Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand by what I believe about most of the officers there being good, but I'm not going to put myself in a position where I'll have to choose between my personal safety and my morals. **** working for Harvey, good luck to all but I'm out..But there was 10 deputies and 1 CPD guy, so be aware of that

Comment

• all i can say after all the phone calls, etc, these people, not officers are disgusting and deserve what ever the courts deem fit. these few , however do not represent me nor the others who do our job and have never taken/accepted a penny from anyone. do they make up the majority of the ccdoc? no. are all ccdoc bad/ no. i never was a cpd officer. you can attack the way i spell words on a computer or type... but i never said i was a english teacher im a copper.

Comment

• In my opinion Harvey PD is the MOST corrupt agency in the area and most likely in all of Illinois. I can post at LEAST 20 examples, made public, of Harvey PD misconduct over the past 2 1/2 years. I challenge anybody on this board to find another Illinois municipality, roughly the same size, which is more corrupt.

I remember what it was like many years ago when I wanted the Cop job like some of these guys posting on Officer.com are trying to accomplish now. I remember being excited and having the desire to work at whatever agency would take me. After a few years it is difficult to realize how utterly ignorant and "clueless" a wannabe is. Don't get me wrong it is not a bad thing, but only experience can shed light on it.

I would rather work at Taco Bell than work in a place like Harvey. I don't doubt there are numerous good Officer's at this agency, but they have no real ability to change their environment. The corruption runs deep and it would take much, much more than a few line Officer's to raise a stink about it. I've lived in the south suburbs my entire life and can never remember anything good being said about Harvey or their PD.

Taking a job there knowing what is coming your way is like selling your soul to the devil...and most of you are better than that.
        Last edited by OfcrJ; 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• 15 Cops Arrested In Drug Dealing Probe
          Chicago, Harvey And Cook County Sheriff's Officers Among Those Apprehended
          HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) ― Seventeen people -- including 15 south suburban police officers -- have been charged in a federal probe of allegations that officers provided armed security for large-scale drug deals.

All 17 were charged Tuesday with conspiracy to possess and distribute kilogram quantities of cocaine and/or heroin in eight separate criminal complaints unsealed following arrests early Tuesday, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney's office.

CBS 2's Mike Parker reports that the FBI, armed with warrants, raided the Harvey Police Department's headquarters early Tuesday morning.

Seven of the eight complaints were supported by a single, 61-page FBI affidavit that outlines an undercover investigation that involved such activity as police officers protecting a high-stakes poker game, protecting transportation of large amounts of cash and two law officers actually selling powder cocaine, in addition to the routine activity of providing security for purported narcotics transactions, the release said.

Fourteen of the defendants were either arrested or surrendered Tuesday and are expected to appear at 3 p.m. before U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Mason in U.S. District Court.

Arrest warrants were issued for Ahyetoro A. Taylor, 28, of Joliet; and Jermaine E. Bell, 37, of Lynwood, Cook County Sheriff's officers who are on active military duty with Army National Guard units in Afghanistan. Another defendant, Archie Stallworth, 36, of Harvey, a Harvey police officer, was arrested Nov. 19 but the charges remained under seal until Tuesday, the relase said. He was released on bond and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.

According to a release, a six-passenger, twin propeller engine aircraft flew on May 13 into west suburban DuPage Airport where three men awaited its arrival. Two of them -- Taylor and Raphael Manuel, both Cook County sheriff's Correctional Officers -- accompanied someone whom they believed brokered large-scale drug transactions but, in fact, was an undercover FBI agent, the release said. They boarded the aircraft, operated by two other undercover agents, and began counting packages of what was purported to be at least 80 kilograms of cocaine inside four duffel bags.

Taylor, Manuel and the undercover agent removed the duffels from the plane and took them through the airport lobby to the trunk of the agent's car in the parking lot, the affidavit alleges. Taylor and Manuel, in a separate car, followed the agent to a nearby parking lot, where the agent parked and got into the officers' vehicle. Together, the trio watched as yet another undercover agent arrived, removed the duffels and drove away. The FBI agent posing as the drug broker then paid Taylor and Manuel $4,000 each -- allegedly their most profitable payday in the corrupt relationship they began with the undercover agent at least a year earlier.

The undercover agent, while posing as an employee of a business in south suburban Harvey, was the hub in multiple spokes of police corruption in which Taylor and Manuel -- often together with other officers they recruited -- allegedly provided armed security for purported cocaine and heroin transactions throughout the south suburbs in 2007 and 2008, the affidavit alleges.

