300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...ing-range.html
    Last edited by Item9; 11-18-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• “After some really awesome investigating this afternoon, many of the stolen weapons were recovered, along with many other items that were stolen out of the gun range,” Harvey spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado told reporters. Gotta love that public relations director, since she grades on the awesome scale. Harvey, prepare to be taken over by county.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight77 View Post
        “After some really awesome investigating this afternoon, many of the stolen weapons were recovered, along with many other items that were stolen out of the gun range,” Harvey spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado told reporters. Gotta love that public relations director, since she grades on the awesome scale. Harvey, prepare to be taken over by county.
        Where is the guy that says how great Harvery is and that they are just misunderstood?
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight77 View Post
          “After some really awesome investigating this afternoon, many of the stolen weapons were recovered, along with many other items that were stolen out of the gun range,” Harvey spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado told reporters. Gotta love that public relations director, since she grades on the awesome scale. Harvey, prepare to be taken over by county.
          Yea, I wonder what's taking County sooo long.
          Damn, she actually said "awesome"? WOW ! And on top of that, they only recovered "some" of the weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
            Where is the guy that says how great Harvery is and that they are just misunderstood?
            You mean the one that got hired by Harvey and is already trying to leave....

Comment

• My buddy's chief came from Harvey PD. Has nothing good to say of the place even though he has several awards from them and Cook county. Also isnt the mall (now abandoned) they filmed "The Blues Brothers" in Harvey?
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• "AWESOME" what do I really need to say that hasnt already been said about that.
                County will not take over Harvey, wouldnt be able to deal with it. Why would county pull out of the weapons investigation of Harvey? ATF (you know, that Federal Agency) and Chicago stuck around and with joint efforts, majority of the weapons have been recovered.
                Listen, I'm not saying that Harvey is perfect, but the people that want to sit there and run their mouth about us are ignorant. Majority of the south suburbs have very good officers that started in Harvey. They came in, got their experience, then left for a better opportunity and became successful. Get over yourself, just because you work in one of the many suburbs that surround Chicago that isnt Harvey, does not mean that you are a better officer than a Harvey Cop. Your department might be run better or have more respect, but that, by no means, makes you a better Officer. We all went through the same Academy training as other LEOs did, I know my guys went to CPD Academy.
                "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• Someone had a good CI or somebody worked off their PCS case. Saw the list of guns taken. There's still a whole bunch of those guns still rolling around out there. Not too bright to have all that in an off sight building.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsme37 View Post
                    "AWESOME" what do I really need to say that hasnt already been said about that.
                    County will not take over Harvey, wouldnt be able to deal with it. Why would county pull out of the weapons investigation of Harvey? ATF (you know, that Federal Agency) and Chicago stuck around and with joint efforts, majority of the weapons have been recovered.
                    Listen, I'm not saying that Harvey is perfect, but the people that want to sit there and run their mouth about us are ignorant. Majority of the south suburbs have very good officers that started in Harvey. They came in, got their experience, then left for a better opportunity and became successful. Get over yourself, just because you work in one of the many suburbs that surround Chicago that isnt Harvey, does not mean that you are a better officer than a Harvey Cop. Your department might be run better or have more respect, but that, by no means, makes you a better Officer. We all went through the same Academy training as other LEOs did, I know my guys went to CPD Academy.
                    Im sure there are some good guys there, and thats great you want to defend your department. The problem is, its indefensible. There sure seems to be a culture of corruption in that town, and just some crappy police work.
                    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                      Im sure there are some good guys there, and thats great you want to defend your department. The problem is, its indefensible. There sure seems to be a culture of corruption in that town, and just some crappy police work.
                      Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                      I am defending the LEOs that I work with. The reputation of the dept is screwed and will take awhile to get back to the level that it used to be many, many years ago. Everyone has their ideas of how to change Harvey, whether it be with the County or State taking over or new Elections. Whatever the solution may be, it is going to take time. There is Corruption in every town, and I am not going to defend it or say that it does not exist in Harvey.....

There are police that work within HPD that are damn good police, but of course other LEOs (or wanna-be's) want to bundle all of Harvey police into one good little package and talk about how messed up we are, and I hear most of the B.S. from Cook County COs.

You know a town is bad when you respond to a juvenile problem and when you get there the juveniles are throwin buckets of feces at each other. That was a fun night!
                      "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        My buddy's chief came from Harvey PD. Has nothing good to say of the place even though he has several awards from them and Cook county. Also isnt the mall (now abandoned) they filmed "The Blues Brothers" in Harvey?
                        The Mall is still there, they are talking about finishing the tear down but the company that wants to do it needs funding.

Comment

• Applications

For all the future LEOs and all the Naysayers, Harvey IS taking applications. Due December 9th and test is on December 18th. $50.00 application fee is insane but we all had to pay it so suck it up. Opinions are welcome (lets be serious we all know people are gonna comment on this) but in reality, in this economy if you really want this career you should be applying at every single department that you can get your little hands on. We will be hiring, not sure how many but I did see this posted in records today.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsme37 View Post
                            For all the future LEOs and all the Naysayers, Harvey IS taking applications. Due December 9th and test is on December 18th. $50.00 application fee is insane but we all had to pay it so suck it up. Opinions are welcome (lets be serious we all know people are gonna comment on this) but in reality, in this economy if you really want this career you should be applying at every single department that you can get your little hands on. We will be hiring, not sure how many but I did see this posted in records today.
                            Thanks for the heads up, can you give us more insight on the department? Equipment, Morale, etc..?

Comment

• Thanks itsme.

Comment

• anyone have any specifics on whats going on i cant find info about accepting applications.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8767 users online. 409 members and 8358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X