300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    So it's been confirmed by a source working at the HPD. There are now 12 slots.

I know backgrounds are still underway. I've talk to some of you privately - so it seems some backgrounds are just about complete, while others are still pending. For everyone who passes the background, and medical...December 31st is the day to take the POWER test at the academy.

Speaking of the medical, has anyone heard anything?
    U still want to work for them huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
      So it's been confirmed by a source working at the HPD. There are now 12 slots.

I know backgrounds are still underway. I've talk to some of you privately - so it seems some backgrounds are just about complete, while others are still pending. For everyone who passes the background, and medical...December 31st is the day to take the POWER test at the academy.

Speaking of the medical, has anyone heard anything?
      ARE YOU KIDDING ME, YOU STILL DONT GET IT.

Comment

• Alright guys. We spent 8 pages trying to convince people not to go to Harvey. If they still want to go, lets wish them luck (They'll need it).

Comment

• 4 Harvey police officers, 10 cook county sheriff's correctional officers, and a chicago police officer were arrested for conspiracy to distribute cocaine and heroin. Notice that the county had the most officers involved in the corruption (I know they are larger) but I wonder how many of you harvey bashers are doing the same thing on the cook county thread. Once you've said your piece about why someone should or shouldnt go to harvey pd, you should leave the thread alone. People are grown men on here, let them make their own decisions. Cable has it right, once you've lobbied your objection wish them luck.

People told me not to join the army, but I made my own decision as a grown man, joined the army, and now Im the only one from my highschool with a college education, professional work experience, and $0 in college loans.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
            4 Harvey police officers, 10 cook county sheriff's correctional officers, and a chicago police officer were arrested for conspiracy to distribute cocaine and heroin. Notice that the county had the most officers involved in the corruption (I know they are larger) but I wonder how many of you harvey bashers are doing the same thing on the cook county thread. Once you've said your piece about why someone should or shouldnt go to harvey pd, you should leave the thread alone. People are grown men on here, let them make their own decisions. Cable has it right, once you've lobbied your objection wish them luck.

People told me not to join the army, but I made my own decision as a grown man, joined the army, and now Im the only one from my highschool with a college education, professional work experience, and $0 in college loans.

How the hell do you compare the army to Harvey?? Second while many may refer to Cook County as Crook County they no way have the same issues as Harvey PD has ALWAYS had, all Counties are political,Cook being the biggest is just he most publicized, and 10 out of a about 10,000 plus is nothing compared to 4 out of a small dept like Harvey. Harvey has been losing officers to corruption for years and has been raided several times by the County,State and Feds in the last few years. So come on every one of us telling these guys to not go to Harvey have been around an avg of 10yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
              How the hell do you compare the army to Harvey??
              It should be that Harvey NEEDS the Army...lol. A little Napalm might go a long way. Anyway, this is my take... who cares, let them apply and get hired and learn the hard way. Kind of like how we never understand how people get hit by trains: Let's see, there are tracks, so we know what path the train will take, hmm, they are loud, horns blows, lights flash and the things are huge and there are print ads and campaigns on crossing safety. Yet year after year people get turned into pink mist by them. The average person just shakes their head and has no idea how someone could be so unaware and get hit by one. Well...I think we see the parallel.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

• I wasnt comparing the army to harvey, i was trying to show that sometimes what everyone is telling you is "bad" for you can sometimes work for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                  It should be that Harvey NEEDS the Army...lol. A little Napalm might go a long way. Anyway, this is my take... who cares, let them apply and get hired and learn the hard way. Kind of like how we never understand how people get hit by trains: Let's see, there are tracks, so we know what path the train will take, hmm, they are loud, horns blows, lights flash and the things are huge and there are print ads and campaigns on crossing safety. Yet year after year people get turned into pink mist by them. The average person just shakes their head and has no idea how someone could be so unaware and get hit by one. Well...I think we see the parallel.

Yeah, but everytime someone makes it across without getting hit by the train people start to believe they can too.

There's no point in trying to talk someone out of taking a job even it might land them in what is almost certainly "Police Hell". I've been in police hell. Once your there it becomes more like a prison sentence than a career. It could work out for them. And I hope it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cable View Post
                    I've been in police hell. Once your there it becomes more like a prison sentence than a career.
                    Where was your police hell?

Comment

• Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                      Where was your police hell?

Cook County Hospital

Comment

• Haha, yea that would be bad. Were you "special police" or actual police? Was it hell because of politics/corruption or because you had to deal with those people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cable View Post
                          It could work out for them. And I hope it does.
                          Why thank you.
                          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Haha, yea that would be bad. Were you "special police" or actual police? Was it hell because of politics/corruption or because you had to deal with those people?

Stroger Hospital of Cook County has/had it own Police Dept. and yes they were fully cert. Police Officers
                            The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any LE agency, other person or entity.

Comment

Haha, yea that would be bad. Were you "special police" or actual police? Was it hell because of politics/corruption or because you had to deal with those people?

We're state certified po's. 50+ ofc's when fully staffed, which it hasn't been in years.

As for why it was hell.....WHERE DO I START?

Politics, a little corruption in management, lack of training after the academy, right before I left, they retired a squad that was built in 1986, 2 of the other 4 squads were hand-me-downs form other departments within the hospital, no lights on the squads until 1997, never had a chief appointed under the age of 63. I would go on, but I get mad just thinking about it.

The sad thing is that the officers there are some of the bravest, resourceful, and dedicated guys I've ever had the pleasure to work with. The dept has no desire to properly utilize it's officers.
                              Last edited by Cable; 12-07-2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDM1Y View Post
                                Just saw it on WGN News...no one was arrested, but the Feds just "Stopped by" the Harvey Police Department.
                                I live in a neighboring community. I didn't see/hear any announcement regarding Mayor Kellogg being taken in for questioning by the FBI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9709 users online. 498 members and 9211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X