Of the 17 defendants, 10 are Cook County Sheriff's correctional officers, four are Harvey police officers and one is a Chicago police officer. They allegedly accepted between $400 and $4,000 each on one or more occasions to serve as lookouts and be ready to intervene if real police or rival drug dealers attempted to interfere with transfers of cocaine and heroin, according to the affidavit.

"Ideally, it should be hard to find one corrupt police officer and it should never be easy to find 15 who allegedly used their guns and badges to protect people they believed were dealing drugs instead of arresting them," U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald said in the release. "And the involvement of some in off-loading and delivering what they thought were large shipments of drugs flown in by plane is particularly shocking."

According to the common affidavit, the undercover agent paid a total of $44,000 to 16 of the defendants, not including an additional $1,000 to Stallworth. The largest shares allegedly were paid to Taylor ($15,000) and Manuel ($14,500), respectively, for providing security during alleged drug transactions.

Among the others charged were:

-- Tavis Ramsey, 31, of Chicago;
          -- Dwayne Williams, 42, of Country Club Hills;
          -- Antoine D. Dudley, 28, of Harvey, Harvey police officer;
          -- James Engram, Jr., 41, of Calumet City, Harvey police officer;
          -- Kyle T. Wilson, 31, of Chicago, Chicago police officer;
          -- Timothy Funches, 26, of Bellwood, sheriff's officer;
          -- Diallo Mingo, 34, of Calumet City, sheriff's officer;
          -- Antwon Funches, 34, of Chicago, sheriff's officer:
          -- Antonio B. McCaskill, 30, of Harvey:
          -- Richard O. Hall Jr., 35, of Chicago, sheriff's officer;
          -- Robert L. Kelly, 32, of Glenwood, sheriff's officer:
          -- Daniel L. Lee, 31, of Chicago, sheriff's officer: and
          -- Julius L. Scott Jr. , 34, of Richton Park, sheriff's officer.

The Harvey police department has been the target of a number of investigations by state police in the past few years. Those investigations involved a number of suspiciously unsolved murders, and, in a celebrated incident, the mysterious disappearance of a gun police had been holding as evidence in one case.

Over the past year, a task force including members of the Cook County State's Attorney's office and Illinois State Police raided the department and removed evidence that has been used to bring murder charges against several suspects.

Also, a charge was brought against a Harvey detective for attempting to interfere in the investigation of a shooting of a fellow Harvey officer.

CBS 2's Mike Parker and the STNG Wire contributed to this report.

Comment

• Im not a police officer or anything but i jus felt like putting in my opinion on this i was going to pick up an app for this PD and officers talked me out of it. my personal opinion is that i think this PD needs to be shut down or in the hands of ISP this is too crazy. Harvey might have a few good officers, and they are going to stick up for their PD, but i dont know everyday it seems like something, or someone is being investigated over there.
            Last edited by Nader629; 12-02-2008, 05:36 PM.
            Countryside Police Department
            Written: 5/3/08 Passed 71
            Oral Group Interview: 5/14/08 Passed
            Background: To be scheduled
            Polygraph: To be scheduled
            Phys: To be scheduled
            -----------------------------------------------
            Justice Police Department
            Written: 9/13/08 passed, no score given
            Oral: 12/19/08
            Background: To be scheduled
            Polygraph: To be scheduled
            Phys: To be scheduled

Comment

• on my ride along with gurnee today we had a traffic incident that involved one of the FBI guys that raided harvey. He didnt seem like a happy camper
              Please let me know, Thank you.
              US Army 13M

Comment

• One of those guys is a Harvey Lock-up/Detention Officer & not a copper. So actually that makes three, so far....

Comment

• Look at the bright spot, that's 15 positions for you guys looking for a job!

Comment

• FBI Agents Staged Stings on Corrupt Illinois Officers

Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008
                    Updated: December 3rd, 2008 09:28 AM GMT-05:00

Most Read Most E-mailed E-mail Article Print Article

By MIKE ROBINSON
                    Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO --

Duffel bags stuffed with cocaine were delivered by plane to a suburban airport in the U.S. state of Illinois while two sheriff's officers provided security.

A police officer stood by to guard the cash and keep out the riffraff at a poker game where $100,000 changed hands.

And a drug dealer was told squad cars marked "sheriff" and "sheriff's police" might be available on a "freelance" basis to provide protection for his deliveries.

Such tales of law enforcement gone awry emerged in court papers Tuesday as U.S. federal prosecutors unveiled a series of elaborate sting operations aimed at officers who hired out to ride shotgun for drug deals and other criminal activities.

Fifteen officers and two other men who had pretended to be law enforcement officers were charged with conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine or heroin or both.

But the most spectacular pretending was done by the federal agents themselves.

