, October 27, 2011
                              A man was wounded by another man in a Burnham bar, but the attacker was then shot to death by an off-duty Harvey police officer just before closing time this morning, police said. The suspect, 34, was declared dead about 7 a.m. at Franciscan St. Margaret hospital in Hammond, said Burnham Police Chief Peter Belos. The man he attacked in only suffered a superficial gunshot wound, Belos said.
                              The attacker opened fire for an unknown reason about 3:40 a.m. in the Little Brown Jug in the 14500 block of South Torrence Avenue in the south suburb, Belos said. The off-duty Harvey police officer, who was at the bar, fired some rounds at the attacker, who ran outside and continued firing into the bar, at the Harvey officer, Belos said. The Harvey officer followed the man outside, and they exchanged gunfire, with the Harvey officer hitting the attacker several times, Belos said. Investigators reviewed surveillance video and interviewed patrons who witnessed the shootout. No charges have been filed in the case.
                              The Harvey Police Department released a statement about the shooting later in the day.
                              "The Department is grateful that no other lives were lost and that our officer was able to handle himself in this stressful situation and that his quick actions saved the lives of so many," the department said in the statement. "The Harvey Police Department commends this officer for answering the call of duty and thinking of the safety of others before his own."
                              "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                              "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• I work within Harvey and am around Harvey PD all the time.....

Like it has been said by a few in here, every department has their bad points and anyone can make a department look bad. Dont believe EVERYTHING you hear. Harvey is a decent place to get REAL experience, and get some work done if that is what you are looking for. Just do like has been stated before, CYA, do what YOU need to do, stay away from the BS, and be a good officer.

Even a bad department can be what YOU make of it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10269 users online. 506 members and 9763 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X