300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cook county deputy sheriff applicants

Anyone here in the pre-employment process? I had my polygraph test last week, but haven't heard anything since.

Originally posted by Rook2008 View Post
    Anyone here in the pre-employment process? I had my polygraph test last week, but haven't heard anything since.
    No news is good news,

Comment

Now I understand that the next step is the phsych test, then the final interview. What does the final interview consist of? I dont have anyone helping me out(no juice), does that hurt my chances?

Comment

Seriously.. I still cannot fathom how you're getting into a Court Services class without any juice.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
          Seriously.. I still cannot fathom how you're getting into a Court Services class without any juice.

So what do you think I should do?

Comment

Move into a church and spend your time praying! Go with the DOC they pay more! When did CC start the psych test?
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

If you do not have any juice, I do not see how you will ever make it to a Courts academy class spot.

Corrections? You can indeed get in without juice.

Comment

when did they start the psyc's?
                Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                Me: you really want an answer to that
                Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

I dont know when they started. I had mine last week.

Do you think that if I go to my alderman he will be able to help me out?

Comment

I would ask your background Investigator to sign the paper work that says you will interview for corrections. Like Rolt say it is very unlikely to get into to courts. If you are afraid to work the jail I would just start testing for other dept's and would not hold my breath on getting the call for courts.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                      If you do not have any juice, I do not see how you will ever make it to a Courts academy class spot.

Corrections? You can indeed get in without juice.
                      You can but juice still helps. I switched mine over to corrections. I do believe most in my class came right from the orange grove. I also heard that the next DOC class is very small also. There also will be a Courts academy class starting within the next week or so which is going to be small. Rolt, new protocol maybe with only 20-30 recuits?

Comment

I dont know when they started. I had mine last week.

Do you think that if I go to my alderman he will be able to help me out?
                        Corrections is the way to go, but I will reiterate what was already said. If your not comfortable with the idea of working inside the jail then you should start applying for other local departments. They haven't hired for courts in years and they are under a federal mandate to hire more correctional officers due to understaffing and before you'd see them hire more Court Deputies they will place correctional officers in the court buildings to run the lockups to free up court deputies for other areas of the courts...

Comment

Will they be handing out applications this year? My certification status expires this Month and would like to reapply...

Comment

Originally posted by Art25 View Post
                            Will they be handing out applications this year? My certification status expires this Month and would like to reapply...
                            Usually Oct,Nov.
                            Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Applications are now handed out year round.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11391 users online. 392 members and 10999 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X