300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey PD

Got the letter today, test is on Nov. 1st. Anyone else contemplating it?
    Last edited by MorseAve1134; 09-10-2008, 05:02 PM.

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
    Got the letter today, test is on Nov. 1st. Anyone else contemplating it?
    Can you say career suicide?

Comment

To each it's on. I know an former officer there, he has nothing but good things to say since the department was raided a couple of years ago. The state is putting tons of money in Harvey's PD to clean things up. I'll be there at the test, I'm just not too excited about the $50 application fee.
      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

where did you find the info on the test for Harvey?
        "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
        "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

Stay the F$%K outta Harvey. If you ever want to leave there if u get hired, good luck. Harvey PD and the Village itself is still very corrupt. DONT TEST FOR HARVEY.

Comment

Things do not change..

I went to TTHS over 35 years ago. Good to see Harvey is still the same
            $h!thole.
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Where did you find the posting, I went to the website and I found no info.

Comment

elginguy, stay away from Harvey, u cannot be that desperate to get hired.

Comment

I am desperate, I just to want to get on somewhere. I have been testing for about six moths and starting to get frustrated. The process is so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Comment

I don't think Harvey is where to go if you're desperate. It's more like a war zone than a "foot in the door". They have a pretty high turn over rate, even for experienced officers that lat move.

Comment

six months is not long, most test for yrs before they get on. Dont make a mistake and go somewhere u wish you could leave but cant.

Comment

Elginguy, six months is nothing. Most guys test for 2-3 years before getting hired. Be patient, and pick the pd's that are right for you. You do not want to start in a war zone like Harvey PD. You will learn nothing. Start somewhere smaller, less active, but not boring....Here, you will develop the correct tactics and habits AT YOUR PACE, and will become a more seasoned and well rounded officer as the time goes. Then, when you feel like your ready for bigger and better, retest. Now, your resume should be filled with expierence, certificatons, and a good clean record (hopefully). Getting on with Harvey, your resume will look something like this:
                        Certifications: None

Expierence: Bouncing from call to call with little or no time to develop proactive patrol tactics. Developed an overall hate for society and diversity. Made due with "sub-par" equipment.Participated in ZERO specialties such as DARE, SRO, FTO, Control Tactics Instructor, BAO, etc..

Citizen Complaints: 6,549,981,245,978

Pending Lawsuits: 3,000,000,000

Times when you had to turn the other cheek for other officers: Infinate

I think you get my point, just read the other posts...these are cops talkin to ya..we know what your going through.�* We have all been there.�* Don't let the desire to do the job ruin your future career in law enforcement.�* Check the blueline, keep you ear to the ground, and don't make a bad choice.�*
                        Last edited by Jiggets; 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Do NOT test for Harvey! You WILL be blackballed from a lot of other agencies who see Harvey as a synonym for the word CORRUPTION (no matter what they admit to). I would rather work the night shift at Wendy's than work at Harvey PD (probably pays the same too).

It is still corrupt and is the black hole of law enforcement endeavors. If you get fired from another agency Harvey PD is where most end up... B E W A R E !

Comment

Oh my god I want to be a police officer so bad but don't know about Harvey

Comment

so, where do you get the info for the testing sites?
                              "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                              "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9776 users online. 406 members and 9370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X