Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you stop the violence ?

with the 7 murders that happened, i am afraid that science, math,
    ' rocket scientists' and other brainiac's will never be !!!!!

please arrange to stop the violence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #################Seven Killed In Weekend Violence On South Side

CHICAGO (STNG) - Seven men were murdered on the South Side between Friday morning and early Sunday.

Odero Hillard, 17, of 5424 S. Marshfield Ave., was shot at 7124 S. Paulina St., said the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. A Sunday autopsy determined Hillard died of multiple gunshot wounds and the death was ruled a homicide.

Hillard got into a fight with another man, who took out a handgun and shot him in the face about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, according to police, who said the shooting could be gang-related.

Shavel Monegan, 29, of 6936 S. Indiana Ave., was shot at 7042 S. Michigan Ave. and was pronounced dead at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County at 2:47 a.m. Saturday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. A Saturday autopsy determined Monegan died of multiple gunshot wounds and the death was ruled a homicide.

Officers responded to a report of shots fired and found Monegan unresponsive in the street about 1 a.m. Saturday, police said.

Ricky Grant, 36, of 6936 S. Maplewood Ave., was shot at 2520 W. 63rd St. and was pronounced dead at 9:33 p.m. Friday at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. A Saturday autopsy determined Grant died of multiple gunshot wounds and his death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

Grant was in a van when an unidentified person approached on foot and fired multiple shots into the van about 9 p.m. Friday, police said. The gunman then fled on foot.

The shooting is believed to be gang-related, police said.

Mark Mitchell, 23, of 4665 W. Monroe St., was shot at 13098 S. Drexel Ave., and was pronounced dead at 8:55 p.m. Friday at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn. A Saturday autopsy determined Mitchell died of a gunshot wound to the back and the death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

Police responding to a shots fired call found Mitchell dead in a parking lot at the Chicago Housing Authority’s Altgeld-Murray Homes about 8 p.m. Friday, police said.

Cory L. Hatter, 17, of 7006 S. Throop St., was shot 1552 W. 69th St., and was dead on the scene. A Saturday autopsy determined Hatter died of multiple gunshot wounds and the death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

Police found Hatter unresponsive about 6:45 p.m. Friday, police said.

A 17-year-old boy was charged with Hatter's murder late Saturday, police said. A preliminary hearing will be held in a juvenile court at a later date.

Dexter Baylock, 31, of 7221 S. Hermitage Ave., was shot at 1515 W. 79th St. and was pronounced dead at 3:38 p.m. Friday at Christ Hospital. A Saturday autopsy determined Baylock died of multiple gunshot wounds and the death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

A man shot Baylock about 2:45 p.m. Friday during an argument, police said, police said. The shooter fled on foot.

Andrew Mitchell III, 48, of 10753 S. Peoria St. was shot at 9831 S. Genoa Ave., and was dead on the scene, the medical examiner’s office said. A Saturday autopsy determined Mitchell died of a gunshot wound to the neck and the death was ruled a homicide.

Police responding to a report of a shooting found Mitchell on the sidewalk about 6 a.m. Friday, police said.

###################################
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

So what are you really asking?

Comment

Time for the Rev `s to hit the streets and start marching again.That always helps.
      Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

[QUOTE=ftlaudcop;1402352]with the 7 murders that happened, i am afraid that science, math,
        ' rocket scientists' and other brainiac's will never be !!!!!

please arrange to stop the violence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        #################Seven Killed In Weekend Violence On South Side/QUOTE]

I believe if we just would take a second to give a smile to a stranger, maybe a "Please," or "Thank-you," holding that door open for someone, sharing your "40," being nicer at those neighborhood dice games, that would go a long way to stop all this killing....

Comment

Starting to sound like DC....only those cities with the strict gun control laws have these problems!!
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
            So what are you really asking?
            Nothing wrong with people getting shot, as long as it is the right people!!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
              Starting to sound like DC....only those cities with the strict gun control laws have these problems!!
              Yes this true,i also think chicago needs to try some criminal control,too many times i see inmates going to the parole board that i know should not get parole but do,because gov blago thinks its more cost efficient for the state to let these individuals back into their communities,instead of housing these criminals,if you would check the background of the victims and the offenders,you will find a good percentage of them have a criminal background,and also these so called community leaders like(jessie jackson,al sharpton) need to let CPD do their job without accusing them of using gestapo tactics like he (jackson) did when CPD cracked down on the criminal activity in the harold ickes homes and turning the public against the police,not one time have i seen jackson or sharpton have a march against some of the gangs like the gangster disciples or the latin kings and demand that they stop the senseless killings,instead the are marching in front of chucks gun shop blaming him for the violence,and if that doesn't work they (community leaders)can continue to blame Jody Weiss.
              Last edited by benron; 09-09-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESCMarine View Post
                Nothing wrong with people getting shot, as long as it is the right people!!
                +1
                In fact, all the confiscated guns in Chicago should be returned to these shi*bags so they could all just wipe themselves off this planet. I'm tired of these dic*heads walking into the jail with their R.I.P. lil' G shirts.
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                  +1
                  In fact, all the confiscated guns in Chicago should be returned to these shi*bags so they could all just wipe themselves off this planet. I'm tired of these dic*heads walking into the jail with their R.I.P. lil' G shirts.
                  Do they not know (doesn't anyone tell them) that they look like utter garbage?

Comment

Their not afraid of us anymore....they know they can get us on tape/cell phone cameras and sue us. They know what we can and can't get away with. Old school, EFFECTIVE policing is over. Bring it back and crime goes down, I guarentee it.

Comment

Here is my suggestion if your neighborhood is full of criminals and violence, and crappy schools.

MOVE!!!!!!!
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        Here is my suggestion if your neighborhood is full of criminals and violence, and crappy schools.

MOVE!!!!!!!
                        residency requirement

Comment

Originally posted by BearsSox View Post
                          residency requirement
                          Residency requirement here too, but there are plenty of good neighborhoods away from the ghetto.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            Residency requirement here too, but there are plenty of good neighborhoods away from the ghetto.
                            You're not in Kansas anymore............
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                              Their not afraid of us anymore....they know they can get us on tape/cell phone cameras and sue us. They know what we can and can't get away with. Old school, EFFECTIVE policing is over. Bring it back and crime goes down, I guarentee it.
                              They'll adapt- thats what roaches do, adapt to their environment you can't spray them sometimes you just gotta stomp on them.
                              Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                              Me: you really want an answer to that
                              Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11733 users online. 402 members and 11331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X