The pilots of the airplane were not drug runners but undercover agents. So were the gamblers who busily played hand after hand of high-stakes poker - all for show.

The drug broker who squired the officers to the airport to pick up the duffel bags was an agent. So was the drug dealer who stuffed the bags into his Mercedes-Benz.

U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald said he was dismayed to find that so many law enforcement officers had "sold out their badge."

"When drug dealers deal drugs, they ought to be afraid of the police - not turn to them for help," Fitzgerald said at a news conference.

Officials paid homage to an unnamed FBI agent who moved into a business in Harvey more than a year ago and set up shop as a drug broker. He soon attracted the attention of police and the corruption grew, authorities said.

They said the agent was sent in undercover because there had been reports of police corruption over the last several years in southern Cook County, including the Harvey police department. An investigation into allegations of robbery, extortion, narcotics offenses and weapons distribution is ongoing, officials said.
                    Those charged include 10 Cook County sheriff's correctional officers, four Harvey police officers and one Chicago police officer.

Of the 17 defendants, 14 were arrested or surrendered Tuesday and were being immediately brought before U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Mason. Two sheriff's officers are on active duty with Army National Guard units in Afghanistan, and warrants were issued for their arrest.

If convicted of conspiracy to possess and distribute more than 5 kilograms (11 pounds) of cocaine or one kilogram (2.2 pound) of heroin, the defendants would face a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and a maximum of life. The maximum fine would be $4 million.

Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart called the alleged behavior "absolutely reprehensible."

Each of those charged has been suspended with pay pending a hearing next week, Dart said. "That step will then lead to a request for terminatio

Comment

• I Guess Those Of Us Warning You All About Harvey Were Just Full Of Sh$%. Hope You All Learn To Listen To Those Of Us That Have Been Around Awhile From Now On, Rather Then Being Out Right Disrespectful. You Come Here Askin For Advice We Give It And You Disregard It, Now Look The Writing Is On The Wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan75 View Post
                        Look at the bright spot, that's 15 positions for you guys looking for a job!
                        not quite, most of the 15 were cook county deputies, not harvey pd officers. many departments have black eye(s) b/c of the actions of a few, which doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the other officers in that agency nor can you legitimately make the wider generalization from this about law enforcement officers in general.

reading this thread, i personally wish we'd show a little more respect to our fellow brothers and sisters in uniform. if you think a department sucks or is a career killer fine - pm people about that if you want to warn them about applying, but !repeatedly! insulting an entire department (and, by implication, the officers in that department) is pretty over the top imo.
                        Last edited by ilparkcop; 12-25-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilparkcop View Post
                          not quite, most of the 15 were c(r)ook county deputies, not harvey pd officers. many departments have black eye(s) b/c of the actions of a few, which doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the other officers in that agency nor can you legitimately make the wider generalization from this about law enforcement officers in general.

reading this thread, i personally wish we'd show a little more respect to our fellow brothers and sisters in uniform. if you think a department sucks or is a career killer fine - pm people about that if you want to warn them about applying, but !repeatedly! insulting an entire department (and, by implication, the officers in that department) is pretty over the top imo.
                          There are 15 fewer positions. I didn’t specify which departments.

I agree that just because a department has some bad apples that we shouldn’t condemn the whole department. But when you are talking about smaller departments, it is harder to hide as a corrupt cop. I would imagine that when a few cops are caught as dirty, then there are others who didn’t get caught and there are certainly others that knew they were dirty to a point.

These guys should be sent to general population and deal with the consequences if they are truly guilty. What where these guys willing to do? Would they have killed other cops? All for what, a few buck. These guys are scum if all this is true.

Comment

• I was in Markham courthouse this morning and heard the FBI supposedly "got" Kellogg this morning??? Don't want to start any rumors but did anyone else here this? Nothing in the papers yet from what I can see.

If so, let's hope this town and PD can start moving in a positive direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
                              I was in Markham courthouse this morning and heard the FBI supposedly "got" Kellogg this morning??? Don't want to start any rumors but did anyone else here this? Nothing in the papers yet from what I can see.

If so, let's hope this town and PD can start moving in a positive direction.
                              Just saw it on WGN News...no one was arrested, but the Feds just "Stopped by" the Harvey Police Department.

Comment

• So it's been confirmed by a source working at the HPD. There are now 12 slots.

I know backgrounds are still underway. I've talk to some of you privately - so it seems some backgrounds are just about complete, while others are still pending. For everyone who passes the background, and medical...December 31st is the day to take the POWER test at the academy.

Speaking of the medical, has anyone heard anything?
                                Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8524 users online. 385 members and 8139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X