300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cable View Post
    We're state certified po's. 50+ ofc's when fully staffed, which it hasn't been in years.

As for why it was hell.....WHERE DO I START?

Politics, a little corruption in management, lack of training after the academy, right before I left, they retired a squad that was built in 1986, 2 of the other 4 squads were hand-me-downs form other departments within the hospital, no lights on the squads until 1997, never had a chief appointed under the age of 63. I would go on, but I get mad just thinking about it.

The sad thing is that the officers there are some of the bravest, resourceful, and dedicated guys I've ever had the pleasure to work with. The dept has no desire to properly utilize it's officers.
    I agree whole heartedly! It tends to be an ongoing trend in many of the local South Suburb Chicago Land area.
    Last edited by msre; 12-08-2008, 03:06 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

• Originally posted by msre View Post
      I agree whole heartedly! It tends to be an ongoing trend in many of the local South Suburb Chicago Land area.
      That poster was talking about the cook county hospital police. I guess same could be said about Harvey though.

Comment

• Harvey Testing

reopening harvey's thread. The time has come once again for the Harvey PD to start taking applications for hiring. Due sometime in Feb, not sure when. Also doing Laterals for anyone that wants to transfer.
        "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
        "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• where did you hear/see this?

Comment

• Post Deleted By Author
            Last edited by LEJAmav; 03-19-2010, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEJAmav View Post
              Hey StephDakel, when this thread started you said you were in a "non-sworn" position on a PD. I notice now that you list yourself as a sworn officer in the jurisdiction of "Chicago suburbs." Did you get on Harvey? Assuming you have, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the topic of Harvey, again if you have been an officer there for the last year or so then you would be able to give us some honest insight, rather than outside hearsay.

Also, if you have been on Harvey for this time, what are your reasons for wanting to leave and test at other departments (as I have seen from your posts on here).
              Prob cause if he did get on Harvey he realizes he shoulda listened to all of us on this thread..

Comment

• Originally posted by mjw5678
                Prob cause if he did get on Harvey he realizes he shoulda listened to all of us on this thread..
                Lol. That would be hilarious...

Comment

• Everyone has their opinions, but from someone that has first hand experience I would recommend going to Harvey as long as you do not plan on staying. You will learn more than anywhere else, the officers are good, the administration is half retarded and do not deserve to wear badges. Keep applying, just don't tell anyone. The paper and procedures are very thorough there, more so than other pd's. Most guys that leave flourish in other departments, you will learn to work in Harvey and you will learn to love it. A productive day in some places would get you fired in Harvey. I mean that literally, they will make you work. Take it for what it is, plus in this economy it's hard to find places hiring. They will probably hire a few, don't expect to have a squad car though, lol.

Comment

• Walk and talk?

Comment

• Morse is right, harvey is a dept where you WILL learn a lot, but its not for everyone. For those people that plan on becoming the police, you cannot just apply to one place (Chicago, Joliet, Naperville, Aurora) and expect to get hired right away. If you really want to be the police, apply everywhere, get on somewhere, get your training and if you hate it then transfer. Noone is guaranteed a job in this field so when you get an opportunity you should take it.

Yea_Buddy I work in Harvey, they told us to inform people that Harvey is testing, I really have no idea how many they plan on hiring but if I recall correctly we lost six officers last year, maybe more, one of which being a rookie.
                      "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                      "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

• there are alot of agencies where u can "work" and be respected by other agencies. Harvey should be a stay away. I tested all over as well, however I stayed away from depts that had bad reps.

Comment

• It's got a real bad rep, but in this economy, if they offer you a spot, take it, go thru the academy, get State Certified, get a paycheck, experience, then get the hell out of there when something else better comes along....my 2 cents on Harvey

Comment

• Just wondering for anyone who tested for this dept, do they use free weight for bench or a machine?

Comment

• Originally posted by nzayed89 View Post
                              Just wondering for anyone who tested for this dept, do they use free weight for bench or a machine?
                              Just train with free weights, that way it won't matter what they use because machine is WAYYYY easier.

Comment

• I have been using both. I cant always find someone to come with me to the gym so I sometimes need to use the machine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6833 users online. 324 members and 6509 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X